Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-12-2019, 05:11 PM   #1
CruisintheCountryLife

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
First thoughts of the Soler Performance Throttle Body for ZL1 LT4!

Hey guys, just installed the Soler Throttle Body and did a 1500 mile service. Haven’t put many miles on just yet but so far I notice a big difference in the overall feel of the car!!
Also, so glad I did the 500 and 1500 mile service. That rear end fluid looked rough!! Here’s a video of install and service if you’re interested!!!

https://youtu.be/mTZM7E4RL4Q

Last edited by CruisintheCountryLife; 10-12-2019 at 05:47 PM.
CruisintheCountryLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:16 PM   #2
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Thank you much, Cruisin. Nice ZL1, BTW.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:50 PM   #3
CAPTRS777

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE HBM 14 SALEEN 620[S]
pmd
CAPTRS777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:29 PM   #4
CruisintheCountryLife

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Thank you much, Cruisin. Nice ZL1, BTW.
Thanks!!
Old 10-22-2019, 08:53 AM   #5
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
My take is anything that doesn't require a re-tune isn't going to make any real power or help in the long run!

Testing a lot products on a stock car I've seen the computer learn and jump tables as well especially if it saw to much airflow! So something that should make power will be knocked down eventually to make the car happy again!

If you ever get tired of losing to a mustang or Challenger and go to upgrade that with blower porting will be useless a 103 or 112mm will make more power!

For hesitation its a band aid for the computer seemed to always go back a different MAF table or relearn per say after a few weeks on my car... I tried all 3 CAI cut stock box with high flow and the Tony MAMO.. Seemed great but sooner or later the hesitation would come back especially when car is hot and see the 2nd IAT temp in the fender not the Blower!

Tuning that issue out has been 100 % effective over all the other things I've tried..

If your trying not to mess with warranty I guess it so so and you could pull a fuse or something!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:54 AM   #6
Artryan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 , 2020 GMC AT4 Carbon Pro
I installed the Soler TB on my car a couple of months ago. When I was researching the TB, I saw one comment that said his "TB lost it's magic after a month or so." I thought that was an odd comment, but after a couple of months of ownership, I now understand exactly what was meant by that comment.

I bought the TB to cure the off idle stumble that was super annoying. At first, it was great and I was very pleased. Now, the off idle or tip in stumble is back just as if it were stock. I don't think the Soler TB is a bad product at all. What I do think is that there is more to solving this issue besides just bolting on a new TB. I'm no expert by any means, but I'm kind of thinking the solution will be found in a tune and not a new TB.
Artryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:59 AM   #7
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artryan View Post
I installed the Soler TB on my car a couple of months ago. When I was researching the TB, I saw one comment that said his "TB lost it's magic after a month or so." I thought that was an odd comment, but after a couple of months of ownership, I now understand exactly what was meant by that comment.

I bought the TB to cure the off idle stumble that was super annoying. At first, it was great and I was very pleased. Now, the off idle or tip in stumble is back just as if it were stock. I don't think the Soler TB is a bad product at all. What I do think is that there is more to solving this issue besides just bolting on a new TB. I'm no expert by any means, but I'm kind of thinking the solution will be found in a tune and not a new TB.

Exactly..

The 18s are said to have the same software as a 17 but that isn't so.. they seem to adapt quicker than my 17 did.

We did some Intake testing with my 17 when i was totally stock basically about 3 days on the dyno and a lot street logging... They changed the angle of the elbows(straighter path), changed the floor of the filter box, The bell, diameter of the intake tube.. picked up some real power lower IATS.. no timing retard, MAF was reading a lot better ect.. picked up about 2 degress of total timing..

Unfortunately I started to mod my car so I found a friend with a stock 18 to take over the testing..

He used the same setup or prototype as mine.. and a finished product.. every time we made a change, the MAF jumped to a new table showing little to no gains. every time we made a change on my car we saw real improvements.

I'm sorry but the tune is the only fix.. whether a TB or an intake to solve the problem a tune needs to be in place.

At least go with a bigger TB so it will make more power later on..

Just like a TB or Intake to make any real power it needs to have a tune to take any HP advantages.. With a the vararam intake I picked up about 40 hp over the rotofab during testing that's tuning on both.. When the port injection is finished I'll see about the Big gulp vs the vararam.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 10-23-2019, 07:10 AM   #8
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
FWIW and this is not at all any knock on the Soler TB's at all but I am running a Katech Ported TB and experienced the exact same thing. First month of running it was such a noticeable improvement but about a month later the same issues with the stock TB are back. Also I get some quirkiness from time to time like when I pull out onto the road to leave the house in the morning the throttle seems confused and doesn't allow me to pull away smoothly. Its kind of jerky for a moment and then suddenly its working normal.

So this isn't just the Soler TB's. I think the Driving modes like Track, Sport, Tour, etc have a fixed ramp up the way they open the TB on a given input and can't take into consideration there is more airflow due to the porting improvements and like EDFHOBBIES mentioned maybe sees too much airflow and jumps a maf table or something. Just my guess here.

I am going to put the stock TB back for a little testing to see if the erratic morning drive throttle issues goes away.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:27 AM   #9
zincgt

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
When the port injection is finished I'll see about the Big gulp vs the vararam.
Where did you get a Vararam? I was under the impression they didn't have anything to offer yet
zincgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:48 PM   #10
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by zincgt View Post
Where did you get a Vararam? I was under the impression they didn't have anything to offer yet

I live local Vararam .. I did some of the testing..

The fact that it made power on my zl1 and a the SS but tested differently on the 18 zl1 maybe has slowed the release. I think he's looking in to it probably waiting on an answer from GM. He's also been doing a lot work for the COPO so I need to check how far he's out on the release especially since my car is near finished.

Old 10-23-2019, 02:01 PM   #11
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
My take is anything that doesn't require a re-tune isn't going to make any real power or help in the long run!

Testing a lot products on a stock car I've seen the computer learn and jump tables as well especially if it saw to much airflow! So something that should make power will be knocked down eventually to make the car happy again!

If you ever get tired of losing to a mustang or Challenger and go to upgrade that with blower porting will be useless a 103 or 112mm will make more power!

For hesitation its a band aid for the computer seemed to always go back a different MAF table or relearn per say after a few weeks on my car... I tried all 3 CAI cut stock box with high flow and the Tony MAMO.. Seemed great but sooner or later the hesitation would come back especially when car is hot and see the 2nd IAT temp in the fender not the Blower!

Tuning that issue out has been 100 % effective over all the other things I've tried..

If your trying not to mess with warranty I guess it so so and you could pull a fuse or something!
I agree, but it is not all or nothing as you are suggesting. What you are describing happens when some thresholds are reached. That is, from certain point on (airflow/torque) your statement is true, under that point your statement is false. Our modification is modest enough to be able to work with the stock tune permanently, airflow and fuel flow do not change after it is learned, neither torque management retards timing to knock down power when the modification is sensible enough.

This mod and the like have been used for decades, it is more than proven.

Will a tune help? Absolutely, just don't disregard the hardware. If we put a rougher/smaller TB will the ECM learn to go back to stock again by whichever means you are suggesting?
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote