Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-14-2018, 08:20 PM   #1
Chay

Drives: Camaro
Exclamation Help needed in Buying New Camaro 2018

Guys,

I am newbie to this forum and need your guidance .

I wanted to buy camaro 6th gen but when looked online the used car price is around 23-25k and at the same price i can see that few dealers are selling new 2018 model. So i am thinking to go for new one

Below are few of my requirements , is it suggested to buy what ever is available in market and then make mod's or is it suggested to buy with the configuration i need. Its difficult to find anything near to Arkansas with what i am looking for. Please suggest

Camaro 1LT, 3.6ltr, Hyper blue metallic, black 20" alloys, RS package, Performance exhaust, technology package, interior lighting package.

most vehicles which are at dealership are having alluminum or grey alloys, will the warranty on suspension gets void if i buy alloys externally. Also most vehicles are having dual exhaust, I am not sure whether quad tip exhaust will fit if i buy the car which has dual exhaust.
Chay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:32 PM   #2
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
No, warranty wont get voided for aftermarket wheels.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:05 PM   #3
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
thank god this isn't a go fund me post.

hey op, good luck with the purchase, have fun. buy something on the lot to get a sweet deal.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:44 PM   #4
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
First, if you intend on upgrading your exhaust, then why would you get the NPP exhaust? Or do you mean, you want to add fake quad exhaust tips to your factory dual exhaust outlets? If so, don't do it, that's just dumb.

Do you have specific after-market black wheels in mind? Or would you be okay with the 20" black wheels available from the factory? If so, and you can't find one, you might consider custom ordering, since you do have a very specific list of options that you require. However, that would necessitate that you like the 2019 refresh
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:03 AM   #5
Corvette_Mike

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I would buy a used SS before buying a new 4 or 6 cylinder if that is all your budget allows. I purchased my new 2018 SS in March. Payment was 100$ a month more for the SS verses the 4 cylinder. Also the V8 SS engine turns into V4 when cruising
Corvette_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:46 AM   #6
dfwcowboy

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6, 1969 Cessna Skylane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette_Mike View Post
I would buy a used SS before buying a new 4 or 6 cylinder if that is all your budget allows. I purchased my new 2018 SS in March. Payment was 100$ a month more for the SS verses the 4 cylinder. Also the V8 SS engine turns into V4 when cruising

It depends on what you're looking for. My budget allows for anything in the GM lineup and I still prefer the V6, which has about the same or more horsepower than most of the 1st and 2nd gen V8 camaros I used to drive back in the 70's for about the same or less weight. It's also 331lbs lighter than the SS so the power to weight ratio isn't as favorable as the extra horsepower might suggest and most of that extra weight is up front where I don't really want it.
dfwcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:38 AM   #7
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Mine has aftermarket wheels and the warranty is valid. Mine even came off the lot brand new with aftermarket wheels. So aftermarket wheels should not make a difference. The quad tip exhaust is such a good option and I would get it, don't go for the single tips- which I have. It's way too quiet- almost no sound and exhaust feel at all. It's the ONE option I wish I had.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:40 AM   #8
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Changing the wheels will not void the warranty, as for exhaust if you get the NPP keep it not many others sound better not to mention the cost and HP increase you might get are not worth it.

As others have suggested have a look at some used 2SS cars you might find one in your price range you are looking for.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:51 AM   #9
Mike C

Drives: 2014 Buick Regal GS AWD
do an unlimited mileage search on Autotrader. Like this......

click here
Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:55 AM   #10
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Concur.

1LE doesnt have the cylinder shutdown feature like the regular SS. Just FYI.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:00 AM   #11
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
I wouldn't touch a used a camaro. If you can afford any new model then ALWAYS go new.
Old 06-16-2018, 05:45 PM   #12
Chay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
No, warranty wont get voided for aftermarket wheels.
Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
thank god this isn't a go fund me post.

hey op, good luck with the purchase, have fun. buy something on the lot to get a sweet deal.
I could only find 3 vehicles thorough out the whole US which are having all these options

Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
First, if you intend on upgrading your exhaust, then why would you get the NPP exhaust? Or do you mean, you want to add fake quad exhaust tips to your factory dual exhaust outlets? If so, don't do it, that's just dumb.

Do you have specific after-market black wheels in mind? Or would you be okay with the 20" black wheels available from the factory? If so, and you can't find one, you might consider custom ordering, since you do have a very specific list of options that you require. However, that would necessitate that you like the 2019 refresh
I am for now good with the factory black alloys , in future i might look for change. I test drove one of the camaro that has NPP exhaust and felt like thats more than enough for me than spending 2000$ on after market exhausts

Quote:
I want to go for v6 as this wil be my daily usage car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
Mine has aftermarket wheels and the warranty is valid. Mine even came off the lot brand new with aftermarket wheels. So aftermarket wheels should not make a difference. The quad tip exhaust is such a good option and I would get it, don't go for the single tips- which I have. It's way too quiet- almost no sound and exhaust feel at all. It's the ONE option I wish I had.
Yep will go for NPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Changing the wheels will not void the warranty, as for exhaust if you get the NPP keep it not many others sound better not to mention the cost and HP increase you might get are not worth it.

As others have suggested have a look at some used 2SS cars you might find one in your price range you are looking for.

Did that and found only 3 cars , 2 in Florida and one in virginia
Old 06-16-2018, 05:49 PM   #13
Chay

Guys what is your suggestion on Ground effects package. better to go for OEM(2250$) which will be added when the car is built or better to go for some cheaper third party after market packages

Dealership suggested me to get them now itself as if i want in future they will charge 2250$ for the part and labour might cost more than 500$ . Not sure whether to order them now or not. CONFUSED :(

Last edited by Chay; 06-16-2018 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 05:55 PM   #14
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
Mcclarty Daniels if you’re anywhere near NWA (Springdale). Tell Brian the sales manger I sent you. Damn good guys all around.

Melvin.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote