Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - California

AWE Tuning

Old 03-05-2023, 10:13 PM   #1
Cusima55

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE M6 Shadow Grey
Are there any dealerships that will order a Camaro SS 1LE?

Hello,
I'm having a hard time finding a dealership that is willing to order a Camaro SS 1LE to be built for me. I kinda understand that with the high interest rates they want to sell what they in inventory or what they have coming in transit but if I'm going to spend $50,000 on a vehicle in not going to settle for what the they ordered. I've been a diehard Chevy man for 50 years but the dealerships are pushing me to look at other manufacturers. I really have a hard time believing that I've spent 3 months trying and haven't found a dealership that will order a build. I've gone as far a contacting Chevrolet and they have dealers contact me but they are still unwilling to order.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
Mark
I was hoping to have a 2023 Camaro SS/1LE built. I found this to be hard done than said. I went to Simpson Chevrolet in Garden Grove, CA and they took good care of me! I didn't get the Radiant Red car I wanted built but I was able to get everything on a 2023 Shadow Grey 1SS/1LE. I must admit that I've fallen for the Shadow Grey color too!
Cusima55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 12:01 AM   #2
Buddy Shagmore

Drives: '23 LT1 & '16 GMC Canyon
Try Rydell Chevy in Northridge. I ordered a LT1 Feb 11. $500 refundable deposit. Ask for Bob Torres.
Buddy Shagmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 10:08 AM   #3
CYN_CRVR

Drives: 2023 V6 RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Shagmore View Post
Try Rydell Chevy in Northridge. I ordered a LT1 Feb 11. $500 refundable deposit. Ask for Bob Torres.
I'm curious - does your car have a delivery date yet, or were they able to provide an estimated date when you ordered it?
CYN_CRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:18 PM   #4
CYN_CRVR

I just ordered a custom configuration from Rydell in Northridge. The salesperson (Martin) said factory rates are back up, so it should arrive in April or May. We'll see...
Old 03-17-2023, 07:58 PM   #5
Xyebo

Drives: '23 1SS 1LE | '18 1LS V6 [sold]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYN_CRVR View Post
I just ordered a custom configuration from Rydell in Northridge. The salesperson (Martin) said factory rates are back up, so it should arrive in April or May. We'll see...

Did they say whether the will markup the price?
Xyebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 08:28 PM   #6
CYN_CRVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyebo View Post
Did they say whether the will markup the price?
He didn't mention a markup, and the printout he provided lists $0 in adjustments.

...and on principle I won't pay a penny over MSRP, so if they try to pull some chit when I go to pay for it, then they'll be stuck with a V6 6MT with a very specific set of options.
Old 03-19-2023, 02:21 PM   #7
rcinsolo

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 6 speed convertible
I have some friends at VictorVille Chevrolet I can ask them if they are willing to order.
rcinsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 03:09 AM   #8
daniel.drives

Drives: Chevy Camaro 1SS 1LE
I'll throw Jason Holley at Selman Chevy into the mix. He was willing to put in an order for me, but it sounds like they're a low volume dealership and there might be a wait. I ended up buying a different dealership's 1LE that just happened to be 1 line item off of what I wanted

jasonholley (at) selmanchevy dot com
daniel.drives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 06:46 PM   #9
openaperture

Drives: n/a
I spoke with Rydell Chevy in Northridge this afternoon about factory ordering a 2SS.

While they did say they could order one they confirmed they're charging a $2000 markup on them.

I'll need to try some other dealers
openaperture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 04:50 PM   #10
Mojave13

Drives: 04 Colorado, 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Here's hoping you've been successful since posting.

Yes, Selman Chevrolet for OC/LA metro's. They seem to have steady Camaro allocation allowing me to order my 1le from them no prob's

Sold 2010 6.2L V8 6M SS/RS Cyber Grey Metallic
1LE Track Pack, DiabloSport Jammer CAI, Stage1 CAM, Ported & Polished Heads, HD LS3 Timing Chain, Melling High Volume Oil Pump, LS7 Lifters, BTR Trunnion Upgrade, LS3 Springs & Pushrods, JBA Shorty Silver ceramic Headers, Granatelli high temp blue wires w/ Fire sleeves, Borla S-type CAT back, MGW black Flat short throw shifter, Custom Calibration/tune
Mojave13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california headers, camaro ss 1le, help me find my car, help needed, ordering a camaro