Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-23-2019, 06:06 AM   #1
Gary H

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Helix sequential LED rear tails (amber) fitted

After some research I went with the Helix tails.
Easy to fit, all LED and they have a switch on the back to change from sequential to fixed flash on the indicator.
(I need amber for the UK)
The only addition was a Gen5DIY wiring harness that stops the camera being permanently on due to the current sensing draw from the reversing LEDs.
Huge thanks to them for overnighting the cable, meaning the car could get sorted and on it's way to the Port to start it's 4500 mile journey!

Video - please excuse the quality
Attached Images

Velossa intake, Rotofab, Mamo TB, Custom ported NX Lid & Jokerz Full tilt ported LT4 charger, 3 port CoolingMist Meth injection - ATI 15% lower pulley, E2X CC, TSP ceramic coated longtubes, de-cat and Borla 60608 to NPP box, JRE tune, BMR rear control & trailing arms, lock-out kit, lowering springs and front strut brace, Custom carbon trim interior, Xpel ultimate front PPF and Prestige window tint with Chameleon Windscreen tint...ever evolving...
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:52 AM   #2
24v
Account Suspended

Drives: 2018 SS
Do the blinkers come on at first when you hit the brakes?
24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:10 AM   #3
Gary H

Drives: Camaro ZL1
No.

Velossa intake, Rotofab, Mamo TB, Custom ported NX Lid & Jokerz Full tilt ported LT4 charger, 3 port CoolingMist Meth injection - ATI 15% lower pulley, E2X CC, TSP ceramic coated longtubes, de-cat and Borla 60608 to NPP box, JRE tune, BMR rear control & trailing arms, lock-out kit, lowering springs and front strut brace, Custom carbon trim interior, Xpel ultimate front PPF and Prestige window tint with Chameleon Windscreen tint...ever evolving...
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:07 PM   #4
warren3537

Drives: 2019 Red Hot ZL1 1LE: 2012 RAM 2500
I need to know if your inside door lock lights still light up when you have it parked for lets say an hour or so, I had these on my 17 SS and for some reason, I was getting a power drain to where after 3 days parked I would have to jump it, normally your inside door lock lights are on when you are driving and should be off when parked, I switched back to my dark GM tails and my inside door lock lights are off now, please let me know if you have the same symptoms.
warren3537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:11 AM   #5
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren3537 View Post
I need to know if your inside door lock lights still light up when you have it parked for lets say an hour or so, I had these on my 17 SS and for some reason, I was getting a power drain to where after 3 days parked I would have to jump it, normally your inside door lock lights are on when you are driving and should be off when parked, I switched back to my dark GM tails and my inside door lock lights are off now, please let me know if you have the same symptoms.
The company makes an add on harness for that. I had a drain but didn't notice the door lock lights on mine. Mine was dead after 7 days of sitting. I am not 100% sure if the problem is fixed as I am out of town for some time but I do have someone coming to the house to start it. I should know tomorrow if they had any problems. Its been sitting for 9 days as of now.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:17 AM   #6
red_johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
The company makes an add on harness for that. I had a drain but didn't notice the door lock lights on mine. Mine was dead after 7 days of sitting. I am not 100% sure if the problem is fixed as I am out of town for some time but I do have someone coming to the house to start it. I should know tomorrow if they had any problems. Its been sitting for 9 days as of now.
So after 9 days of sitting there it started right up with no issues. So it seems that the harness may have fixed the problem. Though more time needs to pass to be sure. I have had my car sit for over 3 months without being started almost 2 years ago so we might let it go for 14 days and see what happens.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:07 AM   #7
warren3537

Thanks for the heads up, I will be getting the harness today but will decide if I want to leave the factory darks in or put the helix lights back on, time will tell.
Old 07-23-2019, 02:40 AM   #8
red_johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
So after 9 days of sitting there it started right up with no issues. So it seems that the harness may have fixed the problem. Though more time needs to pass to be sure. I have had my car sit for over 3 months without being started almost 2 years ago so we might let it go for 14 days and see what happens.
Went 14 days and started as normal. Pretty sure the issue is fixed with this new harness.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:56 AM   #9
warren3537

I did get the harness, it looks like the one that I got for my GM dark tail lights for the LED back up lights, I need to look to see if they are one and the same, if that was the case I could have used that one.