Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Mid-Atlantic

AWE Tuning

Old 09-08-2022, 08:47 AM   #1
Danew_377
Chief Bief

Drives: Nightfall Gray Camaro 1SS
Header swap experience

Anyone in the Norfolk/ Va beach area with experience doing a header swap that can offer assistance or place to do said swap?

I have a lift on base but the hours won't allow me to do the whole job in one shot and anyone that I could have to help would have to be vetted by the hobby shop here first.

Will pay with money or beer/pizza for anyone interested and able to help me with the install.

I have a set of CSP headers that I'll be installing once I get them back from precision powdercoating for thermal coating.

2016 NFG 1SS M6
JLT Intake, LT2 Manifold, LT5 TB, CSP 2" headers, AWE Catback Exhaust, Apex ARC-8 Wheels.
426whp/434wtq
Danew_377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 02:15 PM   #2
VadersSlayer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Here! Did mine in my garage over a long weekend though. CSP headers as well. I'm in Chesapeake but if you need anything I'm typically available. DM me if needed.
Old 09-08-2022, 04:30 PM   #3
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Too funny... I was just there last week vising my wife (navy nurse) and came home yesterday... I wish i could have helped!
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 07:07 AM   #4
Danew_377
Chief Bief

Quote:
Originally Posted by VadersSlayer View Post
Here! Did mine in my garage over a long weekend though. CSP headers as well. I'm in Chesapeake but if you need anything I'm typically available. DM me if needed.
I would gladly take the help. I have a full AWE Touring exhaust, and I'm pretty confident that things should mate up when the headers go on. Not sure if you did it by yourself but I feel like it could be done in one day if two sets of hands were working on them.

I'll get in contact with you when I have them back in my hands. Thanks for the quick response.

2016 NFG 1SS M6
JLT Intake, LT2 Manifold, LT5 TB, CSP 2" headers, AWE Catback Exhaust, Apex ARC-8 Wheels.
426whp/434wtq
Old 09-09-2022, 07:09 AM   #5
Danew_377
Chief Bief

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
Too funny... I was just there last week vising my wife (navy nurse) and came home yesterday... I wish i could have helped!
Very much appreciated man. I do a lot of travel between Norfolk and New York City where my wife and kids are. So I understand fully.

2016 NFG 1SS M6
426whp/434wtq
Old 09-13-2022, 11:36 AM   #6
VadersSlayer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I did mine over a 96 in the garage. There are some tight areas for sure but if you have all the needed tools then it can be done in a day easily. It's probably harder getting the stock parts out.

Hope the AWE mates up perfectly, if not there's a muffler shop down the road in Great Bridge. They do great work and don't charge an arm and a leg to make some minor adjustments to the pipes.
Old 09-16-2022, 08:06 AM   #7
Danew_377
Chief Bief

I have a friend that stays in Suffolk off of 58 and plan on getting that done at his place in two weeks.

I hope to not be driving with open headers for a bit but if it happens then I'll just enjoy it until I can get things welded up.

What's the name of the muffler shop?

2016 NFG 1SS M6
426whp/434wtq