Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-19-2019, 05:40 AM   #1
FoundNemo

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Anyone have the SW Axle Back only on a 17+ ZL1?

Curious to see if anyone has some cold start/rev videos or drivebys with the Stainless Works axle-back on a 17+ ZL1. Considering this for a different tone.
FoundNemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:00 AM   #2
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
I have kooks axle back and it's great but drones some. The best sounding exhaust I've heard. I just ordered an AWE catback though because my son is now able to ride in the car so I have to tone it down unfortunately. I've not heard the SW system. I'm sure it's good too. What part of Georgia are you in?
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:19 AM   #3
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
ARH full system is a good option too. No exhaust is going to significantly change an engine’s exhaust sound, beyond the volume and to some degree the tone. But the ARH system gives the LT4 a bit more of a deeper muscle car tone, has a nice low rumble at idle and roars when you give it the gas. It does have some drone at part throttle, but drone never bothers me, it reminds me I am driving a car with some balls! Just thought I’d throw out another option.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:52 AM   #4
ssmofo

Drives: Chevy Camaro
DO yourself a favor and get the Borla.
ssmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 10:59 AM   #5
69pro-touring

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6MT
SW Axle-back

OP I've been looking for this for a while. There's a ton of options in the aftermarket exhaust world for the ZL1 but the stainless works doesn't seem to be the popular route. To me the SW axle back is much more cost effective than other cat-back systems AND allows ability to retain OEM AFM valve function, not to mention I like their sound on other corvettes/camaros I've heard in person. I'd love to hear what just the SW axle back would sound like on an otherwise stock ZL1, but up to this point I haven't been able to find anything.
69pro-touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:23 PM   #6
keystonemedical

Drives: 2019 ZL1 / LE , 2014 CTS V
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoundNemo View Post
Curious to see if anyone has some cold start/rev videos or drivebys with the Stainless Works axle-back on a 17+ ZL1. Considering this for a different tone.

Im definately going with a axleback on my 2019 ZL1 /LE. Id rather not gamble with my warranty with a catback as of yet. Ive read that as long as you go catback and have a drivetrain claim GM will still cover the claim. I dont trust GM and I certainly dont trust my local Chevy dealers. So, Id rather gamble on the axleback for now. Alot of the catbacks I see require removing the secondary cat so, that concerns me with the warranty also. Anyway, I was considering S Works for my axleback but like the OP, havent been able to locate any sound clips as of yet. The second on the list would be AWE, but Im losing the NPP feature going that way. I had a Borla ATTAK complete system on my 2012SS back in the day. Great sound and quality. I would go that way again however the Borla axleback is 2.75 in pipe. There catback is 3in. So, if down the road, I wanted to go the rest of the way, the axleback wouldnt work with the 3in. So, I would be buying a complete system and trying to re sell the axleback. It didnt make sense. Not too mention it took nearly a week for customer service at Borla to confirm that info. So, yeah, anyone with a clip of a S Works axleback on a 6th. Gen ZL1 post it to help us out.
keystonemedical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:32 PM   #7
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
i have a stainless works catback, i can send ya video if ya want. i think i have one video in a thread here and it's not that great. need to stick my gopro on the back and get some better clips.

it does drone.

but it also sounds great IMO.
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:52 PM   #8
FoundNemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
i have a stainless works catback, i can send ya video if ya want. i think i have one video in a thread here and it's not that great. need to stick my gopro on the back and get some better clips.

it does drone.

but it also sounds great IMO.
Very much appreciate the offer. If it retains the stock 2nd cats that would be cool to hear. If it deletes them I would pass sir as I really wanna hear the axleback if possible on otherwise stock to see the tone/etc. Still a nice offer from you tho!
Old 11-20-2019, 09:45 PM   #9
jvandy50

Quote:
Very much appreciate the offer. If it retains the stock 2nd cats that would be cool to hear. If it deletes them I would pass sir as I really wanna hear the axleback if possible on otherwise stock to see the tone/etc. Still a nice offer from you tho!
Yeah those secondary cats are gone. If you change your mind just message me and I’ll get ya some clips
Old 11-20-2019, 11:44 PM   #10
Evolvedx27

Drives: 2017 ZL1
I have full SW system and I absolutely love the sound.
Evolvedx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:09 AM   #11
FoundNemo

Quote:
Yeah those secondary cats are gone. If you change your mind just message me and I’ll get ya some clips
Doesnt hurt to hear, do you mind posting some clips up with revs and cold start?
Old 11-21-2019, 08:02 PM   #12
jvandy50

Quote:
Doesnt hurt to hear, do you mind posting some clips up with revs and cold start?

Old 11-22-2019, 07:46 AM   #13
FoundNemo

Quote:

Sounds fabulous! Nice work!