Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-01-2018, 10:34 AM   #43
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
Have you looked at Elite's website, see: http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/e2-x-catch-cans/

They also are very good at responding to any installation questions you have.
Yes, the one with no install guides for my car. Thanks, that was helpful. Here's a shitload of parts, figure it out. Seriously, I'm not sure how they get away with this. They seem to be fairly well-made parts, but what kind of company just sends you a bunch of parts and then hopes you "figure it out"? I'm not sure how this is excusable.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:48 AM   #44
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Yes, the one with no install guides for my car. Thanks, that was helpful. Here's a shitload of parts, figure it out. Seriously, I'm not sure how they get away with this. They seem to be fairly well-made parts, but what kind of company just sends you a bunch of parts and then hopes you "figure it out"? I'm not sure how this is excusable.
No offense... But, if you can't figure it out, maybe you shouldn't be trying to install it?
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:05 AM   #45
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
No offense... But, if you can't figure it out, maybe you shouldn't be trying to install it?
on his defense, he's somewhat right. I've installed my supercharger with relatively ease. but for whatever reason after wrapping my head around the install process. I had to call the engineering team to see how exactly this would have been routing. Common sense was telling me, ok I am taking a line out of the equation, but I'm adding another port.. where would it go?
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:29 AM   #46
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
on his defense, he's somewhat right. I've installed my supercharger with relatively ease. but for whatever reason after wrapping my head around the install process. I had to call the engineering team to see how exactly this would have been routing. Common sense was telling me, ok I am taking a line out of the equation, but I'm adding another port.. where would it go?
For the dual port, you can either add another source of vacuum, or also provide a valve cover breather, as OP shows.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:46 AM   #47
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
"Figuring it out" should not be how a company supplies a product to a consumer.

"Here's a bunch of parts, hope you can figure it out and buy the extra crap that you need to make it work!"

The C7 Designs side-skirts had some wonderful instructions. They made a deal to get leathalcamaro to do a vid on it. The rock-guards I put on also had good instructions. I've done lots of exhaust, turbo, timing belt, and other work, again, each time with pretty decent instructions.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD

Last edited by JamesNoBrakes; 07-02-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:27 PM   #48
JamesNoBrakes

First problem, sound tube hose will not come off the mounting bracket w/heat, penetrating oil, etc. Ok, I’ll cut if off if I have to if I get everything else installed.

Second problem, L-shaped bracket, the only one that seems like it’ll work, cannot be mounted using the T-50 bolt because it bottoms out way before the bracket will tighten, a spacer seems to be needed (I can see it in the picture now), but no mention of this anywhere, so I’m just left guessing what freaking parts I need. Wtf?

Will keep going.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 07-02-2018, 04:25 PM   #49
JamesNoBrakes

Connect to the air bridge.

With what? Duct tape?

How does the fitting even come off?

Do I have to order a pneumatic grinder as shown in that link?

Wtf?
Attached Images

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 07-02-2018, 04:30 PM   #50
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Connect to the air bridge.

With what? Duct tape?

How does it even come off?

Do I have to order a pneumatic grinder as shown in that link?

Wtf?
Did you try sending them an email or call them? They are pretty responsive to direct questions, but I am not sure they spend much time monitoring the forum.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:39 PM   #51
JamesNoBrakes

My phone says the elite engineering number can’t be reached from my calling area.

This is why I thought I bought “kit” so I wouldn’t have to be cobbling shit together and making runs to the hardware and auto stores.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 07-02-2018, 05:04 PM   #52
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
you should re read what i posted. l think everything you asked is in my original post. To get that clamp off use a pair of pliers. You will be breaking the factory clamp. you can twist it. you will then need a 1 1/4" hose clamp.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:12 PM   #53
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
you should re read what i posted. l think everything you asked is in my original post. To get that clamp off use a pair of pliers. You will be breaking the factory clamp. you can twist it. you will then need a 1 1/4" hose clamp.
Yeah, clamps are easy, but how will you adapt this to the hose from the catch can? Duct tape? Where is the part in the kit? Where is the list of parts?

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
Old 07-02-2018, 05:25 PM   #54
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Elite has been behind the ball on this. They should include the plugs I made. I gave them the blue prints. You can get a 1" plastic plug from the hardware store and tap it for the elbow fitting you should have gotten with the kit. I know people have gotten a hold of Elite about the plugs but dont know what the out come of it was. Elite asked me about the plugs i made and i figured they would make them.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #55
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
James you are not alone. I am an Elite fan from the 5th Gen Camaro but really felt like they had lost interest for the 6th.

Initially made a "home-made" bracket for my 6th that worked great and caught a lot of crap with my older model E-2, but when I installed GM's CAI the room for that placement went away.

After multiple attempts to contact Elite about their circular mounting bracket and looking for other install spots I broke down and got a Mishimoto system dispite my lack of experience with them(and general impression of a great deal of "smoke and mirrors" in their CAI development).

It was an easy install but too early to determine their efficiency at catching dirty oil.

Hang in there- a catch can is an important investment for a DI engine IMHO.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:17 PM   #56
JamesNoBrakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
I appreciate that you took the time to explain and post pictures. Please don't take this the wrong way, but what you posted is not what I'd expect a company to put out for instructions.

Things like the fact that it comes with two brackets, you have no idea which one to use, where they go, then you try to remove the sound tube (which itself is a bit hard to identify, it's not like it says "sound tube" on it) and you can't just install the bracket, you need to come up with a spacer of some kind. So head off to the hardware store to find something that will work and some locking washers. This is also directly mounted to the engine, which definitely vibrates, so it's something I want to be very secure, if it loosens up it's going to tear up all kinds of stuff in there.

As I said before, the sound-tube would not come off the mounting bracket no matter what I did. That plastic was "hardened" and no amount of heat helped. The plastic below the mount softened up and I feared if I kept pulling, it'd simply break. Simply had to cut it off.

Then where you talked about putting a plug in there, well, the only plug that might have fit was the largest one, but I used that to cap the middle of the stock catch can, but then there's nothing in the kit to plug the sound-tube. You simply can't do both of these things with the kit. I think that plug would probably have been too small based on what I did get in there. A 15/16ths plug fits perfect.
Attached Images

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD