#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-13-2014, 01:40 PM   #15
shine2013

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by top_of_the_pile View Post
Wait a few months! 2015 Challengers are going to be out in few months. (August?) Major, MAJOR refresh, especially on the interior. New rear and front as well. Shaker hoods making a major come back too. No major changes on the engines, although there is the new 8-speed auto tranny that should be pretty good from a tech perspective, for an auto at least, 30+ MPG easy. Interior is amazing though. And they finally dropped the rear styling that made it look like tron-mobile-from-da-hood.

And yes, as per Chrysler heritage, engines have massive issues, recalls galore, timing chains breaking at 30k and causing catastrophic failures as a matter of fact, but you know what, I've had two 5th gen Camaros now, (well three technically, but that's a long story) and the fit and finish is pretty horrible and the engines are gremlin infested. Most importantly, the auto transmissions on the 5th gens are pieces of shi* too. Laggy, jerky messes that make you wish for the hell that is the CVT.

What I am saying at least with 2015 Challenger you still get the shi*-engine-problems that come with American pony cars but at least styling is proper retro and not the jap/euro direction Camaros are taking (see 2014 refresh), interior and fit and finish are not poop, and there is always that nice 8-speed. Also, shaker hoods > cowl hoods. In addition, as per Chrysler roadmap, no major changes after 2015 on the Challengers until 2018 or so. So resale value should a bit better in short term.
This, minus the timing chains and the Camaro bashing. That's only on the automatic versions of the 5.7L Hemi. I love mine, 15k miles and no problems. If GM screws up the 6th Gen Camaro that Challenger is going to be my next car. The 2015 Challenger is one sexy beast, inside and out. Only thing I don't like is the shift knob, but I've only seen it with auto.
shine2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:42 AM   #16
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Honestly, the Mopars have been my most reliable and trouble-free cars while my GMs have been the most troublesome. i have owned around 20 cars over the last 18 years BTW.
That may be the experience in Stew-land but mountains of data over the years would suggest the opposite.

Dodge is consistently bottom of the barrel year, after year, after year.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote