Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 02-04-2017, 11:59 PM   #1
vestalsin

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Inferno Orange
Rx Catch Can Help

I bought a catch can and sent it in to be converted to a dual catch can. My question, i know the center barb goes to the the pcv line that comes out of the back of the engine, the barb that needs to be tapped out for my year camaro 2010. Does it matter on the two outer where they go? I have the front side of the pcv going to on barb on catch can and the other running into my CAI hose in front of my TB. Second question, the check valves, which way are the arrows supposed to go on both outer barba of the catach can??? Do they both point away from the can or towards it. Please any insight let me know working on this now.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:23 AM   #2
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro

It appears you have a V6, correct? Center is the inlet form the crankcase. On a V6, it is the rear of the passenger valve cover. No valve in this line. Make SURE to do the drill mod if your earlier than a 2014 (and with plastic valve covers) to correct GM's design flaw. The 2 outer fittings the checkvalves flow AWAY from the can....you evacuating the crankcase, and these provide the suction to evacuate. One goes to the intake manifold line from the center front top of the IM. The other outlet connects to a barb you drill and install into the coupler just in front of the throttle body. Are you running a clean side separator? If not, think about adding one. We have them here in stock. Simple install.

Elite Engineering Tech Support. Support for any PCV/crankcase evacuation questions.
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:47 AM   #3
vestalsin

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Inferno Orange
Yes it is a V6. I did the drill modify and connected everything the way as you just said. I just was not sure if it mattered which outer barbs on can go to where. I also did get a clean seperator and installed that already. I also set my check valves away from the can. I was curious if anyone had any problems with a P0507 code with this install? In addition to adding the can i put on a pirt and polished intake manifold with a plenum spacer. The spacer had already been installed and i just did a simple swap, new gasket on intake but i am getting a P0507 code. I do know what it is but dont know if it is because of the can and maybe a a loose fitting or from the intake. I am experiencing a slightly higher rev at idle that goes up and down. Bolts to intake were all torqued and all hoses installed exactlly as taken off. TB was dirty but just wiped inside butterfly with rag with a bit of tb cleaner on it. Not sure if maybe the hole i drilled into air intake might be causing it? I have a CAI intake and mafe the hole just before the tb as i was supposed to. Sorry i know this is dragged on just needing a little advice on what i should check out to clear this up. I DID NOT in my haste to do this install disconnect the battery as well, i believe i read somewhere that this might cause it, and to maybe dissconnect my battery for while. Any advice is much appreciated!
Old 02-06-2017, 04:41 PM   #4
Elite Engineering

Something doesn't sound right. Unless you have the drain valve open, there should be no leaks and nothing changes when installed correctly.

I would clear the code and see if it comes back, but sounds like TB issue or leak from the IM spacer. Idle should not change with a properly ported TB, and a properly installed catchcan has zero effect on any air flow or vacuum.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #5
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post

It appears you have a V6, correct? Center is the inlet form the crankcase. On a V6, it is the rear of the passenger valve cover. No valve in this line. Make SURE to do the drill mod if your earlier than a 2014 (and with plastic valve covers) to correct GM's design flaw. The 2 outer fittings the checkvalves flow AWAY from the can....you evacuating the crankcase, and these provide the suction to evacuate. One goes to the intake manifold line from the center front top of the IM. The other outlet connects to a barb you drill and install into the coupler just in front of the throttle body. Are you running a clean side separator? If not, think about adding one. We have them here in stock. Simple install.

Elite Engineering Tech Support. Support for any PCV/crankcase evacuation questions.
Where was the Elite Engineering tech support when I posted a "question" on how to improve the function of my original one exit port E2 catch can in the LFX forum?

The OP buys a competitor product and you offer him advice, but nothing for me who purchased a genuine Elite Engineering brand E2 catch can. I don't get it.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:53 PM   #6
Elite Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Where was the Elite Engineering tech support when I posted a "question" on how to improve the function of my original one exit port E2 catch can in the LFX forum?

The OP buys a competitor product and you offer him advice, but nothing for me who purchased a genuine Elite Engineering brand E2 catch can. I don't get it.
Sorry, we must have missed that. Shoot us an email at:

sales@eliteengineeringusa.com and we'll get your question answered for you.

Thanks!