Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - California

AWE Tuning

Old 03-02-2024, 02:02 PM   #1
Typicalcarguy

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Which dealership should I get my car serviced at? (Los Angeles Area)

Hello,

I am approaching 1,500 miles on my SS 1LE and wanted to ask if anybody had any recommendations for a dealership to perform its’ break-in service. I am located in the San Fernando Valley but don’t mind driving for higher quality of work. This is my first Chevy so I don’t know how the dealership service experience is to begin with, but I’d like to go to a dealer that services more camaros/corvettes and would treat my car with more care and expertise.

Does anybody have any experience-backed recommendations for a dealership?

Thank you in advance.
Typicalcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 08:30 PM   #2
Pickles

Drives: Audi RS3
Hello from Aussie.
A very wise question, as some Dealers are most definitely better than others. Even lifting the car on a hoist, if not done correctly, can do real damage.
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 12:32 AM   #3
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Seriously, if you have an SS 1LE, you should be able to do at least basic maintenance on your vehicle (oil and diff fluid changes)... It is a VERY simple procedure and something that the dealers f***-up 50%+ of the time (wrong oil, wrong quantity, etc...)

Find a way to do this very basic maintenance yourself, your car will be MUCH better off...

My car was 6 days old at this point...

A bit later...

Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 12:35 AM   #4
Buddy Shagmore

Drives: '23 LT1 & '16 GMC Canyon
My dealer, Ryder in Northridge, offered me a free first service. I refused, as I don't trust any dealer would actually use the correct oil, or not damage the car putting it up on a lift. I bought race ramps, installed lift pads and rock guards, and change the oil and filter myself.

Last edited by Buddy Shagmore; 03-03-2024 at 01:12 AM.
Buddy Shagmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 02:14 AM   #5
Typicalcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Hello from Aussie.
A very wise question, as some Dealers are most definitely better than others. Even lifting the car on a hoist, if not done correctly, can do real damage.
Precisely. Thank you
Old 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM   #6
Typicalcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Seriously, if you have an SS 1LE, you should be able to do at least basic maintenance on your vehicle (oil and diff fluid changes)... It is a VERY simple procedure and something that the dealers f***-up 50%+ of the time (wrong oil, wrong quantity, etc...)

Find a way to do this very basic maintenance yourself, your car will be MUCH better off...

My car was 6 days old at this point...

A bit later...

Replied on the main forum. Thanks for the input and nice garage.
Old 03-03-2024, 02:25 AM   #7
Typicalcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Shagmore View Post
My dealer, Ryder in Northridge, offered me a free first service. I refused, as I don't trust any dealer would actually use the correct oil, or not damage the car putting it up on a lift. I bought race ramps, installed lift pads and rock guards, and change the oil and filter myself.
I didn't buy from Rydell but they are located very close to me. It seems like they are a high volume dealer when it comes to camaro and especially corvette sales. I'd like to think that because of this they would have to have some knowledge on how to service these cars properly if at least half the buyers are coming back to service their cars there. You don't think so?
Old 03-03-2024, 07:36 AM   #8
Buddy Shagmore

Drives: '23 LT1 & '16 GMC Canyon
I guess my issue is having trust and faith in any dealer, to do the job correctly, especially on a special car like the Camaro, where there are no protected lift points. Nobody in the dealer service area cares as much as me about my LT1. They also are assigned a time limit to get it done. At home, I am in no hurry. I think most of us here feel the same way.

Last edited by Buddy Shagmore; 03-03-2024 at 10:29 AM.
Buddy Shagmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 10:52 AM   #9

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
FWIW, I always change my own oil at home on the Camaro. But when I got my new Impala in 2017, I had the dealer change the oil and filter, part of the warranty and on that V-6 engine the filter is a pain to get to. (The Camaro v-8 is pretty easy to change).
I was ok with the dealer doing it on the Impala, because their oil change rack was right next to the waiting room where I could easily watch and even walk over and talk to the tech.

Anyhoo, if it's just for an oil change, and you don't want to do it yourself but are worried about what happens when you can't watch, I'd recommend Harbor Chevrolet on Cherry Ave. in Long Beach. They always had Camaros and Corvettes on their showroom floor.

Good luck.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 06:52 PM   #10
Typicalcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
FWIW, I always change my own oil at home on the Camaro. But when I got my new Impala in 2017, I had the dealer change the oil and filter, part of the warranty and on that V-6 engine the filter is a pain to get to. (The Camaro v-8 is pretty easy to change).
I was ok with the dealer doing it on the Impala, because their oil change rack was right next to the waiting room where I could easily watch and even walk over and talk to the tech.

Anyhoo, if it's just for an oil change, and you don't want to do it yourself but are worried about what happens when you can't watch, I'd recommend Harbor Chevrolet on Cherry Ave. in Long Beach. They always had Camaros and Corvettes on their showroom floor.

Good luck.
Thanks! I appreciate the input.
Old 03-03-2024, 06:53 PM   #11
Typicalcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Shagmore View Post
I guess my issue is having trust and faith in any dealer, to do the job correctly, especially on a special car like the Camaro, where there are no protected lift points. Nobody in the dealer service area cares as much as me about my LT1. They also are assigned a time limit to get it done. At home, I am in no hurry. I think most of us here feel the same way.
I totally agree with you.
Old 03-06-2024, 03:55 AM   #12
chachasama
JP_chachasama

Drives: 23' 2SS Convertible Summit White
Unfortunately, some deanship service could make your car mess. Be careful and pay attention if you have to service in dealership.

Real my case, check it.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623143
chachasama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 02:27 PM   #13
Typicalcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachasama View Post
Unfortunately, some deanship service could make your car mess. Be careful and pay attention if you have to service in dealership.

Real my case, check it.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623143
Just read your post. Sorry you experienced that. I can imagine how frustrating it must be. Which dealership did it happen at?
Old 03-07-2024, 07:05 PM   #14
302crossram

Drives: 2023 Sharkskin 2SS
I wonder if going to Caddy dealer would be any better in your case
???
302crossram is offline   Reply With Quote