Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - NY / NJ / PA

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-16-2019, 02:25 PM   #1
verdicaysen

Drives: 18' 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Talking Track Night in America - Pocono Raceway

Anyone else down with this? I'll be going to a few of them myself.

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/locations/1984320
verdicaysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:11 PM   #2
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Can a 2017 SS convertible play?
Old 05-17-2019, 08:50 AM   #3
verdicaysen

I think as long as it passes the SCCA rules in the pdf. I just joined the SCCA and paid the dues to NEPA. There's a rules download. I'm just trying to decide which of the 4 nights I want to do.
Old 05-18-2019, 07:50 PM   #4
verdicaysen

I put it up on my FB about looking for local owners in the area who might wanna run the 4 track dates at the raceway. Hopefully we can get a few local owners in.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:13 PM   #5
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Yes, I did the one that took place on 5/8. Likely to either do Lime Rock or Pocono again this year.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:56 PM   #6
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado57 View Post
Can a 2017 SS convertible play?
Negative. I tried before at Thompson Speedway TNIA. But that doesn't mean if someone else is in charge, they may give the ok, or that you may even get away with an ever so slight possibility of getting through with the ol' "don't ask don't tell. Not likely though. I would check out CHIN they have a waiver to sign for convertibles, and even go as far as promoting they're open to them.
Attached Images

NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:33 AM   #7
verdicaysen

They'll allow it with slight modification or if its already within some specific specs. The PDF doesn't say it's strictly forbidden. I'd never even heard of Chin. Do they do events at the Pocono Raceway?

EDIT: CHIN does not do events at the Pocono Raceway.

I'll have to stick with SCCA then. I really love having a track minutes away from home. XD

Last edited by verdicaysen; 05-22-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:22 PM   #8
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Drives: 1SS M
Yea i ran it last year. Ill try to make a few here as well. You need good brake pads for poconos
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:24 PM   #9
verdicaysen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post
Yea i ran it last year. Ill try to make a few here as well. You need good brake pads for poconos

Hope to meet you there. You have a recommendation for pads?
Old 05-28-2019, 11:51 AM   #10
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by verdicaysen View Post
You will be fine on the stock 1LE pads, just make sure you have your brake fluid swapped to a DOT 4 fluid (must of us run SRF). Which date are you planning on going to, I want to make it one of them if possible.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:25 PM   #11
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
I'd never even heard of Chin. Do they do events at the Pocono Raceway?

EDIT: CHIN does not do events at the Pocono Raceway.
Correct CHIN does not do Pocono Raceway, but does others in the area for the member asking if TNIA accepts convertibles (presumably in OEM form, ie w/o rollbar). CHIN does do NJMP and PittRace off hand. Good luck with TNIA based off my early experience with the Vert.
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 11:36 PM   #12
verdicaysen

Probably June 13 and July 11th im waiting on family to confirm dates. I actually live in the area if anyone ever wanted to get together for a ride. We don't have a North East PA Camaro club up here I usually go down to SEPA 5 in Abingdon. I haven't lately because I work Sundays these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
You will be fine on the stock 1LE pads, just make sure you have your brake fluid swapped to a DOT 4 fluid (must of us run SRF). Which date are you planning on going to, I want to make it one of them if possible.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:38 PM   #13
Kmeleon

Drives: 2018 NFG 2SS 1LE!
Any of you know what HPDE insurance runs for one of these events at Pocono? I'm super busy building a basement bathroom this summer but I'm thinking hard about the September event so the car will be fully broken in and track ready.
Kmeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:21 AM   #14
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Drives: 1SS M
Quote:
i ran project MU hc800s last year but didnt remove the heat shields. they roasted by 2nd or 3rd session lol. ill probably try carbotec xp10s next. as for june 13th i will try to be there, weather looks good and i should be out of work by 1 or 2 pm
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote