Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-09-2018, 09:33 AM   #15
Gator2SS

Drives: 2016 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky Justice View Post
Ethanol is the proverbial shit. I hear people say it doesn’t make much of a difference on an otherwise stock car, but those people are smoking crack. Night and day difference...and the torque!

My dad’s stock C7 Vette with the 7M made 442/471 and I made 482/503 on a Dynocom. Same day and everything.
That was what I was always taught and understood, Just wanted another view point, Thank you.
Gator2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:52 AM   #16
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Ethanol is the proverbial shit. I hear people say it doesn’t make much of a difference on an otherwise stock car, but those people are smoking crack. Night and day difference...and the torque!

My dad’s stock C7 Vette with the 7M made 442/471 and I made 482/503 on a Dynocom. Same day and everything.
Pretty much this.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:03 AM   #17
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
Quote:

^^, the more the better.

As far as storage. E10 isn’t going to hurt anything especially if your doing stabil over the winter. Maybe if you were parking it for a few years.

These cars should be flex fuel from the factory.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:46 PM   #18
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
These cars should be flex fuel from the factory.
I have no idea why they aren’t. The trucks have it enabled from the factory, and that is basically the same engine. The ZL1 would especially benefit from it...
Old 10-09-2018, 03:01 PM   #19
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
E-85 is slowly disappearing. We own a large farm in south Ga, while we don't grow corn for that purpose, there are landowners around us that did. The subsidies for growing corn for the purpose of selling it to produce E85 are disappearing. I would have to make a call to find out the expiration dates, but it isn't that far out. This is one of the main reasons a lot of people were pissed about the farm bill they passed. It had nothing in it continuing the subsidies. Short story... money disappears, ethanol goes with it. It was a waste of money to begin with. But, when the .gov guarantees you so much per bushel when it comes time to sell, people will take advantage.
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #20
Gator2SS

Drives: 2016 2ss
omg........? am i the only one ....... Read the post... Thank you any way\...
Gator2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:04 PM   #21
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPoop View Post
E-85 is slowly disappearing. We own a large farm in south Ga, while we don't grow corn for that purpose, there are landowners around us that did. The subsidies for growing corn for the purpose of selling it to produce E85 are disappearing. I would have to make a call to find out the expiration dates, but it isn't that far out. This is one of the main reasons a lot of people were pissed about the farm bill they passed. It had nothing in it continuing the subsidies. Short story... money disappears, ethanol goes with it. It was a waste of money to begin with. But, when the .gov guarantees you so much per bushel when it comes time to sell, people will take advantage.

Couldn't happen soon enough. Thanks. No ethanol free around here except at one marina out at one of the lakes. Far from everything and expensive. I have to buy it by the gallon for my mower. Very expensive.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:50 PM   #22
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
dont worry about E10 gas. its not going to do anything long term in your car. if your storing the car just put a fuel stabilizer. I prefer seafoam.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:47 AM   #23
Chris C 1SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
Ethanol burns cleaner so it was mixed with most fuels to be epa friendly. It is also cheap as hell for them to make so they can mix it in and still charge us the same amount and make millions more. My flex fuel sensor reads about 12-13% out of pump 93.
Ethanol is a negative net power fuel. It costs more to make than what it delivers. Lower MPG and opportunity cost of using corn for fuel as well.

Federal subsidies too. All to stretch gasoline supplies. Big government policies.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:11 PM   #24
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris C 1SS 1LE View Post
Ethanol is a negative net power fuel. It costs more to make than what it delivers.
the most convincing reports I have seen counter that. Not saying it is to the degree it makes sense.

From my point of view it is cheaper per mile to run than premium and gives a substantial boost in power. From us boosted guys point of view it is race gas from the pump for $2/gallon that will support as much power as you chose to make.

I will be pretty sad if it ever fades away.

Speaking of sunk in energy costs. Have you seen how much electricity and other energys it takes to make a gallon of gas.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:24 PM   #25
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
its hard to find when the subsidies expire but I think its 2022
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote