Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-18-2019, 01:14 PM   #1
Stingray_2014

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Angry Markings coming off of caliper...

For some reason, on my driver's side front side, the markings seem to be coming off of the painted calipers. I guess road debris could do this, but the other side is fine - not even a scratch. I noticed as I was putting air in the tires.

Anybody else have this happen? Is it worth bringing up to dealer or will they just say it's a wear item or merely cosmetic in nature. I only have 5600 miles on the car.

Thanks
Old 10-18-2019, 01:30 PM   #2
LT4

Drives: all sold, getting another soon..
Bring it in. If its within 12 month, they cover cosmetic defect (which this clearly is). It may be covered by bumper to bumper.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:46 AM   #3
Stingray_2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4 View Post
Bring it in. If its within 12 month, they cover cosmetic defect (which this clearly is). It may be covered by bumper to bumper.
Thanks. I will bring in it. I see you are in South Florida. I am in the Tampa area. Have any goo dealer recommendations? I bought the car from a dealer who was over two hours away.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:58 AM   #4
LT4

Drives: all sold, getting another soon..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray_2014 View Post
Thanks. I will bring in it. I see you are in South Florida. I am in the Tampa area. Have any goo dealer recommendations? I bought the car from a dealer who was over two hours away.
I'm more into South Florida, but here's what you do; Type 'chevy dealer orlando' into google, then click on the resulting map. You will get a list of all of them, then you can see 1000's of reviews. Its not exact science, but looking at the reviews will give you more info. Don't rely one person's experience, but hundreds. Try to see where Corvette guys like to go. They're nutzo and most will only take their cars where the mechanics are good and they can stand around and watch (I know because I was one).
Old 10-22-2019, 09:14 AM   #5
Stingray_2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4 View Post
I'm more into South Florida, but here's what you do; Type 'chevy dealer orlando' into google, then click on the resulting map. You will get a list of all of them, then you can see 1000's of reviews. Its not exact science, but looking at the reviews will give you more info. Don't rely one person's experience, but hundreds. Try to see where Corvette guys like to go. They're nutzo and most will only take their cars where the mechanics are good and they can stand around and watch (I know because I was one).
Thanks! I was one of those Corvette guys (not nuts though) and bought my Corvette at Stingray Chevy. It's such a great dealership, but over an hour away from my house. I am going to try a dealer in Clearwater which is much closer to me. The reviews are pretty decent.