Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-11-2023, 10:47 AM   #1
Annihilate

Drives: 2024 2SS Camaro, 1988 IROC Z
Send a message via Skype™ to Annihilate
How hard are we talking, exactly? (Ordering)

Hi there everybody,

Consider this a part introduction, I am a younger dude who has had a passion for Camaros for some time, my dad has a 69 which I helped him restore and was able to drive to high school, and I've had two IROCs, an 88 and 89 respectively. I still have and wrench on the 88.

Once upon a time, I was in love with the 5th gen Camaro and wanted one when it came out, however it wasn't in the cards. Moving forward, I have a home and a nice garage, and I had the urge to get in on the alleged last ICE Camaro. Originally I was going to do a 2SS in Riverside with a few addons, such as a sun roof, magnetic ride, the performance exhaust, some black wheels, 2nd gen ground effects, and a blade spoiler, with another cosmetic addon or two.

Then I did like the appearance package of the CE, specifically the color.

However, now, I am realizing this might not be as easy as I'd hoped. I'd still be willing to go for the 2SS in Riverside, though I would like to hear some thoughts on how possible it will be to have one built like I want, and if anyone has any tips or suggestions. I'd be willing to go for a 2023, but again, I know I will have to make some sacrifices.

This will likely be the only new car I'll own for a long time, as I have been driving and maintaining a 08 Impala with plenty of life in it for Winter.

I am located in Michigan, and I am just looking for some words of hope and inspiration here.

Nice to be apart of the forums, and hopefully I can be an owner of a 6th gen.

Thanks in advance!

Annihilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 11:28 AM   #2
GenericID10T

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS/2020 RAM 1500 Rebel
This one was just delivered in your area, and seems to have most of what you are looking for. Honestly, I would jump on one that you know you can get now, and then add some of the cosmetic things later instead of risking an order not being picked up or the parts not being available in the final run of the Camaro. Also, price for a 2024 is going up, so might as well get the cheaper 2023 with incentives, and use that money toward any cosmetic items you want.

https://www.feldmanchevyofnovi.com/n...FH1R74P0156506
GenericID10T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 11:38 AM   #3
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
You’re pretty late to get on a dealer’s list for a ‘24, but why not give it a try? You’re going to find that some options you want (like the black wheels) won’t be available, and some equipment will disappear from the list during the abbreviated production cycle as Chevy empties its inventory of parts.

I’m still on a long list for a ‘24, and some of the options I wanted already are not available, so last week I went to the Camaro Inventory list at Chevy.com, searched for the car I wanted within 500 miles and found three possibilities. Less than a day later, I had a new ‘23 in my garage. The current inventory still shows more than 3,000 ‘23s available across the country, but some have ridiculous markups and others are sold because some dealers are lazy about removing them from the list.

Whichever way you go, you’ll be glad you did - good luck!
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 12:42 PM   #4
Annihilate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericID10T View Post
This one was just delivered in your area, and seems to have most of what you are looking for. Honestly, I would jump on one that you know you can get now, and then add some of the cosmetic things later instead of risking an order not being picked up or the parts not being available in the final run of the Camaro. Also, price for a 2024 is going up, so might as well get the cheaper 2023 with incentives, and use that money toward any cosmetic items you want.

https://www.feldmanchevyofnovi.com/n...FH1R74P0156506

This one looks alright, but the paint doesn't look quite right to me. Looks closer to the riptide blue than the riverside.

How were you able to source this? I'd be willing to drive quite a ways for the right car.

Old 07-11-2023, 12:43 PM   #5
Annihilate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
You’re pretty late to get on a dealer’s list for a ‘24, but why not give it a try? You’re going to find that some options you want (like the black wheels) won’t be available, and some equipment will disappear from the list during the abbreviated production cycle as Chevy empties its inventory of parts.

I’m still on a long list for a ‘24, and some of the options I wanted already are not available, so last week I went to the Camaro Inventory list at Chevy.com, searched for the car I wanted within 500 miles and found three possibilities. Less than a day later, I had a new ‘23 in my garage. The current inventory still shows more than 3,000 ‘23s available across the country, but some have ridiculous markups and others are sold because some dealers are lazy about removing them from the list.

Whichever way you go, you’ll be glad you did - good luck!

Yeah, I've only been able to go to one Dealer so far last month, and they said they can't even put orders in until August.

Don't know if they were jerkin me around or what.

Old 07-11-2023, 01:07 PM   #6
GenericID10T

How the color looks is going to be highly dependent on the lighting during the photo process. It is Riverside Blue.

This was found on Chevy’s site when searching inventory.
Old 07-11-2023, 02:56 PM   #7
LeonardS

Drives: 1969 Z28,1992 Z28,1994 Z28,1999 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilate View Post
Yeah, I've only been able to go to one Dealer so far last month, and they said they can't even put orders in until August.

Don't know if they were jerkin me around or what.
Your dealer is wrong. Find a better dealer to work with.
94 Z28, Black, M6, 595 miles
92 Z28, last car built at Van Nuys Plant, Red, A4, 125 miles www.last1992camaro.com
69 Z28, Dusk Blue, M4
29 Ford Business Coupe
28 Ford Pickup
24 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB 4x4
22 Jeep Grand Cherokee
13 Ford F150 Crew Cab 4x4
LeonardS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 06:54 AM   #8
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Like many here, better get moving and find what you like unless you are set on a 2024. Lots of 2023's out there, but you have to find them yourself, don't rely on the dealer. Even the largest Chevy dealers are having hard times getting inventory.

My dealer said I was better off searching on my on, and I was. Dealers are not 'swapping/trading' vehicles like they used to in the past, due to short supply of the popular vehicles.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 01:10 PM   #9
Annihilate

Yeah, another dealer essentially told me it wasn't going to happen and they had a list of 55 people going. I am going to call around to maybe three more dealerships in the area and try my luck for a 2024 order, but I may be settling into a 2023. I have an appointment on Monday and they claim they can build one, we shall see.

As far as exterior things go, the main thing I was wanting were the ground effects.

Is it possible to purchase the GM kit separately? Or have a dealership purchase the kit?

Either way I wouldn't feel comfortable doing the install myself... Would want the dealership to install.

Old 07-14-2023, 01:31 PM   #10
Keko

Drives: 2023 ZLE M6
Keep an eye on the Chevy inventory on their website. Check every day or two.

I had an order in for about a year, and a 2nd order about 9 months in. They never got picked up. One day I found a car on the chevy website that was exactly what I wanted minus the color and PDR - close enough. Jumped on it and incredibly happy to have the car. If I wasn't checking the website every 1-2 days I likely would have never found it.

Things like wheels, spoiler, exhaust, etc can all be changed later on so I wouldn't worry about the cosmetic details too much.
Old 07-17-2023, 11:19 AM   #11
Annihilate

Cool, so I've got two dealerships claiming I can get an order in.

Is there any downside to having an order in at more than one location?

What if both get an allocation for my car? Is it fairly straightforward to cancel an order?

Old 07-17-2023, 11:23 AM   #12
GenericID10T

Quote:
Cool, so I've got two dealerships claiming I can get an order in.

Is there any downside to having an order in at more than one location?

What if both get an allocation for my car? Is it fairly straightforward to cancel an order?
Check on any stipulations regarding the deposit you put down. Many dealerships will only refund until the order is accepted by GM, while others are refundable at any time. If both were accepted at the same time, then you may miss out on a refund from one.
Old 07-20-2023, 04:22 PM   #13
Annihilate

I got an order in. One dealership claimed they would put an order in and id be able to put the deposit in after, and never got back to me and hasn't returned my calls.

I drove a good two hours to a dealership further from the city. I was 2nd in line, so I'm hoping for the best. Ill return to the original dealership to find out what happened cause that didn't sit right.

But I have an order in at least. Fingers crossed for the allocation.

Old 07-20-2023, 06:47 PM   #14
Kamero6

Drives: 6th Gen LT1
Quote:
I got an order in. One dealership claimed they would put an order in and id be able to put the deposit in after, and never got back to me and hasn't returned my calls.

I drove a good two hours to a dealership further from the city. I was 2nd in line, so I'm hoping for the best. Ill return to the original dealership to find out what happened cause that didn't sit right.

But I have an order in at least. Fingers crossed for the allocation.
If they didn't take the money, IMO, they will order the car regardless and then call you. Not a big commitment from them, so you might get whatever they want to get.

I'd say put several orders in, and keep looking. If something comes up that's a decent deal go for it. Dealers aren't honest (at all) so turning them down after they put the order shouldn't even bother you.
Kamero6 is offline   Reply With Quote