Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-05-2017, 07:38 PM   #43
Theloots

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
I rented the Mustang 4cyl. It had some "pull" but sitting in it and looking down the hood does not compare to the Camaro. It is a nice car looking at it from the outside. Good luck with your new ride as you are free to buy anything you want. See ya in a year though...... ; ).

Just bought a 2012 2SS ad I'm in love again. Used to have a 1973 : )
Theloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:48 PM   #44
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
Wait till he has to deal with that turbo lag... MotorTrend's review. Real world, may pick up 5mpg improvement?

Below 3,000 rpm, there’s little power available due to a prodigious amount of turbo lag, but once it gets going, there’s plenty to work with. Rev the car above 5,000 rpm, though, and all you’re making is noise because it loses steam. Switch the drive mode selector over to Sport, and you get slightly improved responses from the engine and throttle, but the turbo lag is still there. Keep the car in its sweet spot between 2,500 to 4,500 rpm, and you’ll be able to get the most out of it.

it was a easy fix with a cobb tuner
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:14 PM   #45
PeteD

Drives: 2012 2SS Victory Red with white st
LOL.....Your loss someone's else's gain
Old 09-05-2017, 09:31 PM   #46
TooManyProjects

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister_Camaro View Post
Being a car detailer making about 2k a month and having a 40 mile drive everyday on an SS was pretty difficult, after all my bills were paid I had at most about 150-200 left over

Sounds to me like a new car shouldn't have been what you were looking for...
TooManyProjects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:41 PM   #47
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
[QUOTE=Sinister_Camaro;9895029] Being a car detailer making about 2k a month and having a 40 mile drive everyday on an SS was pretty difficult, after all my bills were paid I had at most about 150-200 left over and I wasn't liking that, I couldn't go out to eat or see a movie, my car took everything. I don't regret buying it I loved every second of having it but I didn't have any hobbies and I never had money to go anywhere is all. QUOTE]

I feel for brother. Honestly though, at that level of income, I understand why you don't want an SS Camaro. Wait until you can afford something nice. Either save up by driving a small, inexpensive car, or start looking at ways to increase your income, i.e. new job, back to school, etc. There are other things WAY more important than having a nice car such as a buying a house, clothes, etc. You must be struggling a lot earning $24,000 a year, unless you live home and mom and dad pay for everything, in which case it's time to grow up and move on. The car will come later, then when you can afford it, you can get the car you really want.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #48
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
they do look nice in black
Old 09-06-2017, 01:29 PM   #49
snafu

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
nice car! good Luck....don't listen to the whispers in your head when the mustang starts telling you to do burnouts while a crowd is watching!
snafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:21 PM   #50
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
lol, love the tombstone meme

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:22 PM   #51
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
I just wanted to say so long tyo everyone and I appreciate all the helpful advice that people have given over the last few years. I'll probably receive a lot of hate for this but I traded my 14 SS in a few weeks back on a 16 mustang ecoboost premium

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:44 PM   #52
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
I just wanted to say so long tyo everyone and I appreciate all the helpful advice that people have given over the last few years. I'll probably receive a lot of hate for this but I traded my 14 SS in a few weeks back on a 16 mustang ecoboost premium with the performance pack. Yes it's a 4 cyl but my camaro especially being my daily was taking all of my money! The camaro was worse than the Mrs. To be honest!! I loved my camaro but it was time to let someone else enjoy her. Once again thank you all! This has been an extremely helpful and entertaining site!
Those are really nice cars, my 80 yr old mother drives one.
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:10 PM   #53
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
There are some die-hards on this forum, but that's awesome. Congrats on your new ride, I get the mileage issue, almost like a tax..Plus without Mustangs and Mopars, we would have to just race each other.

that 's a good looking pic of that mustang, btw, what do they look like from the back? I have never seen a mustang from the back..
StreetRage320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:39 PM   #54
Sinister_Camaro

Drives: 2014 Crystal Red 2SS
Being 21 and out on my own and having two 5th gens is a lot more than I would've ever hoped for growing up so regardless of the negativity, I feel like I'm doing alright at 21 and hell, the SS was my 5th car.
Sinister_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:20 PM   #55
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Being 21 and out on my own and having two 5th gens is a lot more than I would've ever hoped for growing up so regardless of the negativity, I feel like I'm doing alright at 21 and hell, the SS was my 5th car.
That's a hell of a accomplishment man I would say you're doing just fine!!
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:03 AM   #56
kingz
Banned

Drives: The best!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkevind View Post
Congrats on the new car. IMO the new Mustang looks better than the new Camaro.

MPG's whatever...

My 1LE gets 17.9 driving like a fool. But, I'm not commuting long distances everyday. Usually drive the truck anyway, which gets 16.

Historically I have owned and preferred turbo 4cyl cars, which can be a lot of fun. Especially when you crank up the boost, and replace the downpipe with a high flow single cat. It gets into silly $$ when you go BT (big turbo), FMIC, fuel, meth, blah blah. The most fun I've had is with basic power upgrades. The chassis/brakes/suspension generally stay in the fun zone at that level.

That said I'd probably not buy a "muscle" car with a turbo 4, mostly because of the missing sound signature, but I'm not a stickler for tradition either.
Agree !
kingz is offline   Reply With Quote