Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-15-2017, 02:28 PM   #1
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Rear Wheel bearing help!

Guys,

I went to change out my winter tires for summers today (thanks for all the info on jacking btw) And noticed that the rear wheel wouldnt flush up against the face of the rotor. Pulled it back off an there was ~6 inch piece of metal looped around it that looked like it should have been in the the rotor. Pulled it out figuring "well, I dont have to drive this weekend, Ill just take it down to the service dept first thing on monday" and tried putting the wheel back on. Still about a 3/8" gap between rotor face and wheel. I tried tightening the lugs down, but they hit 140 lb-foot before the wheel flushes up.

Ill upload pictures in a few, any insight would be appreciated. I really dont want to drive with the wheels not on perfect.

Oh, and there were salt deposits on the rotor where it should have been flush, so Im worried its been like this for a while.
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 02:35 PM   #2
Waiting46

pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/yfVVv

Old 04-15-2017, 03:35 PM   #3
one R

Drives: 2017 1ss
will you post up a pic of the wheel/ rotor area without the rim on it

and you are correct to NOT drive the car without the wheel going flush against the rotor surface . but i wounder what may have been done it the last set was not on right
one R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:44 PM   #4
Waiting46

Turns out Im just an idiot. My winter wheels had small spacers (~3/8" and a piece of 1/16th inch wire) When I went to pull them, the spacer on that side didnt come out, but the wire did.
Mods, feel free to delete
Old 04-16-2017, 11:40 AM   #5
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
So lucky dude! That would have sucked because you'd probably have to tow it to the dealer, I'm glad nothing was wrong with the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
Turns out Im just an idiot. My winter wheels had small spacers (~3/8" and a piece of 1/16th inch wire) When I went to pull them, the spacer on that side didnt come out, but the wire did.
Mods, feel free to delete
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote