Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-28-2016, 07:04 PM   #1
vestalsin

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Inferno Orange
Ticking, bee noise after header install

So i had my doug thorley 336 short headers installed today. I have MRT V2 axel back installed along with CAI intake. Before the install had no issues car sounded good. However after install i hear a ticking almost bee sound when i accelerate. During idle no issues. Anyone have had this sound. I checked outside of car and couldnt tell if it was coming from my axel back exhuast or directly under the car. I read a few places that it could be just becuase the they are thinner than stock and can cause more noise becuase stocks are more shielded per say. I also heard it could be from a spark plug not tightend up all the way. I have no check engine lights on and the shop i had install them is a good reputable shop. Any ideas anyone. I almost feel like the axel back are not tightend up enough as they are clamped on and maybe causing a air leak. I will try to see if i can get a good video of the sound. Please let me know your thoughts. Kinda of at a loss here cause i didnt have this problem before. 2010 V6
Old 03-28-2016, 07:13 PM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Probably an exhaust somewhere would be my guess. Could be the header flanges.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:51 PM   #3
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestalsin View Post
So i had my doug thorley 336 short headers installed today. I have MRT V2 axel back installed along with CAI intake. Before the install had no issues car sounded good. However after install i hear a ticking almost bee sound when i accelerate. During idle no issues. Anyone have had this sound. I checked outside of car and couldnt tell if it was coming from my axel back exhuast or directly under the car. I read a few places that it could be just becuase the they are thinner than stock and can cause more noise becuase stocks are more shielded per say. I also heard it could be from a spark plug not tightend up all the way. I have no check engine lights on and the shop i had install them is a good reputable shop. Any ideas anyone. I almost feel like the axel back are not tightend up enough as they are clamped on and maybe causing a air leak. I will try to see if i can get a good video of the sound. Please let me know your thoughts. Kinda of at a loss here cause i didnt have this problem before. 2010 V6
You posted this in the wrong forum . You should have posted in the LLT forum . You described a header leak . I'd go back over everything you'll find it .
Old 03-28-2016, 09:04 PM   #4
vestalsin

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Inferno Orange
My bad. Im on my phone and must have hit just next to it