Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #15
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
it is very expensive to make things here. thanks to government`policies and taxes.
it is very expensive to make things here. thanks to government`policies, unions and taxes.

fixed it.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #16
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
There is a big difference between where a car is built and where the company that built the car is located.

Follow the money (profit).

GM and Ford are the last two American car companies (again................thanks Fiat) and both of them are global companies. Expect products to come from Canada, Mexico and in some cases Europe and Korea. But the money is controlled from here.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #17
Brett64D

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
it is very expensive to make things here. thanks to government`policies, unions and taxes.
+1,000,000

$70+ an hour per employee to build here? No wonder they are looking elsewhere (well except for bailout money, that they get from YOU and ME)

Old 06-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #18
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimorejohn1 View Post
Don't get me wrong I love my camaro but I'm disappointed that the car company that the USA bailed out is building cars in Canada and NOT the USA....

Then I heard they had an opportunity to build them in Oklahoma and help grow the jobs here....

I just hope in the near future that something is done where the USA is given some of those jobs....
The next Malibu and part of the 2013 impala production will be in the good ole USA...
http://www.canada.com/business/fp/ne...731/story.html
Old 06-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #19
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post

fixed it.
100% right, but thought if i said it would cause problems.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #20
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
As already stated, it's a sign of today's economic times.

I traveled to Oshawa for the Homecoming 6/10-6/12 and talked to many of the actual people who asseble our awesome Camaros. Each and every one of the personally thanked me for buying my new Camaro. The plant was amazing. Very automated, robotics everywhere - and very clean. Sad there wasn't a place in the USA suitable for the plant but proud of the men and women in Canada as well.

My hat is off to my brothers and sisters of Canada!! Lori
Old 06-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #21
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Don't get me wrong I love my camaro but I'm disappointed that the car company that the USA bailed out is building cars in Canada and NOT the USA....

Then I heard they had an opportunity to build them in Oklahoma and help grow the jobs here....

I just hope in the near future that something is done where the USA is given some of those jobs....
Why are we still on this topic !! We ( Canada ) helped with the bailout !!! Please do some research Why is it some members here cannot accept the fact their Camaro is built in Canada ! I just don't get it ... My 2011 Crewcab is built in Mexico , my 2010 Malibu is built in the USA , so should i return it and tell my dealer i don't want it because its American !! Its a great car , my wife loves it and it was built by hard working American workers . I have NO PROBLEM WITH THIS !

Why can't you ??? Ok rant over

Note to self >> Skip these type of threads in future.

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
Old 06-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #22
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

For every dollar an American contributed to bailing out GM, someone from the province of Ontario contributed about 4. I don't know of any individual states that were willing to spend billions to save GM, not even Michigan. So don't bother using the bailout argument to advocate that cars should be built in America instead of here.

Plus, its been nearly 20 years since GM built Camaros in the US. And any talk of them getting built in Oklahoma is probably just wishful thinking & rumour. Details are sketchy, but its said that at the end of the 4th gen back in 2002, GM made an agreement with the CAW that if the Camaro came back that they would build it in Canada.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 06-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #23
coolman

In a perfect world we would have most of the things we buy built here ,but policy has just about taken the american worker out of the manufacturing sector. Thank all of our policy makers and the fact that greed and personal gain is the new hear beat of america. People used to take pride in their country. It's a shame that this doesn't exist much any more. Why care that your camaro is built in Canada when the cloths you wear, the electronics you own, and the toys our kids play with are all built overseas.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #24
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
The next Malibu and part of the 2013 impala production will be in the good ole USA...
http://www.canada.com/business/fp/ne...731/story.html
Glad someone gets it that some of the business could be done here.... no one said all the business but some of the business....

As a child that grew up and the GM family and my mom gets retirement from GM I have no problem standing my ground.....

Funny when people know something is wrong with what they did or believe.... the first thing they do is get very defensive.....

I'm just saying we need jobs in the USA too so a little share the pie would be nice.....
Old 06-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #25
super60

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacFan View Post
As already stated, it's a sign of today's economic times.

I traveled to Oshawa for the Homecoming 6/10-6/12 and talked to many of the actual people who asseble our awesome Camaros. Each and every one of the personally thanked me for buying my new Camaro. The plant was amazing. Very automated, robotics everywhere - and very clean. Sad there wasn't a place in the USA suitable for the plant but proud of the men and women in Canada as well.

My hat is off to my brothers and sisters of Canada!! Lori
Lori

It was a pleasure to meet you , i wish we had more time to chat Thanks for making the trip up here to Oshawa . Best Regards

Mike
Super60

Old 06-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #26
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
Why are we still on this topic !! We ( Canada ) helped with the bailout !!! Please do some research Why is it some members here cannot accept the fact their Camaro is built in Canada ! I just don't get it ... My 2011 Crewcab is built in Mexico , my 2010 Malibu is built in the USA , so should i return it and tell my dealer i don't want it because its American !! Its a great car , my wife loves it and it was built by hard working American workers . I have NO PROBLEM WITH THIS !

Why can't you ??? Ok rant over

Note to self >> Skip these type of threads in future.

Mike Judge
Super60
Mike, I appreciate all you hard working people there. I have never had a car before that i purchased in it's first year of production that has absolutely no problems in the first 18 months and 20,000 miles of use. Keep up the great work!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #27
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
In a perfect world we would have most of the things we buy built here ,but policy has just about taken the american worker out of the manufacturing sector. Thank all of our policy makers and the fact that greed and personal gain is the new hear beat of america. People used to take pride in their country. It's a shame that this doesn't exist much any more. Why care that your camaro is built in Canada when the cloths you wear, the electronics you own, and the toys our kids play with are all built overseas.
I call BS on that because the top two producers of american built cars are Toyota and Honda..... they are under the same policies so that isn't the problem.....

Link: http://www.dailymarkets.com/economy/...a-and-honda-2/

Now I was just sharing something I didn't realize and speaking on it....

GM...... I grew up and went to school on the money but in these trying times some of the business could be shared in the USA....

I have no problem sharing but I just think this country should get a slice.... I'm just saying
Old 06-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #28
super60

Quote:
Glad someone gets it that some of the business could be done here.... no one said all the business but some of the business....

As a child that grew up and the GM family and my mom gets retirement from GM I have no problem standing my ground.....

Funny when people know something is wrong with what they did or believe.... the first thing they do is get very defensive.....

I'm just saying we need jobs in the USA too so a little share the pie would be nice.....
I have no problem sharing the pie , we all need good paying jobs to provide for our families . I have the highest respect for my American Friends, and for what its worth my family has been working for GM since 1918

Mike
Super60

Closed Thread