Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-09-2018, 10:59 PM   #1
JayhawkSS1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Windshield fog...vent cover

Has anyone made a vent cover or vent covers(one for drivers side one for passenger side)? If not I am think of making something that will clip to the vents to hold the vent cover in place to avoid windshield fog.

This is some serious bullshit.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:02 AM   #2
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
I went to Lowe's and got some of the tall rubber baseboard molding, traced out a outline and cut a piece out. I keep it beside the console side of my drivers seat. When I have issues with outside condensation I throw it up on top of the vents.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 01:06 PM   #3
Bodyslide

Drives: Traded in 2016 BLUE VELVET 2LT RS
I bought one of these and cut it to fit. Works pretty good.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Bodyslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:21 PM   #4
KROLIS

Drives: 2017 2LT/RS & 2013 2LT/RS vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodyslide View Post
I bought one of these and cut it to fit. Works pretty good.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That nice having to spend $12 on a $30k -$80k car so the front window doesn't fog up
KROLIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:59 PM   #5
NilesW

Drives: 2018 2SS vert, Hyper Blue
Mine started the fogging from day 1. I spoke to the selling dealers service manager. He told me there is a service bulletin out for it. Seems there is a small extra piece of gasket material on the blend door going to the windshield defrost vents that props it open a tiny bit. It’s a few other models as well. it’s a free repair. But... they will pull both the dashboard and the windshield out for the fix, which is to snip the extra piece off. At this point, I declined, don’t really want anyone pulling the glass or dash out cause it’ll never be the same. But in Florida, where it’s hot and very humid most of the year, I might have to. It certainly is annoying.
NilesW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:11 PM   #6
Whocares05050

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesW View Post
Mine started the fogging from day 1. I spoke to the selling dealers service manager. He told me there is a service bulletin out for it. Seems there is a small extra piece of gasket material on the blend door going to the windshield defrost vents that props it open a tiny bit. It’s a few other models as well. it’s a free repair. But... they will pull both the dashboard and the windshield out for the fix, which is to snip the extra piece off. At this point, I declined, don’t really want anyone pulling the glass or dash out cause it’ll never be the same. But in Florida, where it’s hot and very humid most of the year, I might have to. It certainly is annoying.

My car has 300 miles on it and has been there everyday since i bought it last friday...
Whocares05050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:24 AM   #7
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilesW View Post

They do no pull the dash on this repair, only the windshield and it still doesnt fix the issue. Several of people had it done, made no difference at all in the issue.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:55 AM   #8
DragonTTK
Ontario - 2SS Owner

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Yeah can be annoying.
DragonTTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:29 PM   #9
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
There is another thread about this as well. I took the advice from that post and used baseboard molding and cut it to size and used it this summer. It worked very well, but at times the side vents caused the same issue on the door windows. I got some foam, cut it in little pieces and stuffed in the vents. I tried to make it as unnoticeable as possible and it works.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote