Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 07-11-2019, 09:11 PM   #15
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
And I haven't even done my first oil change yet, lol.

Also another note, I havent really spent any time on it, but I have a suspicion that the racechip breaks up around 6k, which "could" be robbing a tenth or 2. Turbos esp small ones that are trained to deliver low end torque like ours, do drop off before there, but its something to consider. I have to get out there and do some comps to confirm though. But at the dyno it was pretty apparent we noticed it shortend the redline cutout to 6k. could be by design or flaw, cant say for sure.
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:54 PM   #16
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Drives: Blue 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfk View Post
Agreed with everything you’ve said about warranty wookwook.

But this thread has me super confused.

Stock our A8 is supposed to do 5.5 according to the brochure.
How are you doing 5.6 with so many mods?
Or Giri - how are you at 6.7?
I have no idea why it's so bad. I've gotten 6.2 on a really good day a few years ago, but never have been able to do better or even as good since then.

I do have the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus tires now but they're expensive tires - they couldn't possibly be robbing me of 1.5 seconds?
Old 07-12-2019, 07:31 PM   #17
wookwook

but didnt you have some issues you were trying to figure out with the engine ? maybe some unresolved issue in there?
Old 07-13-2019, 01:37 PM   #18
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookwook View Post
but didnt you have some issues you were trying to figure out with the engine ? maybe some unresolved issue in there?
I have a shake on idle and the A8 shudder but I can’t imagine either of those affect 0-60
Old 07-13-2019, 02:55 PM   #19
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Shake depending on how bad is actually normal on idle. The shudder is just a PITA I'm glad i fixed that before it ever became an issue. It is unlikely that is causing an issue with your 0 to 60 unless it's really bad.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:26 PM   #20
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Shake depending on how bad is actually normal on idle. The shudder is just a PITA I'm glad i fixed that before it ever became an issue. It is unlikely that is causing an issue with your 0 to 60 unless it's really bad.
Shake is barely noticeable but is annoying if I'm sitting in my car for hours flying my drone with the AC on. Enough to vibrate the water in a bottle in my cupholder.

That being said I'm actually upset about my 0-60 time. I even took it in to the dealer before my warranty expired and they didn't care. I've NEVER seen a time under 6 seconds and under 6.5 only once.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:09 PM   #21
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Not that it's much help but a few of us I4 guys will be at camarofest next year. There are a few people around florida who might be able to help as well if you ask them the community as a whole seems to actually like helping each other.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:14 PM   #22
wookwook

ok so on a back road, it's 5.3 on the dash o meter for a single test.. no NLS. Um, I lost track which threads are doing race chip, but i thought I would add something I discovered. On my RS race chip, I Can absolutely go to 7k. I totally stopped trying to go past 5k, because when I tested the GTS Version of the chip that I had problems with, I know it shut down red line at 6k, and I never really decided to even test redline on the RS! , go figure. So with that I have been leaving potential power on the table for that last few months in all my doodling around. This is where Mr. Jacfab will see some attention now.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:07 PM   #23
mfk

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0T LT
5.3 is pretty decent.
I think stock we are rated at 5.5?

What octane fuel do you use?
mfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:39 PM   #24
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
You should always be using 93 octane in these cars.

Stock for the M6 is 5.4s. With the modifications that I've put on, I'm routinely hitting 5.1s. Prior to that, I wasnt topping 5.6s. Hitting the shifts perfectly takes a ton of practice.

I will say, Evil-Bee-NH has it absolutely right. The bolt-ons make the biggest impact and can get you there. The downpipe has been absolutely fantastic. The car is a completely different animal. I'm seeing wheel spin going into second gear during a pull, which is why I'm thinking I'll need tires to get down to the 4.7-8 range. Practice can pull me to 5.0s or under.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote