Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-08-2016, 01:40 PM   #1
klswanky

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT RS
Question 2013 RS Fuel Gauge Dead

So I pull into the gas station on Saturday as my gas gauge was reading about 1/4 fuel left in the tank. I shut it off, get out and fill the tank. Went in to pay and as I am walking out I hit the auto start and get in. I turn the key and my fuel gauge is totally bottomed out on E. I freak a little and shut the car back off, wait about 30 sec then turn the car back on. Same thing the gauge is just sitting on E. So I get home and decide to hard reset and pull the NEG battery term off. I let it sit for several hours and then hook it back up. Sure enough it comes back alive and is showing a full tank again. Anyone know what the heck?

As a side note I also noticed after the battery term was pulled and things were 'reset' I took the car on a test drive to make sure no codes would come up and I noticed that the throttle response was allot more sensitive than previous (before reset). Now I am new here but have read alot on this forum and even tried the fuse 5 and 20 pull and seen no results at all. But after this RESET I noticed a tremendous night and day difference in throttle response.
Any ideas why?
klswanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:19 PM   #2
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
This has happened to me a few times. Driving along and suddenly the fuel gauge is at 0. It goes away after a few miles of driving. My guess is an electrical gremlin that sometimes happens.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:17 PM   #3
elmayimbe

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2lt RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by klswanky View Post
So I pull into the gas station on Saturday as my gas gauge was reading about 1/4 fuel left in the tank. I shut it off, get out and fill the tank. Went in to pay and as I am walking out I hit the auto start and get in. I turn the key and my fuel gauge is totally bottomed out on E. I freak a little and shut the car back off, wait about 30 sec then turn the car back on. Same thing the gauge is just sitting on E. So I get home and decide to hard reset and pull the NEG battery term off. I let it sit for several hours and then hook it back up. Sure enough it comes back alive and is showing a full tank again. Anyone know what the heck?

As a side note I also noticed after the battery term was pulled and things were 'reset' I took the car on a test drive to make sure no codes would come up and I noticed that the throttle response was allot more sensitive than previous (before reset). Now I am new here but have read alot on this forum and even tried the fuse 5 and 20 pull and seen no results at all. But after this RESET I noticed a tremendous night and day difference in throttle response.
Any ideas why?
So disconnecting the Neg cable for a couple hours helped with the throttle response?
Old 02-09-2016, 08:57 AM   #4
klswanky

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmayimbe View Post
So disconnecting the Neg cable for a couple hours helped with the throttle response?
That is what I experienced, yes. And believe me this was not some placebo effect. My son drove it as well and said it was 'more responsive' when he hit the accelerator.

Last edited by klswanky; 02-09-2016 at 10:22 AM.
klswanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:26 AM   #5
elmayimbe

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2lt RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by klswanky View Post
That is what I experienced, yes. And believe me this was not some placebo effect. My son drove it as well and said it was 'more responsive' when he hit the accelerator.
Good info. thanks

Tags
battery, gas, gauge, throttle