Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-03-2018, 07:04 AM   #71
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scraps0f View Post
I do find the youtuber's title funny since the description is:
"The point of this video is not to say one car is better than the other. The point to be made here is that the real factor most of the time is the driver, not the car. Buy the car YOU like and learn how to drive it to it's full potential. Please like and Subscribe to support the channel!"

But I get it, that title will make more people click on it, all 400 of them.
This is what the Mustang crowd has deteriorated to. Well, some of the Mustang guys (like shaffe) is cool. But for the most part, they pull this type of shit all the time. I saw a GT350 drag race a Hellcat and it beat the HC but they never said that the HC was in 500 HP mode until it got asked and asked to the point that they finally had to be honest about it. But that is what is going on with this shit video. We all know that the ZL1 1LE is leaps and bounds a faster car no matter how you slice it. There is no performance category that the ZL1 1LE can't convincingly beat the GT350R in given equal drivers. All this video does is proves the one thing that we all know...that someone with more skill in a slower car can beat a lesser skilled person in a faster car. So again, this is not even worth debating. It seems more like a failed attempt to ruffle feathers.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:13 AM   #72
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Ok Hot Wheels. You never know maybe one can since I have no idea how to track my car.
Great! I was certain you wouldn’t understand the driver component. In this case an admitted (in the video) level 4 driver running with the level 3 group.

Fun fact - my Hot Wheels is fully track capable! ...and so damn good looking

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:06 AM   #73
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Great! I was certain you wouldn’t understand the driver component. In this case an admitted (in the video) level 4 driver running with the level 3 group.
That was obviously the only way he could beat anything. And even then it was a struggle. He probably got tired of getting his ass kicked in his own group level.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #74
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:

Fun fact - my Hot Wheels is fully track capable! ...and so damn good looking
Hey I agree I used to play with Hot Wheels when I was like 5. I think they were track capable as well actually could do loops pretty impressive stuff.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:59 PM   #75
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Hey I agree I used to play with Hot Wheels when I was like 5. I think they were track capable as well actually could do loops pretty impressive stuff.
Me too! Maybe in few years you can get one too when the price comes down.

Anyway. Even though you’re always so sour, I knew you were cool. You should change your user name to BOSS.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 11-03-2018 at 06:20 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:42 AM   #76
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Talking

Quote:
Me too! Maybe in few years you can get one too when the price comes down.

Anyway. Even though you’re always so sour, I knew you were cool. You should change your user name to BOSS.
You never know I do tend to get bored with vehicles rather quickly but I think I'll be keeping my Boss for awhile longer. As much as I do like the 18 GT updates, i still prefer my Boss because it feels like a raw muscle car and not a sports car.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #77
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
Really??

per the video; It was the 1st time the GT350 driver tracked it and it was his first lap in the drivers seat.

Impressive, you beat a 1st time track driver, you rock. I think you're ready to go pro.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post

Also to lethal z ragarding the video, I believe that was his point, read the first sentence.

Either way fun cars, thanks America
That was exactly the point
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:06 PM   #78
00 Trans Ram

Drives: 2017 2SS
Alright guys. I've tried this once on this forum, and got flamed as "bragging". The ONLY reason that I bring up what I'm about to say is so that you have some reassurance that I speak from experience.

I road raced a 2000 Trans Am from 2002-2010 (did autox before and karting after). I was/am a certified instructor with the Viper Club of America, NASA and PCA. I won the 2008-2009 Grand Bayou championship for the GT2 class.

You really can't compare cars with different drivers. I raced several Viper Comp Coupes and Viper GT1 cars back in 2008. I was instructing, and got free track time with them (not in their race, but during practice). These were factory-built 3200lb racecars making 520hp. At the time, my Trans Am was ~3300lbs, making 322hp at the wheels. On the straights, they would walk off and leave me. But, in overall lap times, I was better than average.

There is simply no way that I should have been that fast, unless there was a difference in driver.

On the flip side, I remember racing karts at NMSP the year that the Rotax National Tour visited. Coming off a successful RR career (hahaha - 3 years=/=career), and several wins in karts, I was eager to see how I stacked up against some pros.

I was humbled.

Despite having virtually identical chassis, sealed engines, spec tires, etc. - I got lapped by half the field. No matter what I did, I couldn't keep up.

Basically, you can't say that the GT350R is a better car than the ZL1/E if Bob was driving the GT and Steve was driving the ZL. The only way you can do this is if you have a professional (someone who can run back-to-back-to-back laps with less than a 1% variance in lap times) take both cars out on the same track on the same day.
00 Trans Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:15 PM   #79
Harpinc

Drives: 19' ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram View Post
Alright guys. I've tried this once on this forum, and got flamed as "bragging". The ONLY reason that I bring up what I'm about to say is so that you have some reassurance that I speak from experience.

I road raced a 2000 Trans Am from 2002-2010 (did autox before and karting after). I was/am a certified instructor with the Viper Club of America, NASA and PCA. I won the 2008-2009 Grand Bayou championship for the GT2 class.

You really can't compare cars with different drivers. I raced several Viper Comp Coupes and Viper GT1 cars back in 2008. I was instructing, and got free track time with them (not in their race, but during practice). These were factory-built 3200lb racecars making 520hp. At the time, my Trans Am was ~3300lbs, making 322hp at the wheels. On the straights, they would walk off and leave me. But, in overall lap times, I was better than average.

There is simply no way that I should have been that fast, unless there was a difference in driver.

On the flip side, I remember racing karts at NMSP the year that the Rotax National Tour visited. Coming off a successful RR career (hahaha - 3 years=/=career), and several wins in karts, I was eager to see how I stacked up against some pros.

I was humbled.

Despite having virtually identical chassis, sealed engines, spec tires, etc. - I got lapped by half the field. No matter what I did, I couldn't keep up.

Basically, you can't say that the GT350R is a better car than the ZL1/E if Bob was driving the GT and Steve was driving the ZL. The only way you can do this is if you have a professional (someone who can run back-to-back-to-back laps with less than a 1% variance in lap times) take both cars out on the same track on the same day.
Did you race the Pan Am Rmax race at NOLA?
Harpinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 03:23 PM   #80
Boosted_ST
LT1 1LE

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE HPB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram View Post

I was humbled.

This is an insightful post and I thank you for sharing your thoughts.

This serves to tell us one thing: it doesn't matter whether you drive a GT350 or a ZLE, all it matters it to have fun and enjoy your ride. Oh, and to improve one's skills at the track.
Boosted_ST is offline   Reply With Quote