Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

View Poll Results: Best interior
Mustang 14 8.92%
Challenger 8 5.10%
Camaro 135 85.99%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2019, 01:46 PM   #29
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
The only thing I don't like about the Camaro interior is all of those climate control etc buttons in a row. They are small and all look the same, so I find I actually have to look closely to change anything.
I set mine on 73 degrees when I bought it and haven't touched it since.

With respect to the rest of the interior, I love the Recaro seats, the rest is kind of meh. The USB ports in the center console are a PITA. I don't like whatever that stuff is they put on the steering wheel of the 1LE, give me leather. Generally, it's just ok. But, I didn't buy it for the interior, I bought it for the engine, chassis, suspension, etc. Those are all awesome.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #30
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceGoaliePaul View Post
One of the reasons I fell in love with the gen6 Camaro was the interior especially in the red. I like the simple row of climate control buttons although wish they'd added some tactile bumps so you could find the controls without looking. The mylink infotainment is disappointing and the cyan blue shadow on the text is terrible. The pre-2019 Camaro exterior front end looks good but the back end is kind of plain.

I absolutely hated the mustang interior. The plastic silver toggle switches look incredibly cheap. The fake carbon fiber on some of the trims make it look really cheap and overall build quality seemed poor. I found plastic panels you could see tooling marks on. I really like the mustang exterior especially the triple brake lamps/DRL.

I haven't really looked at the challenger interior. I don't like the challenger exterior. I understand why some people do but it's just not my taste.

Same!! The toggle switches annoyed me so much and I don’t know why, it was so cheesy. I love the Mustang style but researching them I just kept getting that vibe that I was reaching and looking at things I know I don’t actually want. The Ford dealership also had like zero options to show though too so I’m sure that didn’t help. I have researched them twice and twice the dealerships had no stock to show me. They had a 2016 and a 2019 that was a special order.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:12 PM   #31
wyatt 390

Drives: 2018 SS
Camaro all the way. Challenger is so plain and no style.Mustsank is just cheap
wyatt 390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:35 PM   #32
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
I actually like the challenger interior, it's pretty nice.
Mustang interior sucks.
The Camaro interior is pretty good, very ergonomic for driving position, but not necessarily reaching the window switches, parking brake, etc. No storage.
But as far as "is it a nice place to be?" yes, I really like it. The seats are super comfortable.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 03:02 PM   #33
Infamus

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I love the interior of my 1LE... the only thing that bugs me is the infotainment screen the angle makes it hard to see and it is too dim at times can't see the artist's name or song...

That is it I test drove the GT350 and the only thing I liked about the inside was the seats...
Infamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 03:14 PM   #34
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Every car has pros and cons and lots of reasons listed already go into these rankings plus more. But this is really easy to rank for me.
1. Camaro
2. Challenger
3. Mustang
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 05:57 PM   #35
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
The Challenger interior is nice and roomy but I prefer the Camaro over the other 2. The 6 gen is a vast improvement over the 5th gen in my opinion too just a little more cramped though. The Recaro seats are really nice in my Z too!
Old 04-03-2019, 05:58 PM   #36
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Test drove a SRT 392 Scat Pack T/A a little bit ago. I like the interior and think it's nicely done and tasteful and is a bit retro while still being modern. Nothing glaring stood out, but it lacks the interior lighting the Camaro has and I think that would be a nice addition to the car. Their infotainment system is pretty top notch, being able to bring up gauges, sport modes, etc. Fun as hell to drive too, doesn't feel as 'big' as you would think. Better than the stang for me and that's a fun car to drive too.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:53 AM   #37
Jbanta1983

Drives: 2019 2ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
I was wondering others opinions about the 6th gens interiors. I’ve seen countless times that it has worse interiors than a Challenger and the new Mustangs. Am I crazy to like the Camaro interior? I test drove a Mustang (I know) and I didn’t enjoy the interior. It’s too busy and it doesn’t have anything Camaro doesn’t have. Is it just me?
I personally lovethe interior. It's simple yet sleek, it's a muscle car it shouldn't be too overwhelming.
Jbanta1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:44 AM   #38
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Camaro > Challenger > > > > > Mustang.

Camaro - modern, efficient, elegant. Gets a LOT of attention and positive comments at shows.

Challenger - very good for the muscle car that it is, if a bit dated.

Mustang - Way too too much plastichrome. Sorry I don't wan't to drive a child's toy with toggles made by Playskool.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:32 AM   #39
mrgoodbytes

Drives: '18 2SS/EU (+Recaros) M6 Red Hot
Having driven them all.

I like the "new" Challenger interior, I think it is very modern(/retro) and clean looking. They really stepped up their game over the old one with the white dials.

From a drivers perspective I really like the 5th and the 6th Camaro interior for its cockpit style feeling. One thing I like better on the 5th gen than the 6th gen, is the shape of the A pillars. On the 5th gen I think they have a much more agressive/better-looking curve.

I think the Mustang is the worst of the three, interior wise. The driver mode selection buttons, the start button, the dials (before they went digital) and the steering wheel all looks very "cheap" to me. It's all personal preference, but I think they could have made a better job making it look a higher quality.
mrgoodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #40
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodbytes View Post
Having driven them all.

I like the "new" Challenger interior, I think it is very modern(/retro) and clean looking. They really stepped up their game over the old one with the white dials.

From a drivers perspective I really like the 5th and the 6th Camaro interior for its cockpit style feeling. One thing I like better on the 5th gen than the 6th gen, is the shape of the A pillars. On the 5th gen I think they have a much more agressive/better-looking curve.

I think the Mustang is the worst of the three, interior wise. The driver mode selection buttons, the start button, the dials (before they went digital) and the steering wheel all looks very "cheap" to me. It's all personal preference, but I think they could have made a better job making it look a higher quality.
Agree on everything!!
Old 04-10-2019, 11:34 AM   #41
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Not surprised there's a lot of dislike on here for the Mustang interior- it is the Camaro's biggest rival. To me, my GT Premium interior feels pretty nice. I like the double wing design on the dash. Things are well done, vinyl or soft touch materials in most places with a few spots of hard plastic trim around the screen and door locks which doesn't bother me. The premium plus upgrades some of that to stitched vinyl, like the entire center console and knee bolsters. But I didn't buy my car because of the interior. Although in a comparison I think motor trend said the Mustang interior felt $2k nicer than the Camaro's. But this is one of those things that's totally subjective.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:01 PM   #42
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
The top of the dashboard is the biggest downfall. It really SHOULD be soft touch material in all trims with the option of being suede covered.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote