Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 06-06-2023, 01:24 PM   #1
gbeaty

Drives: lots
What to do about a car stuck pending dispatch for 2.5 months?

My SLE order (number CKHGXX) was completed on March 24th, and has been stuck pending dispatch (I assume getting the clear coat baked off it in a parking lot) ever since.

I know shipping is having problems, but a friend of mine ordered an SLE from the same dealer (CNPXQB) two months after I did, and his car just showed up. His shipping took 13 days.

Is there anything that can be done about this? Thanks.
gbeaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 04:21 PM   #2
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Could be waiting on parts. Have you gone on the GM chat to check your order?
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 04:32 PM   #3
gbeaty

Drives: lots
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonZ28 View Post
Could be waiting on parts. Have you gone on the GM chat to check your order?
Yes.

Quote:
Congratulations! Your vehicle has been produced. It is important to know that shipping arrangements will take place next and your selling dealer is the best source for additional detail on that process.
It's worth noting we got the exact same options, except mine is a 1SS and his is a 2SS with the add-on duckbill spoiler.
gbeaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 06:26 PM   #4
Caerus

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbeaty View Post
My SLE order (number CKHGXX) was completed on March 24th, and has been stuck pending dispatch (I assume getting the clear coat baked off it in a parking lot) ever since.

I know shipping is having problems, but a friend of mine ordered an SLE from the same dealer (CNPXQB) two months after I did, and his car just showed up. His shipping took 13 days.

Is there anything that can be done about this? Thanks.
I feel your frustration even more. My 2SS 1LE with only NAV option was produced mid January, so coming up on five months. There were some parts issues, but I understand they were some what resolved in April. My car sat in three different lots in the Lansing area. Just recently in early May it was transported to the Melvindale train station in the Detroit area. It is waiting on transportation. First ETA was May 9, then May 30, now the latest guesstimate is June 19 for delivery. No one from the dealership or calling GM (totally futile) can explain why. As you said some get delivery fast and the others are a constant delay. The general sales manager said last week he is going to escalate why the problems, but I don't give it much promise.

I also have the same car ordered at a different dealership and it was produced the last week of April and it sits in a lot north of the production facility and no word on shipping or ETA.

I only have one word for the production and transportation situation; it is a "mystery".
Old 07-10-2023, 01:59 PM   #5
RSScarlet

Drives: Honda Civic Coupe (Red)
Did you ever receive your Camaro? I have mine still sitting at the Willow Street Lot, pending dispatch, since June 6th. My dealer updates me and today still pending dispatch. Very frustrating, but patience.
RSScarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 07:29 AM   #6
JAW1

Drives: 2024 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSScarlet View Post
Did you ever receive your Camaro? I have mine still sitting at the Willow Street Lot, pending dispatch, since June 6th. My dealer updates me and today still pending dispatch. Very frustrating, but patience.
I feel your pain and I’m in the same boat..my car was built March 8th and still pending dispatch. Was moved to Willow Street lot on 6/20..been sitting since. I don’t know if the move to the Willow lot is a good thing vs going right on a truck or to a rail car yard?
JAW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 11:50 AM   #7
GenericID10T

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS/2020 RAM 1500 Rebel
Just found out from my dealer that mine is also at the Willow lot. Information says it is bayed and ready, just pending dispatch. Was moved there on 6/08.
GenericID10T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 12:08 PM   #8
NovaSS4spdFan

Drives: 2024 2SS vert w/M6 & Dual Mode. Red
We've all heard about the transport issues. Years ago, GM owned Anchor Motor Freight. Their GMC Detroit diesel tractors sounded sooo cool. I read somewhere that GM wants to reboot Anchor.
I feel for you guys. Insane to wait ; even a few weeks. My friend works at a Buick/GMC dealership and teases me about the independent hauler setups which are now pretty common across the new/used car delivery network. Some good, however some use old 2-3 car trailer setups. He asks how'll I'll sleep knowing my future 24 2SS Vert might someday be on one of them.
I'm curious to know how long the C8 covered transport takes. Now that destination is almost $1,700, why not ship the Camaro covered or at least store them with the white transport cover, GM ?
NovaSS4spdFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 09:30 AM   #9
JAW1

Drives: 2024 2SS 1LE
A question for all that have Camaro’s currently waiting at the Willow Street lot, do you believe these vehicles are being transported by the truck in bulk loads or driven one by one? The reason that I ask is, my dealer sent me a screen grab of the movement and it looks to me they are driving them over, maybe I’m wrong…
JAW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 06:22 PM   #10
LovellW

Drives: 2023 2SS & C6 Vette
All of their transportation is focused on SUVs and pickup trucks. My 23 2SS took 6 months from order to delivery. My 24 Denali HD was 3 months
LovellW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 07:47 AM   #11
OKTXCAMARO23

Drives: Civic Coupe
Heard from my dealer yesterday. My Sharkskin is on the rail and ETA is 8/6 - 8/9. Finally!
After it's been sitting in the Willow Street Yellow lot since 06/06.
OKTXCAMARO23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 09:21 AM   #12
Carat4878

Drives: 2023 Camaro 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKTXCAMARO23 View Post
Heard from my dealer yesterday. My Sharkskin is on the rail and ETA is 8/6 - 8/9. Finally!
After it's been sitting in the Willow Street Yellow lot since 06/06.
We must be on the same schedule! My dealer called yesterday and said my Sharkskin was in Missouri and ETA is 8/4 - 8/9!! Like yours, my car has been built and sitting since 6/6. The waiting game is a killer.......
Carat4878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 11:50 AM   #13
OKTXCAMARO23

Drives: Civic Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carat4878 View Post
We must be on the same schedule! My dealer called yesterday and said my Sharkskin was in Missouri and ETA is 8/4 - 8/9!! Like yours, my car has been built and sitting since 6/6. The waiting game is a killer.......
Yes, the waiting game is a killer. Our Sharkskin's may of been built around the same time and may be on the same rail, my dealer is in Norman, OK. Good Luck!

Last edited by OKTXCAMARO23; 07-26-2023 at 12:24 PM.
OKTXCAMARO23 is offline   Reply With Quote