Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-23-2023, 07:00 AM   #15
JP374

Drives: 21 Lt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Post progress on all of your stuff guys. The more information the better.

Regarding tuning, and especially VTT and such, I intend on following up on that side in this thread, too. It seems like by compensating on the fueling side, we don't have to mess with the airflow model, so the torque shouldn't be affected. Again - I'll report back over the coming weeks as I get more miles on the car. We shouldn't have to mess with the MAF if this method is what it is stated it is, even though the method outlined by Mike, to my understanding, has been used for a long time for meth', so when done correctly, is perfectly fine. There are LOTS of shops that have been successful, so there doesn't seem to be anything to be concerned about.
Ok well that makes me feel better. Looking fwd to the upcoming info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis 2ss View Post
What injector are you using now? FIC or XDI?
I’m using FIC +30’s, 38% fuel lobe cam, Fore in tank setup. No meth, e60, holding 5.2MS @ .84 lamda. Inj duty cycle 28%. Just under 900 whp.
JP374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 07:22 AM   #16
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
To clarify, is the alternate method just pulling fuel from PE, and leaving the MAF alone except to fine tune once PE adjustments get things close to desired eqr on the wideband?
In the method I'm trying, I am, essentially, telling the ECM the DI injectors flow less (by, theoretically the same amount I'm compensating with the PI injectors). It doesn't seem like the table I'm doing this in is pretty general, and polishing with the PE table will help with that fidelity. And it sounds like once a good IPW is locked in, then I'll see about final polishing methods, like adjusting the REFLEX MAF curve to calibrate with the PI injectors. So - all of that to say: leaving the E92 MAF curve alone, adjusting the E92 fueling, and allow the REFLEX to make up for the difference, and get that EQ on the wideband in a safe range. So - yes - I think we are on the same page

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP374 View Post
Ok well that makes me feel better. Looking fwd to the upcoming info.

I’m using FIC +30’s, 38% fuel lobe cam, Fore in tank setup. No meth, e60, holding 5.2MS @ .84 lamda. Inj duty cycle 28%. Just under 900 whp.
I'm hoping this works out. I've tried to see if there's information, regarding this method, out there on HPTuners' forum, but I got no responses. Obviously - tuning is a big business, and I get that, and while the common compensation (I guess you'd say that?) method out there works fine, it seems like a lot more balancing and "raping" that MIGHT be necessary, if this method works out. We'll see

I'd also recommend anyone who's interested, to go through Greg's threads (all of the related ones) and to also focus on Mike's comments. There's a lot of information to unpack and think about, that are helping me along, too. They were especially helpful in finding a model to base plumbing from. Seeing how the fuel needs to flow correctly was a great help, because I would have never figured it out with the threads and Mike's videos.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 10:58 AM   #17
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Quote:
In the method I'm trying, I am, essentially, telling the ECM the DI injectors flow less (by, theoretically the same amount I'm compensating with the PI injectors). It doesn't seem like the table I'm doing this in is pretty general, and polishing with the PE table will help with that fidelity. And it sounds like once a good IPW is locked in, then I'll see about final polishing methods, like adjusting the REFLEX MAF curve to calibrate with the PI injectors. So - all of that to say: leaving the E92 MAF curve alone, adjusting the E92 fueling, and allow the REFLEX to make up for the difference, and get that EQ on the wideband in a safe range. So - yes - I think we are on the same page

I'm hoping this works out. I've tried to see if there's information, regarding this method, out there on HPTuners' forum, but I got no responses. Obviously - tuning is a big business, and I get that, and while the common compensation (I guess you'd say that?) method out there works fine, it seems like a lot more balancing and "raping" that MIGHT be necessary, if this method works out. We'll see

I'd also recommend anyone who's interested, to go through Greg's threads (all of the related ones) and to also focus on Mike's comments. There's a lot of information to unpack and think about, that are helping me along, too. They were especially helpful in finding a model to base plumbing from. Seeing how the fuel needs to flow correctly was a great help, because I would have never figured it out with the threads and Mike's videos.
Thx Radz, I've tried to make my posts so people will understand how this system works and the benefits of running Thpsi Port Injection with the Reflex controller. Not sure its sinking in.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 02:50 PM   #18
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Thx Radz, I've tried to make my posts so people will understand how this system works and the benefits of running Thpsi Port Injection with the Reflex controller. Not sure its sinking in.
I couldn't do it any better than you Greg

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 02-23-2023, 06:03 PM   #19
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Quote:
I couldn't do it any better than you Greg
Geeezzzz, come on, lots of guys on here are smarter than me. Me just an old man that has never grown up.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 07:27 AM   #20
cjperformance

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
No word on a ship date yet for the THPSI kit, but looking at fuel hoses and fittings in the mean time. Im waffling between ptfe and e85 compatible nylon braided.

Any pros or cons between ptfe and e85-compat nylon braided? Looks like laynlos are probably ptfe from the pictures, and I'm leaning ptfe, but so far seems like 6 of one half dozen of the other. Only drawback so far for ptfe is the ferrules arent reusable.

Stainless braided would look cool, but i dont really want to mess with that. I would like to do something to spruce up the engine compartment. It's all very OEM looking except the procharger itself. It could look interesting if i somehow brought some of that 50th Anniversary orange under the hood. Any thoughts?
CircleD 3K Stall | QA1 CF Driveshaft
Forgestar F14 Drag 17x10 NT555R2 305/45/17 Rear
Forgestar F14 18x8 NT555G2 235/50/18 Front
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
??.??@??? w/3.7" pulley (installed & tuning)
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 08:30 AM   #21
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
The PTFE lines I have used in the past are a metal braid on the surface. The PTFE means there is a plastic type liner inside the line that is resistant to ethanol/methanol fuels.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 10:04 AM   #22
cjperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
The PTFE lines I have used in the past are a metal braid on the surface. The PTFE means there is a plastic type liner inside the line that is resistant to ethanol/methanol fuels.
Yeah, here's two pages that show the PTFE hose versus "regular" braided hose.

https://anfittingguide.com/install-b...hose-fittings/
https://anfittingguide.com/install-ptfe-hose-fittings/

There appears to be some "premium braided hoses" that incorporate a multilayered approach with some kind of E-resistant inner liner, a rubber middle layer, and braided outer layer. Assembles like standard AN hose ends and uses the standard kind of AN fittings...

Then there's the straight PTFE like in the second link.

I think I'll do the PTFE... I've done the braided hose before and the metal stuff looks nice, but sucks to assemble... I could get nylon braided, but it has to have an E-compatible liner in it anyway, so ultimately the plain old PTFE is the right hose for the job.

After I order, I'll post a manifest of the hose and fittings I order to make it easier for the next person.
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley
Old 02-27-2023, 11:17 AM   #23
radz28
Petro-sexual

Make sure you don't do what I did (because I didn't know any better) and get the PTFE-hose compatible fittings and try to use PTFE hose... Standard AN-type will NOT work the the PTFE Nylon hoses. I didn't know there was a difference in fittings.

It seems like PTFE hose IS the way to go.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 02-27-2023, 11:19 AM   #24
radz28
Petro-sexual

Also - it seemed like it took a day to assemble my order, and was shipped a whole business day after. I'm only 400-miles away from THPSI, so I got it a couple days after I placed the order, so it will take a little longer for regular shipping for you. It you ordered Thursday, I wouldn't be surprised to get shipping information soon.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 02-27-2023, 12:03 PM   #25
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Fragola 6000 PTFE is my go to. Except I am running nylon from my T to the HPFP, so I will need the flexibility. It will just need replaced in ~ 5 years, which I'm ok with as it's just a ~6 inch section. It will also hopefully buffer out the NVH from the HPFP.

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 12:31 PM   #26
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
Fragola 6000 PTFE is my go to. Except I am running nylon from my T to the HPFP, so I will need the flexibility. It will just need replaced in ~ 5 years, which I'm ok with as it's just a ~6 inch section. It will also hopefully buffer out the NVH from the HPFP.
Is 5-years a general rule for this kind of hose, or are you just playing it safe?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 02-27-2023, 01:00 PM   #27
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:
Is 5-years a general rule for this kind of hose, or are you just playing it safe?
Unless there is a product that is out that I do not know about, all nylon/kevlar/nomex hose is only rated (from the manufacturer) for 5 -7 years before it starts to leak (especially if you are running E85). Even the stainless reinforced stuff like FlexLP from Fore.

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 01:08 PM   #28
cjperformance

Quote:
Also - it seemed like it took a day to assemble my order, and was shipped a whole business day after. I'm only 400-miles away from THPSI, so I got it a couple days after I placed the order, so it will take a little longer for regular shipping for you. It you ordered Thursday, I wouldn't be surprised to get shipping information soon.
They did tell me the SC plates were "a few weeks out" before I ordered, so not expecting it to ship right away.
10.84@131 w/4.13" pulley