Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-21-2018, 11:58 PM   #57
Aperretta

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Does anyone know of a dyno shop in the Chicago area? I might go get baseline numbers if it’s not too expensive. Never done this so I don’t know how much a few runs will cost. I want to see if there’s any dyno change with the exhaust. Then I’ll do it again after headers + tune.
Aperretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:49 PM   #58
Ebbsnflows

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
No discount from an unknown manufacturer to promote themselves on a huge forum.
Lame.
Unknown? LOL

I've been wrenching on and racing cars for 22 yrs, and Billy Boat was around before me. I've had his systems on my both of my Z06's and my CTS-V. There is no higher quality or better sounding exhaust for GM cars.

He doesn't advertise or offer discounts because he doesn't have to. His products sell themselves without the expense of advertising.

If you've ever been on a Corvette forum, you'll know, Corvette owners are some of the most critical, OCD, nit-pickiest MF'rs on the planet. They will bitch and complain about the smallest, most inconsequential details imaginable...and they LOVE Billy Boat Exhausts. The dude makes top quality shit. Period.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:22 AM   #59
Aperretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbsnflows View Post
Unknown? LOL

I've been wrenching on and racing cars for 22 yrs, and Billy Boat was around before me. I've had his systems on my both of my Z06's and my CTS-V. There is no higher quality or better sounding exhaust for GM cars.

He doesn't advertise or offer discounts because he doesn't have to. His products sell themselves without the expense of advertising.

If you've ever been on a Corvette forum, you'll know, Corvette owners are some of the most critical, OCD, nit-pickiest MF'rs on the planet. They will bitch and complain about the smallest, most inconsequential details imaginable...and they LOVE Billy Boat Exhausts. The dude makes top quality shit. Period.
This makes me feel good. Still waiting for it to arrive. I need to order some race ramps to get the front off the ground. I changed my diff fluid this weekend and found that we only have a couple of pinch welds for jacking the car up. If anyone wants to make recommendations on ramps, go for it.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:59 PM   #60
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:34 PM   #61
Aperretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5 View Post
Ship date was supposed to be last Friday. New ETA is early next week. ETA was 10 days but increased to like 17-18 days. I called M, T, W, and today and finally got the status update. Not a great start but they reassured me that this thing is going to look like a piece of beautiful artwork. Still optimistic

Last edited by Aperretta; 08-02-2018 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-03-2018, 01:29 PM   #62
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperretta View Post
Ship date was supposed to be last Friday. New ETA is early next week. ETA was 10 days but increased to like 17-18 days. I called M, T, W, and today and finally got the status update. Not a great start but they reassured me that this thing is going to look like a piece of beautiful artwork. Still optimistic
Did you order the forward pipes?
If so, did you have the secondary cats deleted?
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 01:42 PM   #63
Aperretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
Did you order the forward pipes?
If so, did you have the secondary cats deleted?
Forward pipes are coming with the order and will delete secondary cats.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #64
Aperretta

Quoted for 10 days to ship. Called for status the third week and had to call every day for that whole week before anyone gave me an answer. It was estimated for an additional 3 days (already 5 days behind schedule). Still not complete. Looks like it will be 20+ days before completion.

Last edited by Aperretta; 08-10-2018 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #65
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Well, that's disappointing but the quality of the system should be worth the wait! Keep us posted.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #66
Aperretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5 View Post
Well, that's disappointing but the quality of the system should be worth the wait! Keep us posted.
That's what I keep hoping. I'm just not sure when it will show up. Even if they quote me another few days, I don't feel like that estimate is reliable. Just gonna keep waiting and hope that they can finish it before EOM.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:19 PM   #67
solobaric

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
I understand everyone saying it's a quality exhaust and worth the wait, but what a terrible way to run a business. I wouldn't mind waiting, but I would want to be told up front a realistic timeline and updates of some sort if it's going to go way past estimated delivery.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:53 PM   #68
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
It seems with exhaust systems it is what it is. I've heard complaints for just about every manufacturer being slow on delivery.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:24 PM   #69
solobaric

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
It seems with exhaust systems it is what it is. I've heard complaints for just about every manufacturer being slow on delivery.
I completely agree, and I didn't mean to make it sound like a jab at BB exhaust. Just meant in general, it's a terrible way to run a business.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:56 PM   #70
Aperretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by solobaric View Post
I completely agree, and I didn't mean to make it sound like a jab at BB exhaust. Just meant in general, it's a terrible way to run a business.
I work in an industry where customers care about deadlines, and I never overpromise. It’s bad business, because customers feel like they were deceived and they become disappointed. Tell them worst case scenario, and anything faster makes them happy!

I feel a bit misled after being told 10 business days when the reality is going to be 25 business days. If it turned out to be 12 days, I’d say it was a good faith estimate that was a bit optimistic. But there’s no way 10 days was ever realistic. I may not have ordered it if I knew I would wait over a month.