Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-08-2019, 10:22 AM   #1
vestalsin

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Inferno Orange
ECU Swap

Got a question for you all. So my Camaro has been having problems for a long while now, multiple random codes. So in an effort to process and eliminate I got a ECU from another Camaro, same year, engine etc. Buddy of mine has a good car scanner that can do just about anything but wouldn’t let him change the vin. Because I couldn’t get the key that came from that car I was going to try and relearn my key using the pass key 3 relearn procedure however it does not work. I know that passkey 3 works off of the BCU of the car and I am thinking because the vin on this ecu doesn’t match currently it won’t initiate the key relearn. Has anyone put a different ecu in their car and if so what process did you do? If I can get this one to match my car than it might eliminate the problems I have been having, or at least let me know that my original ecu is not bad and the problems lie elsewhere.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:34 PM   #2
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
i think any tuning shop can handle it but if you don't have one pcm of nc is pretty good at flashing and tuning.i have use them in the past.
i actually live in mooresville nc,there is a fair amount of tuned cars rolling around my town done by them.topnotch!
http://www.pcmofnc.com/
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote