Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-15-2018, 01:32 PM   #1
vestalsin

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Inferno Orange
Possible Bad Fuel Injector or wiring?

I have a 2010 Camparo RS. I have changed out both cats, and all the sensors on my car. What I am having an issue with now is my car will unexpectedly bog down in power, it will drop power and shake as I go faster. My CEL has been on but notice when this happens it will flash few times. If I shit the car down while driving a couple times and restart it will stop and drive good again. I have used sea foam in hopes to think it may just be a clogged fuel injector but it has not helped. What could be some of the issues? I am thinking either the fuel injector is bad or maybe the wiring for it. I have attached the codes that pop up with the check engine light. I have also thought maybe my ECU might not be good either. Any help or insight would be appreciated. Mods to the car are CAI cold air intake, port and polished intake manifold with plenum spacer, Doug T shorty headers, V controller. Please let me know.
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2018, 05:46 PM   #2
vestalsin

BUMP
Old 01-21-2018, 06:45 PM   #3
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Sounds like misfires causing timing to be pulled to me.
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:01 AM   #4
vestalsin

Yes I know it is a misfire, it shows me that in the codes. My question however is what might be causing it as I described in my post.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:29 PM   #5
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestalsin View Post
Yes I know it is a misfire, it shows me that in the codes. My question however is what might be causing it as I described in my post.
Hah sorry I didn't want to say "try xyz" as my experience with misfires is with other cars. Usually for me it has been spark related, ie the coil pack. Oddly in an older B5 Audi, the coolant temp sensor would sometimes lead to misfire codes. The stupid Audi coolant fluid would slowly become mildly conductive over time and screw up the sensor. Weird crap like that.

Do the misfire codes always show up for cylinder 1? I assume you checked the plugs already, and verified the spark plug cables are good (if not, do that). If the code is always cyl 1, swap coil packs around to see if it stays with cyl 1 or follows the coil pack. I suppose you could do the same with the fuel injectors if it comes to that.

Is the 2010 RS direct fuel injected? I've seen (on another platform also) the high pressure fuel pump not able to keep up with requested pressure, I've also seen injector seals failing not able to keep up with the high pressure (usually modified cars making more power, needing more fuel / more pressure than the stock seals were designed to take). This stuff may be a non issue for the Camaro, hence my reluctance to throw out ideas.

I'll just shut up now and wish you good luck in a frustrating troubleshooting issue. I hate misfire codes...
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote