Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

View Poll Results: Future of Camaro: V8 Only...?
Yes 39 21.67%
No 141 78.33%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2018, 04:30 PM   #57
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
https://aplus.com/a/15-phrases-do-no...etization=true

Another one to add to this list would be "There's no replacement for displacement".
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:34 PM   #58
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
you know what GM could sell all day long?a revamped pontiac solstice,2-3 inches longer for legroom,hardtop only to do away with the finky and unreliable convertible top,with the base T4 camaro engine and trans in it.hell...id trade my camaro in on that.prices on the hardtop solstice are increasing steadily because people like and want them.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:21 PM   #59
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
you know what GM could sell all day long?a revamped pontiac solstice,2-3 inches longer for legroom,hardtop only to do away with the finky and unreliable convertible top,with the base T4 camaro engine and trans in it.hell...id trade my camaro in on that.prices on the hardtop solstice are increasing steadily because people like and want them.
But mostly because they made so few of them. The Solstice hard top is a very rare car. I can't even recall the last time I saw one. 1100 built.

https://downshiftautos.com/2013/03/0...ice-gxp-coupe/

Loved my Sky Redline, but in reality it was not a high quality car. But it was a fun convertible.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:29 PM   #60
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
But mostly because they made so few of them. The Solstice hard top is a very rare car. I can't even recall the last time I saw one. 1100 built.

https://downshiftautos.com/2013/03/0...ice-gxp-coupe/

Loved my Sky Redline, but in reality it was not a high quality car. But it was a fun convertible.
Still kicking myself. When Pontiac was about to be mothballed, dealers in the Detroit area were pricing to move metal so that they could shut the doors and re-open as some other brand. Went to my local Buick - Pontiac dealer. They had a silver Solstice Redline hardtop that I could have driven home for $16,000. I made the mistake of asking permission rather than begging forgiveness. I don’t know how many of the 1,100 hardtops were Redlines. And I don’t wanna know.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:53 PM   #61
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Still kicking myself. When Pontiac was about to be mothballed, dealers in the Detroit area were pricing to move metal so that they could shut the doors and re-open as some other brand. Went to my local Buick - Pontiac dealer. They had a silver Solstice Redline hardtop that I could have driven home for $16,000. I made the mistake of asking permission rather than begging forgiveness. I don’t know how many of the 1,100 hardtops were Redlines. And I don’t wanna know.
Ouch, Just Ouch
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:37 PM   #62
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fbody35th View Post
I think a lot of people feel that way because the camaro starts out as a 4 or 6 cylinder rental and is built up from there. Where as the corvette is a exclusive “V8 only” sports car that is chevys golden child.
The Corvette is Chevy's sports car. The Camaro is Chevy's 2+2 sport coupe. The difference is one of character, not necessarily involving measured performance stats.

The Corvette had at one time the XKE Jaguar as its perceived competition. More recently, the 911 Porsches and for a couple of times the Viper.

The Camaro faces off against the Mustang, to some extent the Challenger (the Mopar was a clearer matchup about 50 years ago), and maybe the M3 BMW.

Norm
Old 07-15-2018, 08:02 PM   #63
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
That v6 engine is still a beast in its own right. Hard to believe they would set it out to pasture as good as it now is.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:10 PM   #64
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
My friend has one, LS3, seats five, handles like on rails, but listed for $50K and is loaded. Called simply the SS and no longer in production (and Holden no longer produces anything). Very few people know it exists or what it is. He said most think it is some kind of Malibu. BTW, he scared me to death in a ride in it.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:29 AM   #65
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
The Corvette is America's sports car. The Camaro is Chevy's 2+2 sport coupe. The difference is one of character, not necessarily involving measured performance stats.

The Corvette had at one time the XKE Jaguar as its perceived competition. More recently, the 911 Porsches and for a couple of times the Viper.

The Camaro faces off against the Mustang, to some extent the Challenger (the Mopar was a clearer matchup about 50 years ago), and maybe the M3 BMW.

Norm
Fixed it for you!
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:43 AM   #66
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Fixed it for you!
I'll give you that the 'Vette has had the staying power that the Viper couldn't quite achieve (and that Ford's GT40/GT never came close to getting). So I guess that makes it "America's sports car" by default.

That's not a put-down. Under somewhat different circumstances I'd be driving a 7th gen Grand Sport instead of a Mustang GT. I did get to drive a Z51 for one lap at speed around NJMP/Thunderbolt a while back.

Norm
Old 01-12-2019, 08:43 AM   #67
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
I said it once and I will say it again,want a fight?Pick a topic-types of wax, oil, tires,engine size,catch can,no catch can and on andon it goes! You should have this or that! O really?
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 07:51 PM   #68
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
I expect Camaro to go to just the Turbo-4, the Mild-Hybrid V8 and some kind of Forced Inducted V8. There will be no totally N/A cars in the near future...just look at the light-duty truck segment.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:17 AM   #69
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
I expect Camaro to go to just the Turbo-4, the Mild-Hybrid V8 and some kind of Forced Inducted V8. There will be no totally N/A cars in the near future...just look at the light-duty truck segment.
Maybe, but I'm way not convinced that trucks make for the right kind of comparison to use.

Trucks need low-end and midrange torque to deal with being loaded to full GVW way more than they need top-end HP and high rev capability. In a performance car with much smaller passenger + cargo loading, you really can't use more than X amount of torque in the lower gears unless you just torque-manage it away.

Norm
Old 05-03-2019, 06:55 AM   #70
Lynix

Drives: 2020 3LT Shock and Steel Edition
Man you v8 only guys really wanna see the Camaro die huh?
Lynix is offline   Reply With Quote