Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS

Old 10-02-2019, 06:31 PM   #1
SilverCamaroVert

Drives: 4 wheels, no roof.
Displacement on demand

I've had my RS LT3 since February. Love the car. Only major thing that irritates me is that when traveling down a slight incline (my home road every day) at ~35 in 6th, it often bucks. It seems to be because I'm just ever so slightly hitting the gas because coasting loses but much throttle gains too much.

Asked the dealer today during my first oil change. The tech claimed that the manuals actually have the displacement on demand feature and he thinks it is struggling to pick 4 or 6 cylinders. I thought only the auto's had it. That would explain why sometimes I can hear a distinct and significant change in exhaust volume with a slight additional throttle.

He suggested the range device to deactivate: https://rangetechnology.com/

Any similar experiences or use of this device?
SilverCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:34 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Do a search -the range device is talked about here weekly…
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:07 AM   #3
DriftNDraft

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS 1LT
The dealer is wrong and you were right. Only Camaros with an automatic transmission have Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation). Those with a manual trans do not. From the 2019 Camaro Owner's Manual:

"Vehicles with V6 and V8 engines and an automatic transmission have Active Fuel Management. This system allows the engine to operate on either all or four of its cylinders, depending on the driving conditions."

The Range AFM Disabler won't make any difference on your car since you don't have AFM. As far as I know, all V6s and V8s have the hardware for AFM, regardless of transmission type. But it isn't enabled on the manual cars.
DriftNDraft is offline   Reply With Quote