Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-04-2019, 02:23 PM   #1
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Chevrolet Protection Plan?

Does anyone have any experience with purchasing an extended warranty on their car? I am looking at Chevy's website now and curious as to if it's worth purchasing.

I bought my car used, 2017 with 5k miles on it. The Bumper to Bumper expires July of 2020. I am considering purchasing an additional 36 / 36k for $2000 plus taxes but wanted to get some feedback from others on having an extended warranty or purchasing an extended warranty.
Mov Ov3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 02:33 PM   #2
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
At least it is real. It isn't a scam. Extended warranties are a bit of a gamble. You may never use it. However, it could save you big bucks, too.

Is your ride stock? Do you adhere to maintenance schedules? These are some of the basic points to start with.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 02:40 PM   #3
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
At least it is real. It isn't a scam. Extended warranties are a bit of a gamble. You may never use it. However, it could save you big bucks, too.

Is your ride stock? Do you adhere to maintenance schedules? These are some of the basic points to start with.
The car is bone stock currently, I haven't taken it to the dealer yet (10.5k), however plan on taking it in to have it serviced for Rear diff fluid and potentially a trans flush or synchros to be replaced because 2nd gear takes force or 4-5 seconds to slide in (which I know is common on these cars).

I also planned to have them fix the headliner starting to separate near the windshield. I just recently got a service rear axle warning, I know the battery voltage can play into that, as well as a few other things but this is where I'm at right now.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:50 PM   #4
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
From my experience if you have no mechanical problems with the car (assuming all stock and no enhancements made) for the first 30k miles, you likely wont have any issues throughout the rest of its life. Note that most extended warranties do NOT cover what the bumper to bumper coverage covers. They only cover the mechanical side of things unless you buy additional packages which add up fast.

If you plan to mod, not worth it. It's nice added insurance as long as you're not paying 'too much' for it though.
Need4Camaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:29 AM   #5
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I purchased the Chevy PP premium version and it was worth it especially since it covers the MR shocks and covers the touch screen head unit which had to be replaced because the bluetooth stopped working with our phones, which alone was a $1200 charge. That one charge more than paid for cost of the PP.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:17 AM   #6
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
From my experience if you have no mechanical problems with the car (assuming all stock and no enhancements made) for the first 30k miles, you likely wont have any issues throughout the rest of its life. Note that most extended warranties do NOT cover what the bumper to bumper coverage covers. They only cover the mechanical side of things unless you buy additional packages which add up fast.

If you plan to mod, not worth it. It's nice added insurance as long as you're not paying 'too much' for it though.
I don't plan to do anything major to it, potentially a corsa catback once the warranty goes, with the secondary cat delete. Otherwise I don't plan on doing anything to the motor. I have thought about doing the Chevy CAI but have heard most of the dealers don't load the correct tune, with a CAI and exhaust I feel like I would want a reputable shop to tune it for me anyways. I just don't want to run across any issues because I won't hit the 30k before the 3 year date comes.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:55 AM   #7
john94si

Drives: 17 2ss vert
Where did you get the warranty prices? Mine expires in 2 weeks and we will be keeping our car long term.
john94si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:32 PM   #8
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by john94si View Post
Where did you get the warranty prices? Mine expires in 2 weeks and we will be keeping our car long term.

Check with Becky. I think she can get you in touch with someone who can help.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:15 PM   #9
Torquem
Bannable

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Check with Becky. I think she can get you in touch with someone who can help.
Becky has not returned a single email or voicemail I have left her. Not sure what the issue is. That was month or two ago.

2017 ZL1 A10 - Hyper Blue Metallic
Rotofab CAI, TM ported TB, AWE non res touring catback with PLP's
Torquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:41 PM   #10
Torquem
Bannable

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Well scratch previous comment. I dropped her a PM and she instantly responded. lol

2017 ZL1 A10 - Hyper Blue Metallic
Rotofab CAI, TM ported TB, AWE non res touring catback with PLP's
Torquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:57 PM   #11
Fun

Drives: 2020 V6 Auto 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mov Ov3r View Post
Does anyone have any experience with purchasing an extended warranty on their car? I am looking at Chevy's website now and curious as to if it's worth purchasing.

I bought my car used, 2017 with 5k miles on it. The Bumper to Bumper expires July of 2020. I am considering purchasing an additional 36 / 36k for $2000 plus taxes but wanted to get some feedback from others on having an extended warranty or purchasing an extended warranty.
I’d be interested in knowing if anyone beats this GM Dealers pricing. It’s a Cadillac GMC Dealer that’s been lowest for me for a long time,
Attached Images

Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:00 PM   #12
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquem View Post
Well scratch previous comment. I dropped her a PM and she instantly responded. lol
well at least we know you didnt break her heart...
redcoats1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 10:35 AM   #13
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
Might be worth checking with with your auto insurance provider as well.

I'm a Mercury insurance agent so I purchased myself a mechanical protection plan through them. 84 months/100k for their best plan including special electronics package with a $0 deductible.

Not to be mistaken for a bumper to bumper warranty.

Last edited by SixgenSix; 11-21-2019 at 11:09 AM.
SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:04 AM   #14
Mov Ov3r
What speed limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john94si View Post
I just went on to the Chevy website entered zip code and it spit out those prices for me. I'm sure Becky is probably able to beat them.