Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #155
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
2016 2SS A8 18k miles. I think I am starting to get the shudder. Need to bring it in for the steering thing, so will also speak to them about the transmission. This only happens when the tranny is up to temp, is that correct? So, maybe I should offer to demo to a tech when I drop it off?
Old 08-04-2019, 08:00 PM   #156
Herewego

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
2016 2SS A8 18k miles. I think I am starting to get the shudder. Need to bring it in for the steering thing, so will also speak to them about the transmission. This only happens when the tranny is up to temp, is that correct? So, maybe I should offer to demo to a tech when I drop it off?
I believe the latest update to the TSB does not require the tech to do diagnostics before performing the flush for 2016-2018. You shouldn't have to demo it, but I've heard different experiences from others where some dealers just go do it and others still perform the diagnostic.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:16 AM   #157
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herewego View Post
I believe the latest update to the TSB does not require the tech to do diagnostics before performing the flush for 2016-2018. You shouldn't have to demo it, but I've heard different experiences from others where some dealers just go do it and others still perform the diagnostic.
Interesting. That can only mean that it is widespread.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:57 AM   #158
dray

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 NGM, 2012 Yamaha FZ8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dray View Post
Got my car back yesterday. I was told that they did not replace the TC because GM has a new fix for this (that we all know about). So, they did the flush and put in the new fluid. Only time and mileage will tell if it's fixed.
I've done about 1,200 miles since I got the car back. So far it seems to be really good! It's still early, I guess.
dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 10:05 AM   #159
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
I am at over 2000 miles so far since the flush, still working great!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:22 PM   #160
FL Scooter

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS
Update, I have about 5K since the flush, took it back at around 1K and they ran the vibe test and said all was good. Got 26K on my 18 now. Still holding my breath.

Did have an issue with my exhaust rattle, I thought it was the NPP rattle but they stated that one of the welds on a support post came loose and punched a hole in my exhaust. Did not know that the whole, and I mean whole exhaust, has to be replaced from the headers to the tail pipe!! They can't cut out a section and reweld a new pipe in. Maybe cause it's under warranty they are required to replace the whole exhaust. Good to know if I keep the car a long time and have to replace the exhaust pipes.
FL Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:03 PM   #161
Zeppelin264

Drives: 18' 2SS, Summit White
The shutter finally showed up on my car about 2 weeks ago. 6,300 miles, I bought brand new. Took to the dealer and they confirmed it was happening and performed the flush and I guess a trans update? The trans shift NIGHT AND DAY better. The shift points, the upshift, just all around it feels much better.

I have about 100 miles since the flush and so far it feels good, time will tell.
Zeppelin264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:34 PM   #162
NobleSS

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS 50th Anniversary Conv
Try this
Name:  GM-8-speed-Shudder-Flyer.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  171.8 KB
Old 08-26-2019, 07:58 PM   #163
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleSS View Post
This is interesting. Would love to hear some options on this with the GM A8
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:31 AM   #164
the chosen one

Drives: 2017 Convertible 1SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleSS View Post
I used one 10oz bottle of Lubegard ATF protectant (comes in red packaging) and a tube of the Lubegard instant shudder fixx on my car recently. The shudder I was experiencing in 7th and 8th went away on the first drive and the 50 rpm fluttering in those gears has since stopped as well.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:45 AM   #165
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chosen one View Post
I used one 10oz bottle of Lubegard ATF protectant (comes in red packaging) and a tube of the Lubegard instant shudder fixx on my car recently. The shudder I was experiencing in 7th and 8th went away on the first drive and the 50 rpm fluttering in those gears has since stopped as well.
Interesting. Can you describe how you added those? Did you not have to remove a corresponding amount of the existing ATF?
Old 08-28-2019, 09:26 AM   #166
the chosen one

Drives: 2017 Convertible 1SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Interesting. Can you describe how you added those? Did you not have to remove a corresponding amount of the existing ATF?
There is a rubber fill plug on the transmission bell housing on the passenger side. It's a plunger style plug so you have to pop the center portion up and then pry underneath the shoulder of the outer portion to remove it. I was able to fill the trans directly from the shudder fix tube, but for the protectant I used a 250 ml syringe with a rubber tube I bought on amazon to fill. I did all of this without the car running. I chose not to remove the check plug on the stamped pan to allow any excess fluid to drain since this step requires running the car until the transmission is at a certain temperature to drain the right amount of fluid. In my opinion adding 12 ozs (0.375 qts) of fluid is not enough to create an overfilled condition. So far 300 miles and no shuddering.

here is a link for the syringe I used: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S7WC7JC...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Last edited by the chosen one; 08-28-2019 at 01:58 PM.
the chosen one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 01:37 PM   #167
bturner2

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue, Sunroof, NPP, MRC
Got my third flush yesterday with the new and improved fluid. Praying this is the fix.
bturner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 03:23 PM   #168
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chosen one View Post
There is a rubber fill plug on the transmission bell housing on the passenger side. It's a plunger style plug so you have to pop the center portion up and then pry underneath the shoulder of the outer portion to remove it. I was able to fill the trans directly from the shudder fix tube, but for the protectant I used a 250 ml syringe with a rubber tube I bought on amazon to fill. I did all of this without the car running. I chose not to remove the check plug on the stamped pan to allow any excess fluid to drain since this step requires running the car until the transmission is at a certain temperature to drain the right amount of fluid. In my opinion adding 12 ozs (0.375 qts) of fluid is not enough to create an overfilled condition. So far 300 miles and no shuddering.

here is a link for the syringe I used: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S7WC7JC...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
Very interesting! Do you notice any difference in transmission temps?

I assume you used these?

https://www.lubegard.com/products/red/

https://www.lubegard.com/products/isf/