Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-15-2015, 12:00 AM   #1
Imtheboss

Drives: White 1lt sunroof NPP
Ducktail and Rear Diffuser

Does anyone now when these will be available either OEM or Aftermarket for the LT's?
Imtheboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 02:26 AM   #2
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
The rear diffuser is available now but only comes with the Ground Effects kit, you can not get it by itself from GM as far as I know. I have not seen any info on when the ducktail will be available.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:31 AM   #3
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartem2 View Post
The rear diffuser is available now but only comes with the Ground Effects kit, you can not get it by itself from GM as far as I know. I have not seen any info on when the ducktail will be available.
Can you show me where online to find that the ground effects kit is available? The only thing I can find is the front fascia extension.

The reveal at SEMA said the ground effects kit (front lip, skirts and rear diffuser) and spoiler (not wing) won't be available until Spring 2016.

If you can point/link to where that's not the case on the chevy website, that would be great.

--KC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:14 AM   #4
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Can you show me where online to find that the ground effects kit is available? The only thing I can find is the front fascia extension.

The reveal at SEMA said the ground effects kit (front lip, skirts and rear diffuser) and spoiler (not wing) won't be available until Spring 2016.

If you can point/link to where that's not the case on the chevy website, that would be great.

--KC
You can go here and pick the 2016 Camaro and find it. http://www.chevrolet.com/ownership/a...tnt=185022:1:0
The SS option shows it comes with a decklid spoiler but I suspect that's a typo.

Also, you can plug the part number into a google search and come up with dealers that sell it below MSRP. This is for the Mosaic Black https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#s...+part+23405630
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:47 AM   #5
cartem2

What he said ^

I have my gfx kit ordered with MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet and waiting for my babies delivery.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:53 AM   #6
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartem2 View Post
What he said ^

I have my gfx kit ordered with MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet and waiting for my babies delivery.
Do you know if you can order the GFX kit at the same time you order your car and have it put on at the factory? If not, and the dealer has to install it, is there a labor charge if you order it at the same time you order your car and they put it on before delivery? I'm definitely going to add this to my car when I order. The rear diffuser looks great with the NPP.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:12 AM   #7
cartem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Do you know if you can order the GFX kit at the same time you order your car and have it put on at the factory? If not, and the dealer has to install it, is there a labor charge if you order it at the same time you order your car and they put it on before delivery? I'm definitely going to add this to my car when I order. The rear diffuser looks great with the NPP.
I know you can now have the gfx kit on new orders, but I'm not actually sure when they are installed. I'm pretty sure the installation is included in the MSRP price but you can get them cheeper from a dealer like MaureenM if you just want the parts not installed. I'm sure MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet would be happy to answer any questions about ordering and prices if you sent her a pm.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:36 AM   #8
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
You can go here and pick the 2016 Camaro and find it. http://www.chevrolet.com/ownership/a...tnt=185022:1:0
The SS option shows it comes with a decklid spoiler but I suspect that's a typo.

Also, you can plug the part number into a google search and come up with dealers that sell it below MSRP. This is for the Mosaic Black https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#s...+part+23405630
So it's an accessory? Ugh. No wonder I couldn't find it on the online configurator. No bueno for national level autox.

Needs to be factory installed, or it's not legal. Huge bummer.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:43 PM   #9
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
So it's an accessory? Ugh. No wonder I couldn't find it on the online configurator. No bueno for national level autox.

Needs to be factory installed, or it's not legal. Huge bummer.

--kC
Interesting. It's on the supplier pricing configurator as an option, but the price says "See dealer for Pricing" so I wonder if it would still qualify.