Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-13-2018, 01:55 PM   #1
Kratz74

Drives: None yet
2019 Camaro 2ss rental

Got into a fender bender and they offered me a 2019 SS 10 speed auto. Just WOW! This car is pretty amazing. For those on the fence about the 10 speed - its a blast in manual or auto modes. I've already put 650 miles on it and will easily have 1k miles on it before I return it. Feel free to ask any questions.

I was already eyeing Camaros and Mustangs (Both are amazing cars) when I caused a fender bender (landed from Japan and went to work - shoulda just gone home to sleep). After having the Camaro, I'm leaning that way. So need to see how bad insurance will ding me before doing any more car shopping. Only gripes are the blind spot (which I am getting used to) and the info screen seems to be pointed a bit downwards... But I am 6'5".

Of course with a light foot this thing actually can get good mileage. But I seem to be averaging around 17 mixed with a VERY heavy foot.
Kratz74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:04 PM   #2
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Saw my first one in person this week. No offense intended 2019 owners but I don’t care for the look of the front though I do like the look of the hood. Anyone know if a 2019 hood will fit on a 2018?
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:12 PM   #3
Kratz74

Fair enough. However, I’ve received many compliments on the car’s looks and a lot of questions regarding the enhancements. This is from folks who o didn’t know what a Camaro even was.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:20 PM   #4
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratz74 View Post
Got into a fender bender and they offered me a 2019 SS 10 speed auto. Just WOW! This car is pretty amazing. For those on the fence about the 10 speed - its a blast in manual or auto modes. I've already put 650 miles on it and will easily have 1k miles on it before I return it. Feel free to ask any questions.

I was already eyeing Camaros and Mustangs (Both are amazing cars) when I caused a fender bender (landed from Japan and went to work - shoulda just gone home to sleep). After having the Camaro, I'm leaning that way. So need to see how bad insurance will ding me before doing any more car shopping. Only gripes are the blind spot (which I am getting used to) and the info screen seems to be pointed a bit downwards... But I am 6'5".

Of course with a light foot this thing actually can get good mileage. But I seem to be averaging around 17 mixed with a VERY heavy foot.
Welcome to the forum!

Were you able to find the seat height adjuster ok? I keep mine all the way down, and I tilt the seatback slightly and find that I have plenty of room.

For the side/back visibility, I find that if I do the thing of adjusting the side mirrors with my head on the side window for the L and over the center console for the R, I get a good view.

https://glassdoctor.com/blog/adjust-...ity-and-safety
Old 12-13-2018, 03:22 PM   #5
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
No offense intended 2019 owners but I don’t care for the look of the front
I’m offended.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:27 PM   #6
Kratz74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Were you able to find the seat height adjuster ok? I keep mine all the way down, and I tilt the seatback slightly and find that I have plenty of room.

For the side/back visibility, I find that if I do the thing of adjusting the side mirrors with my head on the side window for the L and over the center console for the R, I get a good view.

https://glassdoctor.com/blog/adjust-...ity-and-safety
Yep. Playing around with the seat. I'm pleasantly surprised by the roominess (as compared to my Dads Grand Sport).
Old 12-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #7
DeadSpider

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Saw my first one in person this week. No offense intended 2019 owners but I don’t care for the look of the front though I do like the look of the hood. Anyone know if a 2019 hood will fit on a 2018?
I like the front but I don't really care for the vette style heat extractor on the hood. I may try to have the nostril style extractors put in my hood or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratz74 View Post
Fair enough. However, I’ve received many compliments on the car’s looks and a lot of questions regarding the enhancements. This is from folks who o didn’t know what a Camaro even was.
I have yet to receive any negative comments regarding the redesign on mine at all in the wild. So far all interactions have been positive. Only gruff I come across is online.
DeadSpider is offline   Reply With Quote