Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-31-2023, 06:14 AM   #1
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Strut Tower Bolt - Specs/Part Number?

While installing my strut tower brace, one of the strut tower bolts got away from me and fell down in to bottom on engine compartment and cannot locate. I tried rocking car back and forth and also slamming brakes on going forward and reverse but it didnt come out. I am looking for specs on actual bolt or current part number. This is one of the 3 silver bolts on the top side of the strut tower... While the support brace bolt (that was discarded when GM strut tower brace was installed) seems to be same size and have installed as a temp solution, i would like to put the correct bolt back in place.

2016 Camaro SS
Old 06-01-2023, 07:25 PM   #2
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I've dropped stuff down there. Had to jack the car up and remove the panels to retrieve it. To get a replacement bolt call your local Chevy parts department.
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 09:52 PM   #3
pitrott1
OSCM(SW) USN Ret.

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS-1LE VOM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
While installing my strut tower brace, one of the strut tower bolts got away from me and fell down in to bottom on engine compartment and cannot locate. I tried rocking car back and forth and also slamming brakes on going forward and reverse but it didnt come out. I am looking for specs on actual bolt or current part number. This is one of the 3 silver bolts on the top side of the strut tower... While the support brace bolt (that was discarded when GM strut tower brace was installed) seems to be same size and have installed as a temp solution, i would like to put the correct bolt back in place.

2016 Camaro SS
You find the stock number for the bolts le me know
pitrott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 04:27 PM   #4
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
If your Chevy dealer can't help you, just take the remaining bolts over to the local Home Depot/Lowe's and they can identify the bolt you need.
The strut brace kit I bought had just 2 new longer bolts for the inner brace holes (as I recall). The outer bolts remained stock. The new ones were about an inch longer.
Keep in mind the torque spec for those bolts is just 16lb/ft. In a Camaro coupe a strut tower brace is much more decorative than necessary and does not experience a great deal of stress.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote