Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-03-2019, 06:58 AM   #1
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Question Anyone need stock LT1 pistons and rods?

I just took the stock LT1 pistons and rods out my 2017 Camaro SS 1LE with 9000 miles on it. No longer need them as I’m going forget and boosted. I can send pics later after I take some better ones, I have not cleaned them or anything but I can show a picture of how they look both in and outside the motor.

I will ship but price will change if I’m paying shipping or if you are, I’m entertaining offers.

I’m local to San Antonio, TX.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:51 AM   #2
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
5.3 truck motor has same stroke but different bore. Might be able to sell rods on truck forums?
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:53 AM   #3
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
5.3 truck motor has same stroke but different bore. Might be able to sell rods on truck forums?
hmm, didn't know that, i have a 5.3 truck with 71k miles.... swap with my pistons and rods and cam it

thanks for the info, i will try and give that a shot as well.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
Old 12-03-2019, 03:15 PM   #4
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Seems like you can't give away stock LT1 pistons/rods, HPFP, injectors, cam or low side pump. It makes me kind of sad seeing mine sitting on the shelf, good as new with nowhere to go . Can't bring myself to toss them though. I guess I will let them go with the car if I ever sell it.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:55 PM   #5
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
Seems like you can't give away stock LT1 pistons/rods, HPFP, injectors, cam or low side pump. It makes me kind of sad seeing mine sitting on the shelf, good as new with nowhere to go . Can't bring myself to toss them though. I guess I will let them go with the car if I ever sell it.
Lol right, I won’t sell my car ever after how much I’ve put into it but they might just rot away, I forgot I have a stock cam as well

Old 12-03-2019, 06:56 PM   #6
teddyca

Drives: Blown C7 and 6th gen
I have seen some pretty cool stuff made out of stock parts. If you were local I would take them and have my kid make a end table or some chit with them lol. If the work in the LS well damn shelf them up. It is a very generous offer either way. You cant get people to do stuff like this ever. I just parted my first FIFTY and I swear every person that bought a part ended up with something else for free. LOL

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. TOTALED 6/2019
K&N Intake, MRBP axleback, Eibach kit, 20" Z28 wheels, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system

17 Camaro 2SS 50th edition. Round 2- 8/2019 550/600 RWHP, Magnuson TVS2300, Rotofab Intake, Corsa Xtreme, Air Lift P3 System, 20" Stance SF-07, smoked lights all the way around, Rockford Fosgate system.
teddyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:35 AM   #7
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
I sold my stock injectors for 150.00. You gotta hit up the truck forums...they are a upgrade for the 5.3 stuff.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:13 AM   #8
Z0Tex
@texan.1le

Drives: '18 Camaro 1SS 1LE, PDR
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP3BOOSTED View Post
Lol right, I won’t sell my car ever after how much I’ve put into it but they might just rot away, I forgot I have a stock cam as well
If either of yall would be willing to give away or sell 1 complete rod/piston/rings/bolts assembly, I'd be willing to take one off your hands. Been wanting to get a complete LT1 rod & piston assembly for display on my desk.

I completely understand wanting to keep the set together though, especially if they are good. Sets of 6-7 on ebay from blown engines dont' come up for sale very often, and when they do, the seller refuses to sell just one.