Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-22-2018, 07:20 PM   #15
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
Are you sure about that $59K price? Typically, with BMW, the steering wheel is an option and things get more pricey from there.
I priced the M2 locally last February and they were $58 to $61k depending on options. Mainly transmission and carbon fiber add ons. My local dealers weren’t doing ADM but that appeared to be common in other areas. They weren’t dealing off msrp at all.

It was educational for me last February. I looked at all the sport and luxury options for coupes and sedans with a budget of around $50k. People scoff at a loaded 2SS reaching ~$50k. It’s a deal compared to the other options. The M2 is damn tempting however.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:24 PM   #16
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
The M2 is pretty damn ugly from the B-pillar back. The proportions just do not look right at all, looks like they blended a sports coupe with an econobox egg mobile. The M4 is much more aesthetically pleasing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2018, 06:41 PM   #17
wjones14

Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK001 View Post
BMW M is a luxury car that can also go fast. No camaro and corvette can compare to the M's build quality(let's see what the mid engine vettes look like). On the other hand, most M cars can't perform on the track lap after lap right out of the box like the 1LE variants. Even with 405 whp in M2, it is not just about power when tracking, it's the whole package

My last car was the M2's baby brother, the M235i. Owned it for 3 years. I did 3 track days with the car, the last one at Lime Rock where I ran 70 laps over 4 sessions. The car (or me) actually put down faster lap times at the end of the session, and I never noticed any brake fade, heat soak, or any wearing down at all to be honest. I was doing laps in the 1:07 range, so not setting the world on fire, but certainly respectable in the Intermediate run group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
I drove an M2 and was not particularly impressed with the interior. It was fine just didn't feel any better than a 10k cheaper Camaro. The M6 was much nicer inside, but that's a heavy GT car.

I traded my M235i for a 2SS 1LE. I am beyond pleased with the Camaro. It's exactly what I wanted in the first place. I love the car to pieces. But, the quality is not the same as the BMW, inside or out. The Recaro seats and the interior leather are fine in the Camaro. But it's little details that don't match up to the BMW; loose threads on carpet seams, inconsistent gaps between body panels, nice aluminum interior trim pieces mixed with cheap stainless pieces, way more hard plastics, and don't even get me started on the trunk. The BMW had its shortcomings, hence my switch to the Camaro, but interior or exterior quality was not the problem.
Previous: 2018 Summit White 2SS 1LE; 2015 MINI Cooper F56 6MT; 2015 BMW M235i 6MT; 2003 MINI 5MT; 2005 Mustang GT 5MT
wjones14 is offline   Reply With Quote