Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-05-2021, 11:19 AM   #29
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
This is a great question and I would be curious to know as well, I went port and saw no cons to it at all.
Crickets...

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:36 AM   #30
Choda

Drives: Turbo 6.2
Im sure Ted will reply. Hes very open with his experiences and knowledge.
Old 03-06-2021, 07:18 AM   #31
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Maybe cuz there 1500 more..hahaha!

Ted why do you not mess with adding port injection to a DI motor. Just wondering why you do not have any builds or videos of you tuning them. L

I know the XDI offers plenty of fuel but what about people like myself that didn't want to spend 14k in parts. I realize it's probably more stockish in appearance and easier to tune and setup. But port makes sense and even using parts like Haltech and Injector Dynamics the price is so much more affordable. The lowside doesnt have to be powerful since it's operating at a lower psi and so on. Just seems really beneficial.

Anyhow just wondering has No one come to you and asked for a port setup or do you tell them to do an XDI setup and not mess with it?
Quote:
This is a great question and I would be curious to know as well, I went port and saw no cons to it at all.
Good morning gentlemen,

With all due respect each of you may build a hand full of cars in your lifetime.

Jannetty Racing Ent. may build as many in a week and have been at it for 34 years as Jannetty Racing, and 6 years before that as a professional Master tech.

You guys unlike 99% of my customers can handle working on it yourself, or don't mind relying on your local shop down the street from your house.

I do not believe in having multiple computers to control a single engine it opens the door for failure, confusion, and finding someone to service it when things go wrong.

Brings me back to the Piggy back computer days LOL.

We have emission compliance to deal with.

We build ultra reliable high performance street cars 1100 RWHP and travel cross country and knock down 24 MPG.

This is an undeniable fact Direct injection makes more power, is more efficient, and burns cleaner on the same amount of fuel.

I understand you guys are always looking for the cheaper way out, it is your car your choice.

I on the other hand am looking for simple reliable compliant trouble free performance that does not require customer intervention or worry, nor have to rely on joes speed shop every time there is a problem.

You don't see me using Meth injection Either, How many engines have failed just on this forum alone with Meth injection, never mind the thousands I have read about elsewhere and over the last 30 years.

Does Port injection add fuel, Yes, Would I put in on my car, Maybe, but only if there were no other choice.

We have a choice and it is not 14K so don't try and make your point by inflating the price.

We can argue all day but I have to consider a lot more factors than you as a hobbyist will ever have to.

Respectfully, Ted.

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 03-07-2021 at 09:14 AM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 07:22 AM   #32
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Crickets...
Disrespectful comment.
Old 03-06-2021, 08:28 AM   #33
D3adch1ld

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Good morning gentlemen,

With all due respect each of you may build a hand full of cars in your lifetime.

Jannetty Racing Ent. may build as many in a week and have been at it for 34 years as Jannetty Racing, and 6 years before that as a professional Master tech.

You guys unlike 99% of my customers can handle working on it yourself, or don't mind relying on your local shop down the street from your house.

I do not believe in having multiple computers to control a single engine it opens the door for failure, confusion, and finding someone to service it when things go wrong.

We build ultra reliable high performance street cars 1100 RWHP and travel cross country and knock down 24 MPG.

This is an undeniable fact Direct injection makes more power, is more efficient, and burns cleaner on the same amount of fuel.

I understand you guys are always looking for the cheaper way out, it is your car your choice.

I on the other hand am looking for simple reliable compliant trouble free performance that does not require customer intervention or worry, nor have to rely on joes speed shop every time there is a problem.

You don't see me using Meth injection Either, How many engines have failed just on this forum alone with Meth injection, never mind the thousands I have read about elsewhere and over the last 30 years.

Does Port injection add fuel, Yes, Would I put in on my car, Maybe, but only if there were no other choice.

We have a choice and it is not 14K so don't try and make your point by inflating the price.

We can argue all day but I have to consider a lot more factors than you as a hobbyist will ever have to.

Respectfully, Ted.
That hit the nail on the head. Cost and ability to perform your own work, service and maintenance are an absolute factor. Not everyone can do what some of the members here can or if they can aren't willing.

Nothing but praise here Ted, I follow your philosophy, less is more. And thus far, its worked for me!

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by D3adch1ld; 03-07-2021 at 02:28 PM.
D3adch1ld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 08:51 AM   #34
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Good morning gentlemen,

Respectfully, Ted.
I believe you meant Direct Injection? And I agree +60's might be the better way to go but I have seen +30's go pretty far.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA

Last edited by KingLT1; 03-07-2021 at 09:30 AM.
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 09:15 AM   #35
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I believe you meant Direct Injection? And I agree +60's might be the better way to go but I have seen +30's go pretty far.
You are Correct Typo on my part, Fixed Please fix in quotes.

Ted.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:00 AM   #36
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
I totally respect teds point of view and if I was building tons of cars I would do everything possible to lessen the complexity of it.

That being said I am building just this one car and love the complexity of it. Keeps me interested. The boost/launch strategies are endless and having built in safeties for things like fuel pressure, over boost and a/f give me a great deal of peace of mind.
Old 03-07-2021, 03:06 PM   #37
ZO6Ted
Old badass

Drives: 14GMC 2.9 16GMC Turbos 2020Silv.6.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
I totally respect teds point of view and if I was building tons of cars I would do everything possible to lessen the complexity of it.

That being said I am building just this one car and love the complexity of it. Keeps me interested. The boost/launch strategies are endless and having built in safeties for things like fuel pressure, over boost and a/f give me a great deal of peace of mind.
That would be the Dominator setup over the standard Holley?
ZO6Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 03:06 PM   #38
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

I apologize for being disrespectful Ted. You do give excellent and the correct advice and the forum is lucky to have your help and support.

We are all free to our opinions correct? As long as we are not being races, hateful and disrespectful. My opinion Personally I don't think you have ever tuned a car that's running both( port and DI). I've purchased many parts from you in the past 10 years with my 5th gen. And I follow social media heavily. So, I've been following the great things JMS has done. I have not seen one procharger build that supported DI and Port that left JMS remember the XDI option only been out for a year or so. Are you telling me no one from the end of 2013(c7) to 2020 wanted a 1000 rwhp vette or camaro on pump e85.. Port and Di or race gas would of been the only way to make that power correct? I guess you could on meth. How did you build untra dependable 1100 rwhp cars before the xdi that drive across the country?

I'm not trying to put any shop down merely here to inform/ help people and let them know there are other ways to fuel these cars properlyif you don't have 14k. I've been running about a year now and other than dirty injectors I haven't had any problems w port. And it looks like my buddy Peitz Performance is doing some good things with DI and Port to Emily's c8.

On the price of $14,000 I'm including the xdi, fore, and labor here is a quote from JMS.

There must be a need for it otherwise Toohighpsi wouldn't of came out with rails that mount between the maggi and heads.

Yes I agree DI is more efficient and will always make more power. But DI is limited on injector size as of now. I'm at 1044 now not because I'm out of injector or because I can't make as much as DI. I stopped because I have a stock block. I have enough fuel to go to 1400 hp if I wanted and I'm still at 8.3 lower and 3.0 upper. I can get a dsx 10.0 or 9.84 lower and a 2.75 upper and make some serious power. So the argument that DI is more efficient and makes more power can't really apply here yet. I have no idea of gas milage but I do know I can make more than the xdi as of now. My car drives like it has one type of fuel system just like the c7 zr1.
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 03-07-2021 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-07-2021, 03:16 PM   #39
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
I apologize for being disrespectful Ted. You do give excellent and the correct advice and the forum is lucky to have your help and support.

We are all free to our opinions correct? As long as we are not being races, hateful and disrespectful. My opinion Personally I don't think you have ever tuned a car that's running both( port and DI). I've purchased many parts from you in the past 10 years with my 5th gen. And I follow social media heavily. So, I've been following the great things JMS has done. I have not seen one procharger build that supported DI and Port that left JMS remember the XDI option only been out for a year or so. Are you telling me no one from the end of 2015 to 2020 wanted a 1000 rwhp vette or camaro on pump e85.. Port and Di or race gas would of been the only way to make that powed correct? I guess you could on meth.

I'm not trying to put any shop down merely here to inform/ help people and let them know there are other ways to fuel these cars. I've been running about w it about a year now and other than dirty injectors I haven't had any problems w port. And it looks like my buddy Peitz Performance is doing some good things with DI and Port to Emily's c8.

On the price of $14,000 I'm including the xdi, fore, and labor here is a quote from JMS.

There must be a need for it otherwise Toohighpsi wouldn't of came out with rails that mount between the maggi and heads.
Holy crap almost $5000 for just a pump? My whole port system was just a few hundred more than that and is good for 1400 on E85.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 03:30 PM   #40
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Holy crap almost $5000 for just a pump? My whole port system was just a few hundred more than that and is good for 1400 on E85.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I know.... I never make a statement I can't back and I educate myself with all options before I build or purchase anything I learned the hard way getting screwed by LG MOTORS back in 96. I'm kinda glad I did its made me more aware and cautious ⚠️ buyer vs dishing out money and not knowing what I'm getting. I have a friend at MTI over in Htown getting bamboozled I'm trying to tell him get the car out of there !

Old 03-08-2021, 06:26 AM   #41
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6Ted View Post
That would be the Dominator setup over the standard Holley?
I have a ms3pro ultimate. I would think the basic Holley would have the safeties. Just a limited number of inputs. If your doing a duel injector you need to be running the coils to have a safe way to shut down the motor. Killing fuel doesn’t work if your feeding it fuel from 2 sources.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:38 AM   #42
ZO6Ted
Old badass

Drives: 14GMC 2.9 16GMC Turbos 2020Silv.6.2
Ok back to the original '16 4wd with twins. I am leaning towards the CR port setup but if I do I'll need an intake. Since it's a heavy girl I don't want to give up a bunch of mid range torque so I hesitate to go hi ram. I like the MSD but I hear they may not hold up under hi boost. Any other good options for port inj intakes without breaking the bank?
ZO6Ted is offline   Reply With Quote