Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-28-2015, 12:15 PM   #1
vestalsin

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS Inferno Orange
Doug Thorley THY-338-C Install

Hey everyone, so I have a 2010 Camaro RS and have been waiting patiently to do some work to it. I just bought myself a cold air induction from CAI and am waiting for that to come in. I also picked up some Doug Thorley Shorty Headers for 130 bucks. I could use some help though with where I can get the headers installed pretty cheap. I have had several Camaros in the past which I have worked on however this being a newer one plus the fact I don't have a lot of time to work on it I would like to find someone that can. I know that on these they have to be welded on. If anyone knows a good shop that can do the whole install cheap please let me know. Or someone that has a garage and loves to work on cars lol. Please let me know. Thanks for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf THY-338 INST.pdf (245.1 KB, 106 views)
vestalsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 02:42 PM   #2
vestalsin

Yeah I looked these up and saw that they would be a perfect fit for my needs. I don't want to go completely crazy with this car, just give it a little extra edge. I cant wait to get these put on.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:17 PM   #3
vestalsin

ANYBODY??????
Old 12-29-2015, 10:48 AM   #4
vestalsin

Ok, well does any one roughly the time it would take to install these? I found a local exhaust shop that will charge me by the hour. $80 an hour to be exact.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:17 PM   #5
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Shouldn't take a shop worth their salt more than 2 hours. Use "new" OEM header gaskets.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:27 PM   #6
vestalsin

Alright cool, I appreciate the help. I would do this myself but its my only car right now and work long hours so don't really have the time.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:38 PM   #7
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
I have that header setup on my Camaro! It definitely is a better upgrade to using stock manifolds! You can reuse the OEM Gaskets, but you will have to get some welding work done to be able to use them! I currently live in California, but I won't have to worry about CARB Issues since I won't living in California by the time my car will be due for Smog Testing!

Attached Images

DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 12:24 PM   #8
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Yes the "short headers" IMHO have been disrespected too long and return a decent bang for the buck. They are frequently compared to long tube headers fitted to high flow cats, while the point of "shortys" is to maintain stock cat position and therefore, the EPA's approval.

JBA makes the same design as DT and they've received an "E.O.#" (CARB legal).

It's too bad DT hasn't pursued one as well (and I know the # has to be stamped on the part in Cali), but an argument could be made to an open minded inspector perhaps?

See #3 here http://jbaheaders.com/feature_pages/2010Camaro.asp JBA's official claim and don't overlook the installation instructions here http://news.phastekperformance.com//downloads/1816S.pdf. They wouldn't be quite the same (the DT's do need welded in place, but we've heard from plenty of JBA buyers who wished they'd just welded their's in to simplify the install).

I've seen E.O. #D-57-25 advertised as the #, but I think that's for the short V8 JBA headers. Or perhaps it works for either.

Last edited by Ventmaster; 01-01-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:50 AM   #9
vestalsin

I appreciate your guys input on this. I am hoping to get these installed this week or next. My CAI should be coming in as well this week, along with my ADM Scoop. Just need to find a water bottle relocator kit. Too bad there is not a way to just relocate the factory one.