Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-15-2022, 04:33 PM   #1
Camrochris

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 3.6L supe
Unhappy Need SS/RS caliper bracket for camaro by Brembo 6th gen

I am the guy with tge supercharger on my 2020 Riverside Blue LT. I have blanketed this car with love. But it WILL eventually get me killed in the twisties, even with my M3 suspension and my BMR end links. I need 4 pots on the front..so I need a modified or an adaptor for these brakes (made in the Mexico Plant opened in 2017). They came with new pads and were $249 for the PAIR in great condition. Anyone have any experience with this? My caliper covers are gloss black with gloss black rims for a reason...not trying to show off the single pot front brakes. To be honest...how do I even know if it has tge J55 brakes? I thought just 4cyl came without 4 piston calipers on the front.Almost any 335 stock OEM 4 door is gonna have front 4 piston calipers. Anyone done this? Know where or how to get the modified mounting plate and hardware? Thank ypu in advance
Warmest wishes
-Camrochris
Attached Images

Last edited by Camrochris; 05-15-2022 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Pix
Camrochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:29 PM   #2
GXP08jrf

Drives: 2016 1LT 'Vert
No bracket required on the front corners of an LS/LT for this upgrade. The J55 calipers bolt directly to the knuckle where the standard caliper's bracket attaches.

J55 does use a longer bolt, so you'd need four of those and the Left & Right flex lines because the interface and location of the Brembo fluid attachment is different than the single-pot caliper.

The J55 package also specifies a slightly thicker rotor even though it's the same 12.6" diameter as the base brake setup.
GXP08jrf is offline   Reply With Quote