Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-07-2019, 10:50 AM   #1
Clearly_Canadian

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
how much Dynomat do I need?

How many SQFT do I need to do this car? Looking to do full trunk (lid, wheel wells, floor), both doors, rear shelf and rear quarters. This car rattles a ton without a sub and I plan on adding a couple. Rattles are driving me NUTS and my OCD is kicking into overdrive.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:48 AM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
talk to a local stereo shop they can help but doubt any of us have any idea lol
Old 08-07-2019, 01:16 PM   #3
Clearly_Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
talk to a local stereo shop they can help but doubt any of us have any idea lol
Meh...it was worth a try.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:47 PM   #4
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I'm pretty sure I remember a thread with someone doing a full install. Have you searched yet?
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 01:51 PM   #5
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearly_Canadian View Post
How many SQFT do I need to do this car? Looking to do full trunk (lid, wheel wells, floor), both doors, rear shelf and rear quarters. This car rattles a ton without a sub and I plan on adding a couple. Rattles are driving me NUTS and my OCD is kicking into overdrive.
This is one of the very common misconceptions about CLD. CLD helps control only only 1 type of unwanted sound, which is rattling caused by vibrating panels. But you do NOT need to cover an entire panel to achieve this. Placing CLD in squares achieved the same thing. You also want CCF for panels vibrating and MLV to remove unwanted sonic frequencies.

The combination of these 3 will yield maximum results.

https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:09 PM   #6
Clearly_Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
I'm pretty sure I remember a thread with someone doing a full install. Have you searched yet?
Yes I have searched and read through almost every thread in the A/V section. Plenty of useful info here. But I couldn't find any specific SQFTage for this query. I have purchased 36 SQFT. (9 sheets of 18x36") in hopes that I get solid coverage. Waiting on delivery. However, I took some measurements this afternoon, and I think I might only have enough for the trunk and rear quarters. Probably going to be a little short for the doors. This stuff is not cheap. Only want to buy what I need.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:24 PM   #7
Clearly_Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
This is one of the very common misconceptions about CLD. CLD helps control only only 1 type of unwanted sound, which is rattling caused by vibrating panels. But you do NOT need to cover an entire panel to achieve this. Placing CLD in squares achieved the same thing. You also want CCF for panels vibrating and MLV to remove unwanted sonic frequencies.

The combination of these 3 will yield maximum results.

https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/
Yes, I understand this. I have read this article along with your build. Kudos I might add. Your system is along the same lines I am working on myself. I am a full on Alpine guy since my DB drag racing days as a teen. It helped that my sponsors for my competitions were Alpine freaks too. I have been out of the game for quite sometime. I have always rocked a good sound system in all my vehicles. However, I want to go balls deep on this one. It will be a great winter project. For the meantime, I am just going to throw couple Kicker L7's a couple Alpine MRV-500's, LCI2. Next on the list will be a Alpine PXA-H800 DSP. This will pave my way to attack the mids and highs on an atomic level. But first.... need to work on the platform.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:00 AM   #8
drfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearly_Canadian View Post
Yes, I understand this. I have read this article along with your build. Kudos I might add. Your system is along the same lines I am working on myself. I am a full on Alpine guy since my DB drag racing days as a teen. It helped that my sponsors for my competitions were Alpine freaks too. I have been out of the game for quite sometime. I have always rocked a good sound system in all my vehicles. However, I want to go balls deep on this one. It will be a great winter project. For the meantime, I am just going to throw couple Kicker L7's a couple Alpine MRV-500's, LCI2. Next on the list will be a Alpine PXA-H800 DSP. This will pave my way to attack the mids and highs on an atomic level. But first.... need to work on the platform.

Nice! Take pics along the way... it’s both the process AND the end result that I love 🍻
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

Old 08-08-2019, 03:41 PM   #9
Anthony2SS.RS

Drives: 2018 1ss
I used 36sq feet for my eclipse when I had it. Did doors, hatch, and trunk. Only thing that vibrated was my mirrors after that. I used second skin tho better quality than most of the name brands out there. I'd say you'd need more than that if you plan to do the floor and stuff.
Anthony2SS.RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:35 PM   #10
drfeelgood

https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.co...oupe-2010-2015

OP, this was a great thing done by the authors of this website. Breakdown of multiple vehicles and what you need for a perfect interior.

this is for 5th gen Camaro, but the amounts are probably pretty much the same as the vehicle hasn't changed that much

Old 08-09-2019, 09:14 PM   #11
Clearly_Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.co...oupe-2010-2015

OP, this was a great thing done by the authors of this website. Breakdown of multiple vehicles and what you need for a perfect interior.

this is for 5th gen Camaro, but the amounts are probably pretty much the same as the vehicle hasn't changed that much
PERFECT!! there we go. I knew someone out there has done the work! Thank you. Great find.