Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-09-2017, 01:24 PM   #15
Cdflyer

Drives: 2016 1SS 6speed
Those are the GForce CV joints mated to GM shafts. I’ll be surprised if they can take as much of a hit as the GForce or DSS with the moly shafts. On the stock ones, I split the large shaft right where it necks down to the inner CV. But for that price, they’re hard not to try.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:47 PM   #16
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdflyer View Post
Those are the GForce CV joints mated to GM shafts. I’ll be surprised if they can take as much of a hit as the GForce or DSS with the moly shafts. On the stock ones, I split the large shaft right where it necks down to the inner CV. But for that price, they’re hard not to try.
You think the ratings they're boasting are bs?
// 3M/Gotch Design Sponsored Gloss Deep Space Colorshift Wrap //
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:39 PM   #17
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
We've had great luck and success with the Drive Shaft Shop axles. We run the 1400HP level 5 version in our tech's 5th gen camaro Lurch, which puts down 1000+ to the wheels and launches to a 9.9 second 1/4 mile with full slicks. They are great products and hold up to serious power.
Feel free to call, email, or pm with any questions.

Regards,
Brandon
801-545-4215
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:40 PM   #18
Cdflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
You think the ratings they're boasting are bs?
I’m a little leary. GForce rates their Outlaw axles at 1500hp based on where they’ve actually failed. They also have a lifetime warranty. I could sell you my axles, and as long as they go to GForce first, you’ll still have that same warranty.

I don’t know about DSS, but I hear good things from them.

Both places charge about the same for axles.....

How can GM say theirs are as good, or better, for half the cost? Not to mention, there is a 1 year/12,000 mile warranty.....only on the parts.

I paid what I did with the knowledge that if I EVER break them, they’ll get fixed or replaced. Considering I snapped my stock one within 3 months of buying my car, I don’t have much faith in what GM considers “strong”.

This is all my personal opinion, I am in NO way affiliated with GM, GForce, or DSS.....or a shop for that matter. I just do all my own work, so I don’t like doing things more than once. And the axles took me 4 hours with a buddy since we had to almost completely tear the rear suspension out in order to get them in. So take it for what you will.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:19 PM   #19
exxit

Quote:
I’m a little leary. GForce rates their Outlaw axles at 1500hp based on where they’ve actually failed. They also have a lifetime warranty. I could sell you my axles, and as long as they go to GForce first, you’ll still have that same warranty.

I don’t know about DSS, but I hear good things from them.

Both places charge about the same for axles.....

How can GM say theirs are as good, or better, for half the cost? Not to mention, there is a 1 year/12,000 mile warranty.....only on the parts.

I paid what I did with the knowledge that if I EVER break them, they’ll get fixed or replaced. Considering I snapped my stock one within 3 months of buying my car, I don’t have much faith in what GM considers “strong”.

This is all my personal opinion, I am in NO way affiliated with GM, GForce, or DSS.....or a shop for that matter. I just do all my own work, so I don’t like doing things more than once. And the axles took me 4 hours with a buddy since we had to almost completely tear the rear suspension out in order to get them in. So take it for what you will.

I hear ya, I'll definitely be beefing up the drivetrain with this next stage of upgrades I'm sorting out, if I go with the chevy stuff i'll report back. I'm still going with a DSS shaft for sure. Don't want to play with a 2pc like the one chevy is showing as their heavy duty replacement
Old 11-13-2017, 04:07 PM   #20
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
It's for the SS

http://thatcamaropartsguy.com/zl1-sp...eneral-motors/

Here is the drive shaft
http://thatcamaropartsguy.com/zl1-sp...eneral-motors/

I may still get a one piece from DSS or GeForce instead though... Not sure about 2pc for drag
At that price I’ll still be going with GForce or DSS.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:29 PM   #21
exxit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR 45TH View Post
At that price I’ll still be going with GForce or DSS.
Yehp the driveshaft price makes no sense... But going from 1400 to 910 shipped on the half shafts is pretty appealing. They look visibly bulkier and chevy is warrantying the ZL1 at the track so I'd imagine they know How to make a proper halfshaft. Just didn't go balls out on the SS (or no balls at all in some people's cases considering they snapped on stock power lol)
Old 11-13-2017, 07:21 PM   #22
Cdflyer

Quote:
Yehp the driveshaft price makes no sense... But going from 1400 to 910 shipped on the half shafts is pretty appealing. They look visibly bulkier and chevy is warrantying the ZL1 at the track so I'd imagine they know How to make a proper halfshaft. Just didn't go balls out on the SS (or no balls at all in some people's cases considering they snapped on stock power lol)
Based on photos, the half shafts don’t look any beefier then the stock ones. They might be thicker wall materials, but I like my solid shafts from GForce. But again, just my personal preference. I can tell you the GForce are significantly heavier then stock, but the lifetime warranty and lack of questioning their durability is worth the extra money to me.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:35 PM   #23
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
subbed!!
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:07 PM   #24
SS2017_MJB

Drives: 2017 SS Coupe 2SS 8AT (427CI, D1X)
GeForce Axle Shafts & Aluminum Driveshaft

Quote:
Based on photos, the half shafts don’t look any beefier then the stock ones. They might be thicker wall materials, but I like my solid shafts from GForce. But again, just my personal preference. I can tell you the GForce are significantly heavier then stock, but the lifetime warranty and lack of questioning their durability is worth the extra money to me.
Hi-
I'm upgrading my drive train with the GeForce aluminum driveshaft in combo with their 6th gen 850 HP capable axle shafts as insurance to handle the additional power generated by a Procharger P1X/Stage 2 mod to my 2017 2SS A8. The car dynos at 564 WHP/570 RTQ feeding 305/30-20 Michelin PSS4. The shop has performed the mods, e.g. the Procharger install and tune, indicated that no issues likely to arise with PSS4 because they just melt on hard launch, but if I went to 315/30-20 Toyo R888R or equivalent to increase stickiness to handle the power, the rear end and driveshaft could break under strain--particularly if I upgrade further to E-85 plus LT4 fuel/injectors. I understand that you and others in this thread have M6 versus my A8 setup, but I would be most appreciative to hear about how the GeForce do when on the street in terms of noise and vibration. Sometimes I hear that when going to single piece drive shaft -- stuff happens but the advert from GeForce says these suckers are balanced to avoid those issues. I waited a month after ordering for these parts to arrive at my speed shop and they get installed beginning tomorrow. (I have not heard any issues with upgrading the axle shafts--in terms of drivability on street.) Any impressions you can share would be most helpful.

Driveshaft >> https://gforce1320.com/product/6th-g...iveshaft-auto/

Axle shafts >> https://treperformance.com/i-2390043...hoCE94QAvD_BwE
SS2017_MJB is offline   Reply With Quote