Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-09-2021, 05:24 PM   #407
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
Can I borrow your pics lol

haha when i used to work at aero company we had to have people destroy cf parts and it was funny thesy actually came up with some creative ways

used a hood as a sled in parking lot

shoot it with a machine gun/shotgune

use a flamethrower

cut em in half with swords

etc...lol it was fun
Old 08-09-2021, 05:34 PM   #408
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Quote:
Can I borrow your pics lol
Lol sorry man I just got my refund today so they already have seen them
Old 08-09-2021, 07:49 PM   #409
Jaxcam02

Quote:
I modified mine so it would fit in the holes
**** man this is depressing to see these things cut up. Lol
Old 08-12-2021, 02:33 AM   #410
weslp00

Drives: '18 2SSM6 Camaro ‘01C5Z06 Vet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Quick run through table saw, this hurt to do.
Wow I bet that really did hurt!
Just an idea.. Now its cut in half I'd be tempted to see it it fits and if not not make it fit. Then get a body shop to graft it back together and then paint it.

Just sayin...

I bit the bullet in June and went oem..got one from Matt at Wildhammer.
Did me a great deal but even that has cleaned me out..totally
Turned up unmarked.
Must admit the oem version is pure car sex!
weslp00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 11:59 AM   #411
sshady

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I had the same experience with my AC carbon fiber wing order - stanchion posts did not line up with the existing SS trunk holes. I purchased through Vivid Racing and confirmed the issue with Anderson Composites - as soon as I sent them photos they immediately asked me to destroy it rather than ask any clarifying or troubleshooting steps which makes me think they are well aware of this issue. I asked for a replacement from both Vivid and AC and they would only refund the purchase.

I ended up shipping the wing back to them rather than destroying it and making a mess of the garage.

This order took about 6 months to get delivered and a few months to get refunded once the return was approved, it was a very long time to be out a good chunk of cash.

Interestingly, the return address listed Seibon Intn'l (https://seiboncarbon.com/), which has a great reputation for quality carbon fiber.

Super bummed that this wing did not work, I purchased a color matched SS trunk in order to put this wing on my SS 1LE without having to ruin my stock trunk, I'm still deciding if I should get rid of the SS trunk or find another wing - the Zl1 1LE OEM is too expensive and aftermarket wings like APR are a bit too aggressive for my tastes. Hoping I can find other wing options that are functional + look good.
Attached Images

sshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 12:03 PM   #412
kropscamaro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshady View Post
I had the same experience with my AC carbon fiber wing order - stanchion posts did not line up with the existing SS trunk holes. I purchased through Vivid Racing and confirmed the issue with Anderson Composites - as soon as I sent them photos they immediately asked me to destroy it rather than ask any clarifying or troubleshooting steps which makes me think they are well aware of this issue. I asked for a replacement from both Vivid and AC and they would only refund the purchase.

I ended up shipping the wing back to them rather than destroying it and making a mess of the garage.

This order took about 6 months to get delivered and a few months to get refunded once the return was approved, it was a very long time to be out a good chunk of cash.

Interestingly, the return address listed Seibon Intn'l (https://seiboncarbon.com/), which has a great reputation for quality carbon fiber.

Super bummed that this wing did not work, I purchased a color matched SS trunk in order to put this wing on my SS 1LE without having to ruin my stock trunk, I'm still deciding if I should get rid of the SS trunk or find another wing - the Zl1 1LE OEM is too expensive and aftermarket wings like APR are a bit too aggressive for my tastes. Hoping I can find other wing options that are functional + look good.

seibon and anderson are the same company they dont hide it they just dont advertise it lol where you located and is that a nightfall gray trunk you have?
Old 08-12-2021, 12:31 PM   #413
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
They want it destroyed so that you don't try to sell it someone else as-is. Its also very possible that someone could probably fix their mistake and still use it however since it didn't come from them correct, they don't want to risk any further damage to their reputation if someone tries to fix it themselves and it comes apart or causes any damage.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 12:33 PM   #414
kropscamaro16

yup we used to call it field destroy no idea if people actually every tried to fix em but after they sent us photos its whatever...

i remember a guy photoshopped his hood cut in half and we all laughed and called him out on it haha suckers
Old 08-12-2021, 12:40 PM   #415
Jaxcam02

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
yup we used to call it field destroy no idea if people actually every tried to fix em but after they sent us photos its whatever...

i remember a guy photoshopped his hood cut in half and we all laughed and called him out on it haha suckers
you should have saved the photo. Like how bad of a shop job was it? lol

Do you work for anderson or something?
Old 08-12-2021, 12:46 PM   #416
kropscamaro16

haha i did for awhile and posted it on facebook im pretty sure but was 5 years ago and na i used to work for extreme dimensions their competition so i know the aftermarket aero world pretty well

big 3 are

extreme dimensions

vis

anderson/seibon
Old 08-12-2021, 12:50 PM   #417
Jaxcam02

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
haha i did for awhile and posted it on facebook im pretty sure but was 5 years ago and na i used to work for extreme dimensions their competition so i know the aftermarket aero world pretty well

big 3 are

extreme dimensions

vis

anderson/seibon
I used to know photoshop and adobe illustrator well in college like a decade ago but I couldn't imagine trying to "cut" a hood on photoshop. Especially not knowing the internal structure.

As for what I am going to do next, its stock spoiler for now. I actually wish I could raise the stock ZL1 spoiler about 2 inches. I really like the flow of it, its just too close to the deck lid for an aggressive look.
Old 08-12-2021, 01:43 PM   #418
kropscamaro16

Quote:
I used to know photoshop and adobe illustrator well in college like a decade ago but I couldn't imagine trying to "cut" a hood on photoshop. Especially not knowing the internal structure.

As for what I am going to do next, its stock spoiler for now. I actually wish I could raise the stock ZL1 spoiler about 2 inches. I really like the flow of it, its just too close to the deck lid for an aggressive look.

yea i sell shit im not good at that stuff lol and you could always do that maybe 3 print some risers or something
Old 08-12-2021, 11:53 PM   #419
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:

I also wish the OEM ZL1 wing was slightly lifted and not just sitting on the trunk.

Yeah I bet someone could 3d print some adapters to raise the wing.. i wonder how one would extend the screws thou...

I'm on the same boat.. no wing... Right now, i am running with no wing at all. I didn't want to put the OEM back cuz i don't want to damage the trunk anymore... I already scratched where the OEM wing sits on the trunk on the center. From the looks, most high wing stanchions are not as big as the OEM ZL1 wing stands.. I got myself on the wait list for a C7 wing.. we'll see how that goes.
Old 08-23-2021, 07:06 PM   #420
birdmanf16

Drives: 2022 Zl1 1lE
Send a message via MSN to birdmanf16 Send a message via Yahoo to birdmanf16
Hey fellas....just bought a ZL1 and want it for track use. Does the Anderson composite wing bolt right on without filling holes or drilling holes? Thanks.
birdmanf16 is offline   Reply With Quote