Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 08-07-2019, 09:40 AM   #1
Broadway

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Unhappy Exhaust bracket broken, causing rattle

Took my car in May to get the Torque Convertor shudder and an exhaust rattle taken care of. They replaced fluid in the TC and no issues since, however they found a bracket that supports the exhaust broken, and ordered a new one, this is in May and still haven't gotten one in. The rattle started off as a mild annoyance, now it's almost unbearable, and I don't even want to drive the car anymore. I have aggravated the dealer and called Chevy Customer Support and basically got no help.

Is there someone else I can call and cry to in hopes of getting this taken care of, or will I just have to go and take this somewhere else and get it fixed, which I feel like defeats the whole purpose of buying a new vehicle for the warranty in the first place, because I would honestly lemon law this thing if it were even possible at this point
Broadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:14 AM   #2
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
At this point I'd take it to the muffler shop and I assume it's just a little welding work to fix it up. Ask the dealer to authorize it since they can't get the parts or whatever.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:10 AM   #3
Broadway

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Thanks. I did recommend taking it somewhere else to get a bracket custom made to the customer service representative, but they didn't want to. This was back in June, I will give them a call again and see if they are willing to cover it now that they haven't done anything else yet
Broadway is offline   Reply With Quote