Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #1
Joegovette

Drives: 2018 Camaro Vert Redline Edition
2018 Vert SS Camaro had her first sleepover at the dealership

My new Camaro with 2200 miles went into the dealership for a slew of issues on Monday. It is a convertible and had broken both plastic cover pieces which in turn caused a couple of dents on the convertible cover. The rear end sounds horrible on cold starts. The doors are rubbing on the bottom part of the door frame near the latch. The interior door panels were not on correctly. The dealership that I bought it at took 2 days to tint the windows 1.5 months after I bought it. I had one of the plastic cover pieces that needed to be fixed then. I had the dents as well. They were giving me crap about the dents which were obviously from the top mechanism. They were supposed to call when parts came in. Never happened so I took my car to the same Chevy dealership that I use for my 15 vert vette. They call me today and let me know that they fixed all of the mechanical issues with my car, and it is going to the paint shop to repair the dents and where the doors are rubbing. It will be a couple more days. I knew going into this that the car was going to be with them for at least 5-7 days. They gave me a loaner so no big deal except the Malibu is not fun to drive . Both dealerships are Auto Nation, but in different locations less than 10 miles from each other. Needless to say that I will be sticking with my old tried and true dealership. Hopefully, I get my girl back Friday or Saturday.
Joegovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:24 PM   #2
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Oh man, so sorry to hear of all those frustrating issues you are having only a couple thousand miles in on your new convertible. Not surprising as you are certainly not alone with these problems. Sadly, the dealer you bought it from only adds to your frustration.... Three years plus in these issues should have been addressed by the plant and GM.... Kinda Sad!!!!
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:06 AM   #3
Joegovette

Drives: 2018 Camaro Vert Redline Edition
All of the new cars that I have bought have some issues. My Camaro has had a few more than normal, but this dealership is addressing all of them. It must have been built on a Monday or Friday .
Joegovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:00 AM   #4
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joegovette View Post
My new Camaro with 2200 miles went into the dealership for a slew of issues on Monday. It is a convertible and had broken both plastic cover pieces which in turn caused a couple of dents on the convertible cover. The rear end sounds horrible on cold starts. The doors are rubbing on the bottom part of the door frame near the latch. The interior door panels were not on correctly. The dealership that I bought it at took 2 days to tint the windows 1.5 months after I bought it. I had one of the plastic cover pieces that needed to be fixed then. I had the dents as well. They were giving me crap about the dents which were obviously from the top mechanism. They were supposed to call when parts came in. Never happened so I took my car to the same Chevy dealership that I use for my 15 vert vette. They call me today and let me know that they fixed all of the mechanical issues with my car, and it is going to the paint shop to repair the dents and where the doors are rubbing. It will be a couple more days. I knew going into this that the car was going to be with them for at least 5-7 days. They gave me a loaner so no big deal except the Malibu is not fun to drive . Both dealerships are Auto Nation, but in different locations less than 10 miles from each other. Needless to say that I will be sticking with my old tried and true dealership. Hopefully, I get my girl back Friday or Saturday.
is it the differential that’s making a weird noise when the car is cold? If so I just got mine fixed for the very reason!
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:10 AM   #5
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azerlazer26 View Post
is it the differential that’s making a weird noise when the car is cold? If so I just got mine fixed for the very reason!

Yes if it is making weird noises on cold starts when you first drive it around corners or turning the wheel then it is very possible the rear diff needs to be serviced. Mine noise is back even after 2 times at the dealer for it. As the weather gets colder many will have to bring it in as it arises again. In the summer of course its null.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:18 AM   #6
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Yes if it is making weird noises on cold starts when you first drive it around corners or turning the wheel then it is very possible the rear diff needs to be serviced. Mine noise is back even after 2 times at the dealer for it. As the weather gets colder many will have to bring it in as it arises again. In the summer of course its null.
Just did some road testing to confirm that the groan was present. Did a flush on the differential, refilling and adding some LSD additive and BAM! Car was good as new with one last test
Attached Images

Last edited by Azerlazer26; 10-14-2018 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Missed information
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote