Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-09-2022, 10:16 AM   #43
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
More injector will always supply more fuel if pressure remains constant.

No he has a C7Z and Zl1...Either way it shouldn't matter. Fueling a LT4 isn't any different then a LT1. They both work the same way.

Cut and dry no longer exists in this world...technology has complicated things to the point where it doesn't allow for that to be a thing.

These cars have added another level of complexity with the Mechanical fuel injection pump. Low side feeds high side, high side feeds injector. If more fuel is needed injector pulse widens to supply more fuel. If you get outside of injection window then bad things happen. Fuel pressure dropping will cause the injector pulse to widen as simulating that the engine wants more fuel but it actually doesn't. So you go to a bigger injector, if the pressures can sustain then you are golden. If the pressure drops, then you can try lowering rail pressure... if the injector pulse width's remain inside the injection window and pressure holds constant then you are golden. If the injector pulse width's are outside injection window then you either have to lower E content or find away to supply more fuel to the injectors. Depending on which pressure(s) are dropping you might need more high side and/or low side volume.

I am only referencing this because I have already stated once that the +30's and LPE pump will supply you with more fuel. You are second guessing my advice based on other independent companies that do not work together nor use their parts in unison. I am not saying I am right and they are wrong, but I have used both companies parts in unison. So hopefully the explanation above helps you understand things better. You might reach out to Brett Stewart @ Pray Performance and see what he says since he has used these parts as well. He is actual shop/tuner so perhaps that will help make your decision easier.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 10:32 AM   #44
JP374

Drives: 21 Lt1
Ok thank you for the lengthy explanation. I see how how these variables work together. I’m gonna get it tuned with the LT4 stuff and see how it shakes out. Then utilize the lpe and +30 injectors once I see where it is.

I apologize as I Wasn’t intentionally 2nd guessing you. I’ve been told so many things and my head is about to explode lol. Was trying to get a yes or no answer but realize now it’s not that simple.

Thank you
JP374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 03:42 PM   #45
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I’m following along with this data like I did when cjperformance was doing his install and tuning.

Between what CJ did, what King has done with his car and his brothers, as well as what JP is also in process of doing, I’m really leaning more towards Mike’s (toohighpsi) plates. (That sentence is too long)

I’m in the camp with JP in that I just want to run pump E and not blend.

I haven’t bought my Procharger or fuel system. 600-650 is my goal (for now)

JP it’s going to good to see how things go for your current setup and what happens with +30, LPE and cam. Hopefully you get to full pump E at the power you want to make.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 04:00 PM   #46
JP374

Trochoidal, I actually called and talked to Mike about going that route too, I was nervous about all the wiring etc. If it had been plug and play I probably would’ve did it. I’m really hoping that with the lpe and +30 with stock cam I will be good on e85. We shall see soon. Just waiting on the roads here in Mi to clear up.

I am doing the 1st startup tomorrow. I need to decide if I’m gonna go for it with the LT4 stuff and dsx to see where I end up or put in the lpe pump and +30’s now. I have the 3.9” pulley on it and I also have 3.7” to put on if I have some headroom with fuel system. Once I put a cam in with the +30 stuff I’m pretty sure I’d be good to 800+ on full E.

My concern with blending E is what if the content is different from pump to pump and it’s tuned for e60 and my mix is at e65-70? Will it hurt it? Then I also have my wife who likes to drive now and again so I need to think about that too. Idk maybe this is way simpler once it’s done and I’m overthinking this whole deal…

A lot of these guys have been a tremendous help for that I thank you! I’m my own worst enemy lol
Old 02-09-2022, 04:18 PM   #47
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP374 View Post
Trochoidal, I actually called and talked to Mike about going that route too, I was nervous about all the wiring etc. If it had been plug and play I probably would’ve did it. I’m really hoping that with the lpe and +30 with stock cam I will be good on e85. We shall see soon. Just waiting on the roads here in Mi to clear up.

I am doing the 1st startup tomorrow. I need to decide if I’m gonna go for it with the LT4 stuff and dsx to see where I end up or put in the lpe pump and +30’s now. I have the 3.9” pulley on it and I also have 3.7” to put on if I have some headroom with fuel system. Once I put a cam in with the +30 stuff I’m pretty sure I’d be good to 800+ on full E.

My concern with blending E is what if the content is different from pump to pump and it’s tuned for e60 and my mix is at e65-70? Will it hurt it? Then I also have my wife who likes to drive now and again so I need to think about that too. Idk maybe this is way simpler once it’s done and I’m overthinking this whole deal…

A lot of these guys have been a tremendous help for that I thank you! I’m my own worst enemy lol
Yes sir if I go with the plates myself, there’s going to be a lot of wiring. I don’t see anyway around the wiring. Whether using Mike’s MAF FUSION, MEGASQUIRT, HALTECH, etc., the secondary controller is going to need inputs.

My concern with the MAF FUSION is the transition when the port injection enables. Airtroop01 stated it wasn’t noticeable.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=14

IMO if you’re tuned at E60 and you don’t have headroom to run higher E, you’re going to run out of fuel. But I think you’re shooting for full pump E so I don’t see that happening.

FWIW, I’m in your mindset. I want to do the project right and get the results I’m after.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 07:01 PM   #48
ZO6Ted
Old badass

Drives: 14GMC 2.9 16GMC Turbos 2020Silv.6.2
I'm wanting full E also. Honestly if you could sell the LPE and +30's for retail you could do Crawford port and thpsi plates for a few hundred more. Crawford is available again now. Either way you'll have plenty imho. I would've done the plates also if plug and play but Crawford became available the next day so I pulled the trigger on the Dominator setup. Decisions...
ZO6Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 07:14 PM   #49
JP374

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Ted View Post
I'm wanting full E also. Honestly if you could sell the LPE and +30's for retail you could do Crawford port and thpsi plates for a few hundred more. Crawford is available again now. Either way you'll have plenty imho. I would've done the plates also if plug and play but Crawford became available the next day so I pulled the trigger on the Dominator setup. Decisions...
Yea I’m not sure what I’m gonna do yet. I’ve talked to Chris and I can get the cr fueling 2.0 kit or his all in one kit. But that’s $7k lol, there has to be a cheaper way hahaaa
Old 02-09-2022, 07:44 PM   #50
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
He has a LT1 not a LT4...LT1 cam has a smaller fuel lobe to drive the HPFP which I am sure you know... just putting this out there for those that don't. Back when you were testing a SS with Whipple you said the limits of the LT4 fuel system was 620whp on E60.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502348
I think you misunderstood the thread, I never said that was the limit.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 08:18 PM   #51
ZO6Ted
Old badass

Drives: 14GMC 2.9 16GMC Turbos 2020Silv.6.2
Quote:
Yea I’m not sure what I’m gonna do yet. I’ve talked to Chris and I can get the cr fueling 2.0 kit or his all in one kit. But that’s $7k lol, there has to be a cheaper way hahaaa
Or 8k with options but I think the 2.0 starts at 4200. I know, ouch but problem solved. My thoughts anyway but I'm going big
ZO6Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 08:20 PM   #52
JP374

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Ted View Post
Or 8k with options but I think the 2.0 starts at 4200. I know, ouch but problem solved. My thoughts anyway but I'm going big
Yeah problem solved for sure! I’m gonna see how it goes once we start tuning and go from there. Gonna start with the LT4 stuff and DSX pump since I already have it installed. I have options so that’s always a good thing.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2022, 09:58 PM   #53
KingLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I think you misunderstood the thread, I never said that was the limit.
In that thread it says you aborted testing any further because you were out of fuel.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=55
Old 02-09-2022, 10:05 PM   #54
KingLT1

Quote:

That's not how it works. If it's tuned for flex then you can run any percentage. If you run a higher amount then your fuel system can handle then fuel pressures will drop. So you have to log and find what you can run without pressure drop. If you put too much E in simply go back to the pump and put a gallon of pump 93 in. It doesn't half to be E60 on the dot or whatever. There won't be much power difference between E50 and E60 so shoot for that range. I have been mixing E for a while now.

If your wife wants to drive it then just have her put 93 in it and have the 93 tune ultra conservative on timing...something like 10 degrees. Then use the flex spark table to add the timing back linearly as E content goes up. That is how I have my tune that way I can still run 93 in a pinch if need be.
Old 02-09-2022, 10:14 PM   #55
JP374

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
That's not how it works. If it's tuned for flex then you can run any percentage. If you run a higher amount then your fuel system can handle then fuel pressures will drop. So you have to log and find what you can run without pressure drop. If you put too much E in simply go back to the pump and put a gallon of pump 93 in. It doesn't half to be E60 on the dot or whatever. There won't be much power difference between E50 and E60 so shoot for that range. I have been mixing E for a while now. The shit is super easy...don't over think it.
Ahh I see, I didn’t realize it was that simple. I thought it had to be perfect or would run lean etc. So do you run a e85 gauge or anything? I don’t always log every time I’m out driving around.
Old 02-09-2022, 10:22 PM   #56
KingLT1

Quote:
Ahh I see, I didn’t realize it was that simple. I thought it had to be perfect or would run lean etc. So do you run a e85 gauge or anything? I don’t always log every time I’m out driving around.
I would check it when you fuel up then your good. I use a Bluetooth OBD2 dongle and the torque pro app on my phone. Whenever I get E at the pump I simply plug the OBD2 device in and check E content via App. After that I don't look at it again till I get fuel next.