Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-07-2019, 09:19 AM   #57
MrBrownstone030

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Securiti View Post
I got notice for days ago that they are going to replace the old convertible top at no cost to me. It just took a little bit of a fight. I have a 2017 Camaro SS with about 39500 miles on it. They are subbing the job out to a custom car shop. They said they will need it for about four days

Did they give you a reason as to why they decided to fully cover the cost? I've had an open claim with them for a few weeks now and they will not budge from their original offer to split the cost for the repair.
MrBrownstone030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:12 AM   #58
Securiti

Drives: 2017 Red Hot SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrownstone030 View Post
Did they give you a reason as to why they decided to fully cover the cost? I've had an open claim with them for a few weeks now and they will not budge from their original offer to split the cost for the repair.
No. But I will see if I can find out for you.
Securiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:45 PM   #59
Desmondh80

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrownstone030 View Post
I am fighting with them right now as well. They did work on my top right before my bumper to bumper went out and said it would be fine. Shortly after my weather stripping is jacked up again and now the window is delaminating. Took it to the dealer, they denied it. Called last Weds and filed a service request. Was told I would have to speak with a senior rep and they would call in two days. No call in two days just an email asking me to call them back. No name of the rep or anything. Called them yesterday and was told my rep wasn't available and they had it in their notes they would call today. The lady asked me if she called yesterday when would the best time be. Of course no call yesterday, no call today. Called and was patched to a voicemail box. So aggravating. What process did you go through to get it replaced? Who did you talk to? Thanks for your help!!
Desmondh80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:57 PM   #60
Desmondh80

I did find the tsb number 17NA216 for others dealing with this.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:35 AM   #61
Securiti

NHTSA ID: 10137486
TSB ID: 17NA216

This technical bulletin provides repair information to correct a customer concern of the convertible top back glass separating from top cover material.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:23 PM   #62
MrBrownstone030

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Securiti View Post
NHTSA ID: 10137486
TSB ID: 17NA216

This technical bulletin provides repair information to correct a customer concern of the convertible top back glass separating from top cover material.
When I told the customer assistance advisor about the service bulletin they acknowledged that it existed but essentially said that they are not accepting fault as a manufacturers defect. I'm still trying to get an answer on if they've done anything to fix the issue with the potential replacement but have heard nothing back. There does show to be a change in the part number used for the top but that doesn't necessarily mean anything has changed. It's been a terribly frustrating process overall!
MrBrownstone030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:31 PM   #63
Desmondh80

I can’t even get gm to call me back. Called everyday since Friday and keep getting the run around. So frustrating. You spend this much money on a car and take care of it, falls apart due to poor materials used to construct the vehicle and they do nothing to take care of their customers. This is my fourth fbody and was looking to either upgrade to a zl1 or better but at this point I am tempted to test drive a dodge hellcat. I will keep you posted on what is the result of my claim.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:50 AM   #64
vidkidZ
Mobile/Embedded Architect

Drives: '16 2SS white convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmondh80 View Post
I did find the tsb number 17NA216 for others dealing with this.

Thanks for the TSB. I'm glad I just read this post.

I have 40 miles left on my warranty and the 2SS Vert is in for service at the Dealership for other issues creaking/clicking/air leak issues with the top. Although I can't see if the car has the issue, I just provided the TSB to the Service Manger as a possible issue.
vidkidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:42 PM   #65
Desmondh80

Finally was able to get a hold of an executive rep today. They were able to see where I had two other issues with the top prior to my warranty going out. Hopefully they do the right thing and fix this car.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:25 PM   #66
Securiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmondh80 View Post
Finally was able to get a hold of an executive rep today. They were able to see where I had two other issues with the top prior to my warranty going out. Hopefully they do the right thing and fix this car.
Good luck. 🍀. You just need to talk to the RT person.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:32 PM   #67
Desmondh80

I’m hoping. She did note all the repairs to the top prior to the warranty going out. She even said she will take it higher if needed.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:34 PM   #68
vidkidZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidkidZ View Post
Thanks for the TSB. I'm glad I just read this post.

I have 40 miles left on my warranty and the 2SS Vert is in for service at the Dealership for other issues creaking/clicking/air leak issues with the top. Although I can't see if the car has the issue, I just provided the TSB to the Service Manger as a possible issue.
Update... After pointing out the issue to the dealership, a new top was ordered per the TSB. They are also replacing the interior covering as mine developed a wear hole on the rear passenger side. As far as the creaking / clicking on the passenger size of the convertible top... They say it's normal for the car.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:08 PM   #69
Desmondh80

I’m still fighting them. Two repairs to the top do to binding issues from it being out of allignment , they half arse repaired it because my warranty was close to expiring and told me if I had any problems to bring it back. I did and they denied it. I advised that was unacceptable and now it has been advanced to a after sales district manager. So frustrating. Then they wonder why sales are down!
Old 02-23-2019, 12:23 PM   #70
vidkidZ

My 2016 vert has been in the shop for over a month to get the top issue diagnosed and repaired:

week 1 - Look at / diagnose the issue... Yes it too this long.
had to wait almost two weeks for the parts to arrive from Michigan.

Week 2-3 Replace the top - initial estimate was 2-3 days.

Week 4 - repair damage to the car. They crushed the top of the drivers rear fender.

Week 5 - just started - went to pick up the car and the the passenger window trim from the new top is out of alignment. After 2 hours of the mechanic working on it with no resolution, I'm back in the rental again.

What a mess...