Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Great Lakes

Phastek Performance

Old 03-12-2018, 09:56 AM   #1
HartfordRacingCaptain

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, 2023 Colorado Z71
MIS Student Formula May 9th-12th

In this season of car gathering planning, I figured some of you may be interested. Each year MIS/SAE hosts a collegiate formula competition (see sig pic) after the spring semester. This year its from May 9th-12th. Teams fly in from Germany, Austria, Singapore, Korea, and a bunch of other countries to compete, with a total of 120 teams. I'll be going this year to watch my old team, and thought some of you Michigan locals may appreciate it too. Parking and entry is free to spectators, there are no fees whatsoever to watch/do anything. Pretty sure spectators can get into the pits too, where teams welcome people to come up and ask questions about their cars. Easily my favorite car event ever. Its always interesting seeing what a bunch of college students can do in their free time. Students aren't paid and there are no cash prizes, it's all for the glory.

GM and Ford normally bring giveaways and their newly released toys that people can sit in. Last year Chevrolet brought the ZL1 1LE, for example. Acura had one of their NSXs screaming down the track. Ford had the new Raptor and a different GT (not the mustang) every day, including their Le Mans entry. A couple years ago Tony Stewart was running around giving autographs too.

Wednesday and Thursday are pretty tame static events (business, design presentations, car safety and technical review), with Friday and Saturday having the dynamic events (skid, acceleration, autoX, endurance). Then BeckyD's car show is that same Saturday, so it seems like a good "car person" weekend to plan for.

https://www.sae.org/attend/student-e...-sae-michigan/

HartfordRacingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 02:20 PM   #2
HartfordRacingCaptain

Maybe GM will have the new Camaros there to touch. I'll post an update here when I go if they do.

Old 05-07-2019, 02:59 PM   #3
HartfordRacingCaptain

I won't be attending this year, but the event starts tomorrow and goes through Saturday if anyone is interested! The link in the first post still works.

Old 10-10-2022, 02:22 PM   #4
HalStuart

Drives: Nissan Qashqai
Does anyone know if there are any racing competitions nowadays with a prize? I aim to get money for my dream university or a scholarship, Idk, but I need financial sources.

Last edited by HalStuart; 10-17-2022 at 12:54 PM.
HalStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 08:15 AM   #5
PamTice

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Do you mean those organized only for students?* No one comes to my mind, but I know another solution for getting your scholarship. For example, I participated in a history writing contest, and this source helped me with free papers about Julius Caesar. I won the student competition and received a nice financial grant. So, good luck with getting money for your dream studies.

Last edited by PamTice; 10-17-2022 at 12:50 PM.
PamTice is offline   Reply With Quote