Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-06-2019, 01:34 AM   #29
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Mine just arrived at the port!
Attached Images

JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:11 AM   #30
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Jerome: Fantastic...hopefully it will only be a couple of days or already enroute. Our temps in the south are touching 50 degrees - possibly your weather is similar for a delivery?!

Post some images...
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:19 AM   #31
Tim M

This week my assistant and I got to repair our beater BMW...while driving to work, the front suspension collapsed! The right front coil spring broke in two which dropped the corner down, but more concerning allowed the broken coil to gouge the inside of the tire. Only drove it to work and home and the tire was knackered.

New replacement coil was $58 plus two tires at $200 each.

This following two headlight failures and two check engine lights (O2 sensors). Should of bought a Honda (we bought what was available...).

I'm tempted to install Koni's and Eibach lowering springs - to reduce the ground clearance for this winter car in the snow...hmmm.
Old 02-09-2019, 02:59 AM   #32
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Jerome: Fantastic...hopefully it will only be a couple of days or already enroute. Our temps in the south are touching 50 degrees - possibly your weather is similar for a delivery?!

Post some images...
That would be nice... Unfortunately, I won't be on location until March 11th.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:26 PM   #33
Tim M

Well, you certainly have something to look forward to...hopefully the weather is conducive as well.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:36 PM   #34
Tim M

Update: ship is delayed...now moving thru the English Channel.

Unfortunate it was not on-time (13 Feb) as the temps have been in the 50's for highs...trending lower in the future.

Did receive the ZL1 Add-ons license plate frame - looks to be the ticket!
Old 02-16-2019, 04:34 PM   #35
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Getting close... cool car to have over there...
Old 02-17-2019, 03:27 PM   #36
Tim M

mlee: Do agree. A ZL1 1LE would be ideal, of course.

Nurburgring finally posted their schedule for public days...first opportunity is 17 Mar.

LINK

I've yet to see a 6th gen Camaro in the country - few 5th gens (with all season radials in the snow!).

I have come across a German car resale company selling a 1LE on their site...so our cars won't be the first 1LE in the country. Interestingly, 1LE doesn't seem to be mentioned in the details of the add (translation error possibly).

LINK

61,000 Euro...equals roughly $69,000 USD! Realize Germans must pay a 30% tax on the import along with some other caveats which drive the cost of the car up somewhat artificially. I'm not smart on the process.

Temp was to touch 60 degrees today...rare heatwave in supposedly the coldest month of the year. Would have been nice to have a on time delivery...although in reality hope it slides thru customs a ok.

Last edited by Tim M; 02-18-2019 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-19-2019, 08:52 AM   #37
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
mlee: Do agree. A ZL1 1LE would be ideal, of course.

Nurburgring finally posted their schedule for public days...first opportunity is 17 Mar.

LINK

I've yet to see a 6th gen Camaro in the country - few 5th gens (with all season radials in the snow!).

I have come across a German car resale company selling a 1LE on their site...so our cars won't be the first 1LE in the country. Interestingly, 1LE doesn't seem to be mentioned in the details of the add (translation error possibly).

LINK

61,000 Euro...equals roughly $69,000 USD! Realize Germans must pay a 30% tax on the import along with some other caveats which drive the cost of the car up somewhat artificially. I'm not smart on the process.

Temp was to touch 60 degrees today...rare heatwave in supposedly the coldest month of the year. Would have been nice to have a on time delivery...although in reality hope it slides thru customs a ok.
I know there is at least one guy that posts in the 1LE section on here that is in Germany so you aren't alone.

With only a handful of 1LEs there and the new ones selling for that much think about how much we could sell our used ones for?!?! You can potentially enjoy it for 3-4 years and then sell it for 30-40k Euros and get most if not all of your money back haha
Old 02-20-2019, 01:23 PM   #38
Tim M

FNxR3DNECK: Good to know...I hadn't seen any others other than JeromeS13, but I likely missed them.

Notified the car arrived Bremerhaven...my paperwork is on hand...unsure if the customs is cleared on their end though.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:46 PM   #39
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
17 March at the Ring is coming up quick..

I can't even imagine running that.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:21 AM   #40
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
17 March at the Ring is coming up quick..

I can't even imagine running that.
It's a big reason why I applied to go over there haha the base I would be at is only about 2hours from the ring, about the same to Hockenheim and about 3 hours from Spa!!!

Plus my only other real option is Alaska and it's not likely that I would get much enjoyment out of a 1LE up there lol
Old 02-25-2019, 10:30 AM   #41
Tim M

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
With only a handful of 1LEs there and the new ones selling for that much think about how much we could sell our used ones for?!?! You can potentially enjoy it for 3-4 years and then sell it for 30-40k Euros and get most if not all of your money back haha
The 1LE I mentioned on the price was actually a used one from a dealer - it appears they sell primarily American cars. Nonetheless, likely there is more to it than just signing over the pinkslip - otherwise it would be common knowledge. Would be a nice outcome though!

Update: truck arrives Wednesday in Boblingen customs house (suburb of Stuttgart). Weather looks decent even...will be bringing my temp plates and a camera for all the damage...(we hope not).

Apologies for the tangent - but visited the Porsche Museum yesterday (its local) and had to pose with my favorite car:

Porsche 959. I recall reading a test back in the 80's of how to get the best launch time - turn up the wick to 7000 rpm with AWD in lock - dump the clutch with all 4 spinning. Also nearly touches 200 mph...back in 1986.

Last edited by Tim M; 02-25-2019 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:47 AM   #42
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
The 1LE I mentioned on the price was actually a used one from a dealer - it appears they sell primarily American cars. Nonetheless, likely there is more to it than just signing over the pinkslip - otherwise it would be common knowledge. Would be a nice outcome though!

Update: truck arrives Wednesday in Boblingen customs house (suburb of Stuttgart). Weather looks decent even...will be bringing my temp plates and a camera for all the damage...(we hope not).

Good Luck!!! Hopefully she is pristine!