Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-06-2023, 11:49 AM   #1
Shawnqa800720

Drives: 2018 1SS
Rear Knuckle Bushing Install Video ?

I tried the search function and could not get it to return any results, so I want to know if anyone is aware of an install video on replacing the rear knuckle bushings? I want to eventually move to full SPL set up, and this is the one element that I do not have much experience with to perform (nor likely the press tools required).

Short of a video existing, does anyone have experience in doing this that could give a brief breakdown of the process?
  • Does the knuckle need to be removed or can the bushings be pulled and installed with the knuckle in place?
  • What tools (press/puller) are required?

Secondary question, and maybe more important, the option to change to the ZL1 1LE rear knuckle with the stiffer stock bushings is also there - are the SPL bushings a noticeable step up from the stock ZLE knuckle setup?
2018 Red Hot 1SS, GM lowering kit & 1LE Sway bar kit, ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings, BMR sway bar end links, GM CAI w/tune, Pray ported IM, Mamo ported TB, VS Forged VS07 rims 20x11 & 20x10 w/ Michelin PS4S
Shawnqa800720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 05:30 PM   #2
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
This job is up there with one of the more difficult things to do on the car. I was able to get the top two done with the knuckles on the car, I'm very stubborn and kept on trying despite struggling, the bottom was basically impossible with the tools I have. So just save yourself some agony and remove them from the start. If you have access to a press it'll make your life much easier also.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote